PDA

View Full Version : How are you in competition with or jealous of your siblings?

Anniebanannie
July 23rd, 2017, 03:38 PM
My younger sister is 15, two years younger than me. We get along well, but she's more gregarious and outgoing than I am, and I'm more introverted than she is.

Sometimes I do feel left out of things. And sometimes I wish I could be a life of the party type.

Are you in competition somehow or do you feel jealous of your brothers and/or sisters?

mick01
July 23rd, 2017, 03:49 PM
I don't feel any jealousy towards my brothers but we're all into sports so no matter what we are playing we fight like crazy to win. Sometimes one of us gets pissed lol.

ska8er
July 23rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
I don't have any sibs so I am not in competition
with anyone other than my friends. I think we each
have our strengths. We cant b good in everything or
b better looking or b smarter or b more popular. I
think there is a competition between all of us and in
a way it is good because then we strive for a goal.
All of us have had feelings of jealousy towards some
one time or another. Its our way. It only is bad when
u take the jealousy out on someone. I'm sure u r just
as good as ur sister in some ways that u don't give ur
self credit for. We cant all b the life of the party.

zzzzzzzzzz
July 23rd, 2017, 04:36 PM
My older bro and I look VERY alike and I always get called by his name! He's smart and gets straight As easily and I don't. But he's still my bro and we get along

Endeavour
July 23rd, 2017, 04:44 PM
Puberty for All :arrow: Family and Friends

My sister is a lot older than me, she's 22. She goes out a lot more than I do whilst I'm very introverted. She's also done very well at school and at university and sometimes I feel there's a lot of pressure on me to do the same.

Amethyst Rose
July 23rd, 2017, 05:50 PM
There's a significant age gap between my younger sister and I, so comparing us intellectually/socially isn't logical. She's a lot more shy though, which is saying something as I'm quite introverted, and she's determined to not be like me in any possible way :lol:

Just JT
July 24th, 2017, 04:40 PM
You know, I've wanted a brother for so long, and now I have one. And as much as I love it. Yeah, he gets a shit tone more shit done for him and attention.

But I get why, but it still is like, what about me sometimes. I mean I don't see myself as selfish, and he's younger, and has different needs. But still...

Wtf!! I still live here right?

Freckles
July 24th, 2017, 11:32 PM
There's really no competion in our family. My brother is autistic and though we hang together we really don't have the same interests. My little sister can pass tests by memory without even studying so I may be a little jealous about that. What's important to us is what we have in common which is music. We all sing and play and that's how we stay close. Especially since dad's gone. It get's through some hard times.

Claire Asteroid
August 7th, 2017, 01:15 AM
My sister is more outgoing than me. She is 14 and she has had a more serious relationship than I did at her age, and she is always going out with her friends, more than I did.

lliam
August 7th, 2017, 07:56 AM
I never stood in any competitive relationship with my siblings. But thats because they stayed far away with our mom. Also I didn't met'em for years.

But they were jealous about me - my older sister once confessed. Especially my older bro. Just because of the fact that our Dad spent so much with me and supported me in almost everything.

So I wondered what's the fuss about it. Wasn't such a thing?

I lived with Dad. He raised me like his only child. Also my older sibs rejected every invitation to visit us.

When I visited Mom and my bro in Sweden last Christmas, he told me what he does in his spare time in this very remote part north of Sweden.

During summer, he spends most of his time at a lake with swimming and such things as jet skis, aqua-jet packs, diving courses and paragliding, flyin a glider, etc ...

At 18 he made his pilot's license. He now can fly smaller sports airplanes and such.

And in winter he rides fast snowmobiles or does dog sleddging.

Well, that time it was my turn to be really jealous of him.

Now we are even. :D

devotionnel
August 7th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Me and my sister, 21, are soooo different. She's always out-going and social and I feel like I disappoint my mum that I would rather play video games than leave the house all the time and that I'm introverted. I purposely try too hard in my studies so that I've at least got that going for me. On the other hand my little brother is like 9 months old and I feel like he'll always come before me no matter what, even when he gets older.

lliam
August 9th, 2017, 12:16 AM
I kinda was there somehow already. In a slightly different social constellation.

After the divorce of our parents, I decided to live with my dad. So we moved to the country side. A very remote area where he grew up as a kid and teen.

He also worked more at home so he could better take care of me.

For 3 years I'd the best time of my childhood. We did a lot stuff together.

That changed when he met hiis new GF. A mother with threekids.

More and more, she became part of our lives. Of courseher children too. They adopted very quickly my dad as their father.

Dad talked to me about it. He wanted to know how I feel to share his attention with three other kids. Even if this was unusual situation for me, it was not such a big problem either, cause we quickly got along with each other.

But Dad and his girlfriend notwithstanding thought it could be a problem.

Tha's why they introduced the single-parent-time to us.*That meant, depending on how it suited each kid, they spent one or two days with only one of us.

So I spent not only whole weekends alone with Dad, but also with my new mom.

I think that was a pretty good idea from both of them. It made us the family that we are today. It just depends if either the parents and the kids want ore are even willing to do something like this.

jennycakes
August 15th, 2017, 07:33 PM
My brother is 3 years older than me. I did feel a little competitive in getting better grades than he did. He was much better in sports but I am better with grades. also I'm jealous that he is much more extroverted than me.

Anniebanannie
August 15th, 2017, 07:58 PM
My brother is 3 years older than me. I did feel a little competitive in getting better grades than he did. He was much better in sports but I am better with grades. also I'm jealous that he is much more extroverted than me.

