PDA

View Full Version : Voice changing

MysticMarine
July 21st, 2017, 06:41 AM
I'm really scared right now because my voice is changing and i don't think I'm ready. It started with a couple voice cracks and now I can't sing high notes without it cracking I really need advice and an estimate on how long i have left with a normal voice. Yes I do know that you can't predict it but in any way like some sort of estimation as I'm really worried about it.

JustsomeNUGGET
July 21st, 2017, 06:47 AM
Can you give any detail on where you are at in ykur puberty.
Like do you have armpit hair?
Do you have pubes?
Give me as much detail as you can

MysticMarine
July 21st, 2017, 06:51 AM
Can you give any detail on where you are at in ykur puberty.
Like do you have armpit hair?
Do you have pubes? Give me as much detail as you can. I do have armpit hair it's getting there but hasn't really thickened and is more thin. Also a few days ago I noticed pubes on my genitals growing and my armpit hair has been around for a while I'm turning 14 in 4 months btw. The voice cracks aren't that noticeable but I can hear them and they are very quick and happen either when I am singing or just randomly throughout the day becoming more regularly but still very shot and last like 0.5 seconds.

Vegas2933
July 21st, 2017, 06:54 AM
Your voice will deepen as puberty goes on. The cracks will stop eventually.

JustsomeNUGGET
July 21st, 2017, 06:54 AM
Ok, in my personal experience, when I was 13, I had a bunch of voice cracks. Now I'm 15 and my voice is still developing but it is quite deep so I think you still have a few more years

MysticMarine
July 21st, 2017, 06:56 AM
Ok, in my personal experience, when I was 13, I had a bunch of voice cracks. Now I'm 15 and my voice is still developing but it is quite deep so I think you still have a few more years

Thanks god, I'm not ready yet!

JustsomeNUGGET
July 21st, 2017, 06:58 AM
Hahaha, neither was I, I loved my singing voice, pre puberty because I could hit ALL the high notes

ShineintheDark
July 21st, 2017, 09:25 AM
When it happens it happens, nothing you can do but wait it out and hope it finishes quickly

twinbros04
July 21st, 2017, 11:47 AM
I'm really scared right now because my voice is changing and i don't think I'm ready. It started with a couple voice cracks and now I can't sing high notes without it cracking I really need advice and an estimate on how long i have left with a normal voice. Yes I do know that you can't predict it but in any way like some sort of estimation as I'm really worried about it.

It will slowly deepen over a long period of time

jamie_n5
July 21st, 2017, 12:31 PM
Well voice change is unavoidable. It is something we all go through in puberty. It may be awkward and embarrassing but just know it's a normal thing from 13-16.

robertd2001
July 21st, 2017, 02:26 PM
There's not a lot you can do to keep your voice from cracking, but you might try breathing into your diaphragm to speak more clearly. ask a choir teacher or P.E. coach about it

ska8er
July 21st, 2017, 03:55 PM
All r voices change whether high or deep.
U cant predict when it is going to balance
out u just have to live with it and wait.
There is no reason to b scared over a
crackling voice. Its not the end of ur life.

pjones
July 21st, 2017, 06:07 PM
i actually like my voice now and i used to sing at school a few years ago. it was really embarrassing when it broke but for me it didn't last long even though it started later than my friends. i can still hit high notes, just takes more effort and concentration

scott2002
July 21st, 2017, 07:56 PM
All r voices change whether high or deep.
U cant predict when it is going to balance
out u just have to live with it and wait.
There is no reason to b scared over a
crackling voice. Its not the end of ur life.
I totally agree. We all go through it and I think it's not at all predictable cuz it's literally changing a little bit every day. For me, most of my changes took place over about 3 months. But I have a friend whose voice has been slightly changing for over a year now.

MysticMarine
July 21st, 2017, 08:31 PM
I don't want to avoid it and I know it won't go but It's totally normal for me to be anxious about it because I haven't gone through it.

Hermes
July 24th, 2017, 09:35 AM
I don't want to avoid it and I know it won't go but It's totally normal for me to be anxious about it because I haven't gone through it.

I didn't feel anxious. That doesn't mean it is wrong for you to feel that way but you mention having a "normal" voice. It is normal for a boy to have a high voice and a man to have a deep voice so as someone transitioning from one to another either or even something in between is normal.

SethfromMI
July 24th, 2017, 09:44 AM
it is nothing to be afraid of, it is just something that happens. it really isn't normal I don't think to be afraid of your voice changing. many of us here have either went through it or are going through it. embarrassing at times yes, but fear? I think it is an unhealthy thing to be afraid of

MysticMarine
July 25th, 2017, 07:10 AM
it is nothing to be afraid of, it is just something that happens. it really isn't normal I don't think to be afraid of your voice changing. many of us here have either went through it or are going through it. embarrassing at times yes, but fear? I think it is an unhealthy thing to be afraid of I'm one of those people who always think of the worst that could happen so of course it's unhealthy because stress in general is. I just don't know if it will effect my life in a positive or negative way!

SethfromMI
July 25th, 2017, 07:51 AM
I'm one of those people who always think of the worst that could happen so of course it's unhealthy because stress in general is. I just don't know if it will effect my life in a positive or negative way!

the worst you will experience is the occasional joke. all of us guys got/get them when our voices were changing. it happens. most people are not actually too mean about it because they know all guys go through it. it is really not something to stress about

elmoc
July 25th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Voice changes are part of the pros & cons of testosterone. It is inevitable. You might need to be careful as you mature. Trying to hit the high notes with a deepening voice can cause some strain on the vocal cords & that might temporarily effect the quality of your voice on all notes.

I had a few embarrassing experiences, but they were easy to laugh off. I was promoted early in school & ended up as a high school freshman as I turned 13. My speech class was full of 17-18 yr old juniors & seniors. With my first big speech, I was nervous & my voice cracked several times. I just shrugged & said, "puberty!" It became a good hearted class routine. Every time I was speaking & my voice cracked, the entire class would say, "Puberty". Several older guys individually told me not to worry about it. They had all gone through the same thing.

On the other hand, you can choose to look at the positive side of it- you'll be able to reach the deeper notes that weren't possible last year.

Chris298
July 25th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Dude yeah I know the fear of embarrassing cracks and stuff can be kinda upsetting, but the best thing to do is just kinda go with the flow and not try to fight it. I know it can be an adjustment because you are used to hearing yourself and your old voice, but it is a physical change, your vocal chords are getting bigger and that is what causes your voice to get deeper... So yeah, there will be cracks and stuff along the way and it will take getting used to hearing yourself, but it will be worth it in the end.

naenaendr
July 25th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Don't worry about it. Every guy goes through it so you don't really have to be self-conscious about it.

Rguy123
July 25th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Puberty ends at around 18-20 so a while lol

Jeff1857
July 26th, 2017, 01:29 PM
It takes a while. I still crack.

NewLeafsFan
August 4th, 2017, 12:30 AM
I don't know what you mean by not being ready. Are you saying that You're immature for that stage of puberty. You don't really get to decide when puberty happens man, sorry.

cyrilmiranda
August 4th, 2017, 09:54 AM
I was self-conscious about my voice too when I was in that stage. Usually before speaking, I clear my throat to lessen the chance of cracking my voice