PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out to My Family

newyorker
July 25th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Hey I'm 19 and just recently fully accepted that I'm bisexual. I had considered it and struggled with it for a long time but just in the last few months I've fully admitted to myself and some friends that I'm bi. I want to tell my family too because I hate lying to them and want to completely honest especially now that I have a boy that i really like and that likes me (we're not official official yet because it's a long distance thing but still) and Im pretty sure they won't like kick me out of the house or anything but they're religious so they are not going to be thrilled. Should I tell them soon or wait until I move away to school next month and tell them when I live away from home? And how do I bring up the subject ahhhh help thanks

WhoWhatWhen
July 25th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I would wait until you're not living at home. Maybe you should also wait until you and the boy are official so they know you're serious? Not sure how you should bring it up though. Good luck :)

DriveAlive
July 25th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I do not think that there is any reason to ever "come out." Let it be what it is.

ska8er
July 25th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Don't cause any ill feelings at home right
now since u r starting school. Get used to
being away from home and it might get u
in a more positive position to come out to
ur parents if u ever decide to do so. Unless
it is bothering u that u r keeping a secret
I would not come out til u believe that ur
parents can handle it. If not then don't
mess with their feelings.

jamie_n5
July 29th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I don't think that you should come out just yet to anyone. Wait until you actually have a relationship with a guy and are absolutely sure and comfortable yourself being Bi. Then when you know for sure then tell others and your family. You will also be out on your own at college and that will help make it easier also. Good luck.