PDA

View Full Version : taking meds to stop having periods

veroda
July 25th, 2017, 10:16 PM
a friend of mine told me today she is on something called depo povo or something like it and stopped having period a while ago... anyone heard about something like it? is it safe?

Mollypop
July 26th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Depo provera is a shot you get every few months. It's long term birth control and often stops you from having periods while you're on it. It's safe as far as I know. You have to have a doctor give it to you but that's really no different from getting a prescription for the pill. I haven't tried it but mostly that's because I hate needles.

ChloeF
July 26th, 2017, 03:45 AM
Yeah, l've heard of it.
l think Mollypop has the right name for it and like she says, l'm not aware of any side effects.

angelina
July 26th, 2017, 08:10 AM
a friend of mine told me today she is on something called depo povo or something like it and stopped having period a while ago... anyone heard about something like it? is it safe?
That is depo Provera which is prescribed when menstrual periods have stopped or in case of an abnormal bleeding of uterus due to hormone imbalance.This i learnt from my neighbor aunt and this is not for normal use..better consult a physician.

veroda
July 26th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Ill definitely try asking a doctor about it...