PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have to politicized everything?

mattsmith48
July 21st, 2017, 01:37 PM
somekindofsick posted a quiz about how liberal or conservative you are and some of the questions and answers didn't had anything to do with being liberal or conservative and I was wondering, why do we have to label everything as conservative or liberal or as right or left? And why do we have to politicized everything? They are things that we shouldn't have to pick sides on and they are things where our opinion is not liberal or conservative, and as nothing to do with where we stand politically.

Snowfox
July 21st, 2017, 02:30 PM
Thats what you leftist started.

Bull
July 21st, 2017, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately every thing done and said in the US today is taken as either progressive, liberal, conservative, or tea party right. Any intended centrist statement is attacked by either the left or right, or likely both. Some of us who have more centrist right or left views feel that the dominate parties are more interested in promulgating and preserving their political position than solving problems that benefit Americans. To be blunt they put party above Americans. Shame on them. We, the people, need to forget about making America great again and concentrate on reclaiming America from the politicians! When we do that we will be great! And for those who disagree with my opinion I hold no malaise. I will not say to you, as I have been told, "you have a right to be wrong." lol

Flapjack
July 21st, 2017, 02:46 PM
Thats what you leftist started.
Did you just politicise a thread complaining about people politicising everything XD

Snowfox
July 21st, 2017, 02:49 PM
Did you just politicise a thread complaining about people politicising everything XD

Umm yes

ShineintheDark
July 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM
I guess you could argue that everything IS politics as politics affects everything. Walking to the park - it's politics to decide how much funding goes into the roads you use or the park you visit. Eating a sandwich - it's politics that affects how much money you've earned to pay for that sandwich and everything in it as well as politics that has decided your freedom to eat whatever may be in that sandwich. I personally don't agree with politicising everything but that's is essentially why everything CAN be politicised.

lliam
July 22nd, 2017, 05:36 PM
Because politicizing is fun. You can express yourself fully emotionally in endless meaningless meaningful seeming discussions and send your own ratio and intellect on vacation.

Babs
July 22nd, 2017, 07:00 PM
because adjectives are useful.

mattsmith48
July 22nd, 2017, 09:41 PM
I guess you could argue that everything IS politics as politics affects everything. Walking to the park - it's politics to decide how much funding goes into the roads you use or the park you visit. Eating a sandwich - it's politics that affects how much money you've earned to pay for that sandwich and everything in it as well as politics that has decided your freedom to eat whatever may be in that sandwich. I personally don't agree with politicising everything but that's is essentially why everything CAN be politicised.

Everything being affected by politics is not a reason to politicize everything, having to pick a side on something or that everything is either right or left.

PlasmaHam
July 23rd, 2017, 01:17 PM
mattsmith48, could you give some examples of unnecessary politicization here on VT? I'm just curious as to what you specifically are referring to.

mattsmith48
July 23rd, 2017, 01:46 PM
mattsmith48, could you give some examples of unnecessary politicization here on VT? I'm just curious as to what you specifically are referring to.

I started this thread because of what was in somekindofsick's survey where they classify wanting to build walls as conservative when its just stupid or being for secularism as liberal when its just common sense. But thats more the everything having to be one or the other part of the rant. For VT a good example of unnecessary politicization is when I post news on climate change they always get turned into debates and moved to ROTW.

PlasmaHam
July 23rd, 2017, 02:32 PM
I started this thread because of what was in somekindofsick's survey where they classify wanting to build walls as conservative when its just stupid or being for secularism as liberal when its just common sense. But thats more the everything having to be one or the other part of the rant. For VT a good example of unnecessary politicization is when I post news on climate change they always get turned into debates and moved to ROTW.

Ah, so for example people who can't talk about anything without throwing in insults towards politicians or political beliefs are also guilty of over politicization? I'm just trying to understand your position, buddy ;).

mattsmith48
July 23rd, 2017, 06:19 PM
Ah, so for example people who can't talk about anything without throwing in insults towards politicians or political beliefs are also guilty of over politicization? I'm just trying to understand your position, buddy ;).

I guess it depends on the context, calling Trump a moron is not necessarily political, maybe you are just relating a fact.