Do all your friends want to be his friends too?

jennycakes
August 15th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Do all your friends want to be his friends too?

not really. they don't mind if he is around, but don't actively search him out. My one friend does have a crush on him, so I guess she wants to be "friends" with him

Anniebanannie
August 15th, 2017, 08:29 PM
not really. they don't mind if he is around, but don't actively search him out. My one friend does have a crush on him, so I guess she wants to be "friends" with him

Does that affect your friendship with her at all?

jennycakes
August 15th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Does that affect your friendship with her at all?

Not really. My brother seems pretty oblivious to her moves, which I find amusing.

Anniebanannie
August 15th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Not really. My brother seems pretty oblivious to her moves, which I find amusing.

Pray that he doesn't wake up, lol

Anniebanannie
August 16th, 2017, 06:06 PM
My sister is more outgoing than me. She is 14 and she has had a more serious relationship than I did at her age, and she is always going out with her friends, more than I did.

How old are you now, Claire? How do you feel about not being outgoing like your sister is?

Barbara.
August 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM
No never for the only sibling I have is only 2 years old.

Claire Asteroid
August 18th, 2017, 08:33 AM
How old are you now, Claire? How do you feel about not being outgoing like your sister is?

I'm 19. I've got used to it but I sometimes think she has more fun than I did and has more friends and boys than I did.

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Our parents, and especially our father treats us differently - my brother and I. I sometimes wish I was a boy and could do almost whatever I want.

Claire Asteroid
August 18th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Our parents, and especially our father treats us differently - my brother and I. I sometimes wish I was a boy and could do almost whatever I want.

What can your brother do that you can't?

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 08:56 AM
What can your brother do that you can't?

Well, he is a bit older than me...so I guess that matters a bit...
Basically I can't come home after 10PM even if I'm with friends, I always get texts and I have to say where I am. He gets a free pass on all these.
If I come home late all hell breaks lose, if he does it nobody cares if he's in one piece.
Also, i'm not allowed to have a boyfriend, he is allowed to bring home girls.

Claire Asteroid
August 18th, 2017, 09:01 AM
That sounds annoying, I guess you have to meet boys at their house or somewhere else

Claire Asteroid
August 18th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Do you like the girls he brings home?

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Do you like the girls he brings home?

Not really, most of the are really loud and obnoxious.

Brigje
September 15th, 2017, 06:00 AM
I donít have siblings, but I am very close to a cousin, a boy of about the same age as I am. Our families are very close as well and I see him often, there is no jealousy but we compete on many things constanly but in a fun way.

MissMolly
September 19th, 2017, 02:25 AM
My sister is two years older than me, but we aren't very close. We are just very different people. Heck we don't even look alike. You would never know we were sister. I have red hair, freckles, and pale skin and kind of tall and athletic. She has dark brown hair with more tan skin, shorter and curvier.

I am much more focused on school and sports, while she is much more extroverted and likes to party and go out with friends. She always has a lot of friends, while I am pretty quiet and usually only have a couple of really close friends. I think she is also much better looking than me, and spends a lot more time and money on clothes and makeup, so she has had a lot of boyfriends while I have only had 2 or 3. But my relationships have lasted longer and (I think) have been deeper and more meaningful.

The only thing I am jealous of is her body sometimes. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with who I am and my accomplishments.

kyle2003
September 25th, 2017, 09:32 PM
I'm not jealous of my brothers, but I think there is a healthy competitive spirit amongst us. We are all involved in competitive activities.

Alisha_
October 3rd, 2017, 06:48 PM
I'm a little bit jealous of how social my sister is. I'm kind of an introvert and a little anti social, i think because I move around a lot so can't really get close to people unless its online. She just seems to flourish wherever she is and it does make me jealous sometimes.

Harrier
October 14th, 2017, 05:36 PM
I think if I had a brother more my age I would be very competitive with him. As it is he is 4 years younger. I have one sister a year older, and another a year younger. We all 4 are competitive at games and stuff. And I compare how my parents bend the rules for me and my sisters. They are harder on me with school and harder on them with boys. Stuff like that.

SeansLittleBro
November 19th, 2017, 09:27 PM
I have a twin brother and when we were younger, since we really are identical each would be called the others name. We did take advantage of that at times. Plust we ar both in sports and are naturally competitive with each other, but there are 4 boys in our family and we are all very close We have our days when we wish we were an only child but that is rare...

Princesa77
November 21st, 2017, 08:52 PM
I'm the oldest in my family and never got jealous of my sibs, all of my sisters being younger than me. I'm sort of 'Mum' to them when our own gets severe anxiety. My little sisters treat me with respect, especially as they know I'll reward them for helping around the house. With no father around, I have to wear the trousers, lol.

Animal3393
November 30th, 2017, 07:02 PM
The only person you should ever compete with is yourself. If you are an introvert thats fine and that is just who you are. If you feel you want to change then do so, but it’ll only work if you are changing because you want to and not because you want to compete with, or be like someone else.

NewLeafsFan
December 1st, 2017, 04:59 AM
I think that sibling rivalries are normal. I think not being in competition would be weird. My sister is 12 years younger than me and we still compete...lol

Juliarules832
December 1st, 2017, 10:39 AM
No siblings :P

Fritz
December 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
Im not jealous of my brothers, i think they would think the same way. but we do like to compete with eachother