PDA

View Full Version : sleeping a lot

MysticMarine
July 25th, 2017, 07:37 AM
I usually go to sleep at 2am wake up at 8am and I have insomnia and I have anxiety/depression and I sleep like all the time in the day is it because of this? Also a seperate thing I've had a rash around my chest area and hips I usually get eczema on my hips but not on my chest but it looks similar but they don't hurt or itch or anything just dry and stuff.

Desynchronized
July 25th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Idk bout the rash prob but you're sleeping in the day cus your body isn't getting nuff sleep at night. Talk with doctor or stuff for helping you fix that.

Fleek
July 25th, 2017, 11:06 AM
I find too much sleep makes me tired. If that makes sense?

ska8er
July 25th, 2017, 06:06 PM
U sleep too much during the day and
not get enough at night. Eczema does
spread so what u have on ur hips can
break out anywhere else. If u haven't
seen a doctor please do. Anxiety can
also cause a rash among a lot of other
stuff.

Seraph
August 2nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
You get 6 hours of sleep in the night, and that should be enough time, perhaps a 2-hour nap should be enough in the day (if you feel tired), but no more than that is required for the body. If you have a habit of sleeping for more time than that, you may want to change your sleep patterns.

Once the thought of sleeping at daytime may have seemed stupid, but now your body is used to this and is adapted to sleep at day. You will have to change the pattern now. In order to change the pattern, start reducing your sleep time by 5-15 minutes per day. After a few days, you will be left with a more fitting sleep cycle.

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Teens should get 8-10 hours of sleep per night. This and your rash could be connected with your anxiety and depression. I would talk to your doctor about both.

bladek9
September 10th, 2017, 08:26 PM
I haven't read any of the other replies, and frankly, I don't plan to. If you are having sleeping problems whether it's anxiety, insomnia, over active hormones, whatever, often the best fix is to change your sleeping environment. This means changing whatever you are capable of about your surroundings while you sleep.

Your brain is constantly processing information, and for some anxiety prone brains, this can be ample time to think of things that could go wrong. ESPECIALLY at night where nothing seems to be going on too often.

The way to correct any problems that arouse from this would be to change the world you see right before you go to close your eyes. This means moving some of the things in your room around and then sleeping on your side for the night. What I personally do is swap which side of the bed my pillow is on. It puts a whole new perspective on things.

Of course, if this doesn't work, then talk to your parents if you haven't already. This will give them an opportunity to help. Maybe you could ask to sleep in the living room for a night or two.

If all else fails, try sleeping on the floor. If your body can support it that is. A different stiffness, a different altitude, probably a different position. Just try to stimulate your mind as much as possible. Count sheep hopping a fence, or fish in a pond, or stars in the sky if you have that luxury.

Sere
September 10th, 2017, 10:14 PM
I usually go to sleep at 2am wake up at 8am and I have insomnia and I have anxiety/depression and I sleep like all the time in the day is it because of this? Also a seperate thing I've had a rash around my chest area and hips I usually get eczema on my hips but not on my chest but it looks similar but they don't hurt or itch or anything just dry and stuff.
I'm unsure about the rash but you should probably get more sleep in the night. I sleep from going to bed between 10 and 2 and waking up at 5. It's a bad sleep schedule but I've been blasting through it for a year or so. Try to get a better sleep schedule and you should most likely see a doctor or talk to someone about the rash.