PDA

View Full Version : Tattletale

evansk8
July 25th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Is it ever okay to tattletale? I saw something the other day that was really bad but I don't want to say anything about it. I can always say I never saw it and nobody would know. What does everyone else think?

ska8er
July 25th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Don't say anything Unless u r
directly involved with it or u r
in danger of what u saw or
heard. Being a tattletale just
brings u into it which I'm sure
u don't want to b in.

SethfromMI
July 25th, 2017, 05:26 PM
unless someone is in danger, hurting themselves or others, or another extreme situation like that, I would advise against it personally. that being said, you have to do what you feel is right. what I think or would do doesn't matter. if you think someone needs to know and you are convicted of it, then let someone know. All I am saying is that could end up with a reputation with your cousins, friends whoever and they may not trust you. again though, some things you should tell. it is a call you have to make

evansk8
July 25th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Yeah I think I better keep my mouth shut. It does involve one of my cousins. And I have to live here for the foreseeable future so don't want to make my life any harder than it already is. I think I'd get in big trouble if my aunt or uncle found out I knew something and didn't say. But nobody is in life or death trouble or anything like that.

Just JT
July 25th, 2017, 08:31 PM
If it's something's like a safety issue, are they doing something that's really bad, then I'd probably try and coach them outa it

Sometimes that don't work. But not knowing what it is is hard to give advice on.
If it's someone doing something like age appropriate exploration of what ever that's one thing but....

swimjoey1
July 25th, 2017, 10:59 PM
I would say something if it is hurting someone.

Sere
July 26th, 2017, 12:33 AM
If it's really horrid, speak out. If it's hurting anyone, speak out. But if it's not too bad and no one's hurt in truth you can probably be keep your mouth glued.
Hope this helps

Hjhj

jamie_n5
July 28th, 2017, 03:43 PM
I agree with Sk8ter that you shouldn't say a thing unless it was something illegal or would hurt or endanger someone else. You can do just the opposite with what your intentions are by tattling so you need to use your own best judgement on the severity of what you saw or heard is.

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 01:09 AM
Offer your own help to the victim and then assess the situation to see if an adult needs to get involved. So to answer your question, tatletailing is okay in some situations.

evansk8
August 1st, 2017, 01:16 AM
Thanks for your help everyone! The issue is gone now. I just have to keep my mouth shut, which is easier said than done. But it/s for the best