PDA

View Full Version : Being away from best friend

Ryanq512
July 21st, 2017, 11:03 PM
So my best friend is away at college for 5 weeks and I've been really missing him. Well today after speaking with him on the phone I've been really struggling with the thought of him being so far away. We've talked about it before and we both knew it was gonna be tough. I was doing fine but today something was just bugging me. He has been telling me he is failing out of the course and has been depressed but is fine now. It's hard for me to think that's there's nothing I can really do to help from so far away and it scares me that something will happen to him and I won't be there to help him. I don't know how to deal with this. Any help would be great.

Sorry I feel like I should mention this too. We have a friendship that I believe is really rare to find. We've only been friends for about 4 years but we are so close you could never tell. Many of our friends give us a tough time cause of how close we are. Whenever we swear on something we swear on the friendship because we believe it's so strong. We have this natural instinct where we can kinda tell something is wrong before something is said. Like before he said he felt depressed I had this odd feeling something was wrong just by the way he was responding to my texts. Idk this might give you an idea why it's so tough for me to be away from him.

Posts merged. Please edit next time. ~Endeavour

Just JT
July 22nd, 2017, 08:59 AM
The word friends is used so loosely in our world. Sounds like you found 1 true friend. And that's special. Friends bust on you probably cause there jealous is all. Don't let that bother you.

What you can do to help?
Stay in touch. Call text email whatever everyday. Offer to help. I'm sure there's someone at college that can help him get his grades up. Get him to talk to them. Is he really far away?
Maybe an occasional weekend home for him and a visit from you.

He might be struggling like you are in the friendship, and reflecting in his grades

It's is a little unusual someone would feel this strongly about missing a friend. But also not really

Your very lucky.