PDA

View Full Version : Over active conscience.

cleancut
July 22nd, 2017, 09:43 AM
Score your conscience, and give specific examples.

One: you can not behave badly or you become self destructive.

Two: you can not behave badly or you feel guilty and want to make things right.

Three: It is hard for you to tell the difference between right and wrong and this causes inner turmoil

Four: There is no right or wrong and you can do anything without feeling bad, and you are ok being a psychopath.

DriveAlive
July 22nd, 2017, 09:50 AM
Two but it honestly depends. Most times I have an overactive conscience for things that make literally no sense at all. Other times, I will do whatever it takes.

Flapjack
July 22nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
Two although sometimes it is difficult to know what would be the best thing to do.

Amethyst Rose
July 22nd, 2017, 10:28 AM
Two. I always feel I should be the reconciler, even when I'm not at fault.

Endeavour
July 22nd, 2017, 11:46 AM
Two, though from time to time (very rarely though, more often when I was younger) more option one.

Just JT
July 22nd, 2017, 12:53 PM
Score your conscience, and give specific examples.

One: you can not behave badly or you become self destructive.

Two: you can not behave badly or you feel guilty and want to make things right.

Three: It is hard for you to tell the difference between right and wrong and this causes inner turmoil

Four: There is no right or wrong and you can do anything without feeling bad, and you are ok being a psychopath.

I don't say I'm a little bit of each of these in some ways. I can behave badly, and know I'm wrong, and simply not give a shit. Sometimes I do care, but can't control myself. And that might cause some inner turmoil.

So I can't rate myself as just 1-4. Maybe 5, all of the above?

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 07:57 AM
I'm also in the "Two" category, but sometimes I feel I could go into the "Three"

Mars
August 18th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Between two and three. Not that I can't tell the difference between wrong and right, but sometimes I just don't care and do stuff anyway.

amgb
August 18th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Even in making this post, I'm anxious.

Similar to JT, I don't think I can put myself into only one of them. I can be all four. And like Mars, it's not I can't tell the difference between wrong and right, I know I am aware.

If you mean self destructive thoughts; cheating on tests (I have done before). I think I'm bad, I hate myself, I don't deserve reward, I deserve punishment.

I think conscience has a big impact on anxiety, and that anxiety can also impact our conscience and what we choose to do. Perhaps if we always reaffirm to ourselves our core values we might be able to make the right choices for us and the people around us based on those values, and to reduce anxiety to a level we can handle better. So that when we make choices, we are clear on why we make them.

CharlesB
October 13th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Two. I have alot of patience and if you make me run out of patience I go all the way up to a 10. straight psycho

Matryoshkasystem
October 13th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I probably was one when I was little, though since then I've went to two. though if pushed over the edge I feel like I might go into the four area.

Microcosm
October 21st, 2017, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, I honestly feel that I am a one. However, it is not only in the sense that behaving badly by harming others makes me self-destructive, but also that if I make a simple social mistake, I feel like I want to die many times. It should be noted that I feel that I am a clumsy guy, so I make mistakes a lot.

For instance, once I was working as a Marshal at a golf tournament. I stood in the way of one of the golfer's shots and just stood there as they were trying to tell me to move. I didn't understand what they were trying to get me to do for about a good minute or two. I felt so embarassed that I wanted to legitimately die right then and there. Things like that happen all the time.

Another time my teacher told us to do something without talking and I immediately talked because I hadn't comprehended the part about not talking. He called me out, but not by name, and I felt like a complete moron. I wanted to just curl up in a ball and do nothing for the rest of the day.