PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal

nineteen
July 20th, 2017, 11:02 PM
To feel like so incredibly lonely/alone at times. Like I know I don't have depression cause I don't have any of the symptoms but recently like these huge waves of like loneliness/sadness just hit for like no reason. Whenever they hit I feel like I have no friends or that anyone cares about, sometimes I just wanna cry, & a few times I thought that nobody would care if I died. Like I don't want to die but I feel if I did nobody would give two shits. Like i don't know who to turn to cause some of my friends just couldn't process it, others would probably either over react or say I am, & then I just don't know how to tell my other friend. Like I don't know like if it's normal or whatever or like if it's something else.

Just JT
July 21st, 2017, 09:08 AM
Well, what they say about most any other major disease like cancer or alcoholism is that denial is the first sight. And after that everything you said kinda points to depression. Just my opinion. I was recently diagnoses with it to. I never felt depressed, didn't act depressed. But hey we can hide and deny shit all day long right?

If nodoby to talk to then I'd suggest a counselor or a therapist. They can help with this a lot. You can also talk here to about what's going with you to.

But I think we all go through times like that at times. We could be in groups of friends and with family and feel so disconnected with they you feel like if you exploded into a ball of fire, after the initial shock, they'd all stand around and get warm by your flames and keep talking about the ballgame and the play they missed by you exploding?

Yeah, I feel like that sometimes. Not completely unusual. We all do at some point in time. And sometimes we just like to be alone to.

But if you feel that way like 24/7....that's different

Freckles
July 21st, 2017, 10:49 AM
What you described sounds more like anxiety than depression. I've had that too the last couple years. Feeling like I'm alone, like nobody wants to be around me. I avoid people cause I don't think they want to be with me then they feel like it's me that doesn't like them and then I feel bad for hurting their feelings. I get a bit confused about people. Has there been any trauma recently that could be leading up to this? Mine started shortly after my dad passed away. I definatly would talk to your doctor about it. If there's ways to overcome it there's no need to suffer with it.

Tommy12000
July 23rd, 2017, 01:55 PM
I have waves of anxiety and how you feel is almost the same as me. I found when it gets really bad going for a run helps.

ska8er
July 23rd, 2017, 02:09 PM
Whether it is depression or anxiety or even
nerves I find out that it is best for me to go
somewhere outside for a walk. I love my room
its like my man cave but sometimes if things r
bothering me to the point that I feel the walls
moving in on me I take off. Usually I ride my
quad to let off steam or a walk in the woods. It
is a change of pace and when I get back I feel a
lot better. The anxiety or depression can also b
caused by the high and lows of hormones. It is
normal to feel alone and yeah I think the death
of ur Dad may bring out the feelings u have. If u
feel u cannot handle it-it is best to talk to someone
who might b able to talk things out with u. U r not
alone.

jamie_n5
July 29th, 2017, 08:55 PM
You may have clinical depression. It is very common actually. I think you should see your doctor and tell him what's going on. You may just simply need a med that will keep you on track. Nothing to be ashamed of or worry about.

Niceguy17
August 13th, 2017, 01:33 AM
Although some of these thoughts are normal. You should let your parents know you feel this way. But if you ever feel like talking I'm here. There are so many people that care about you, you just don't realize it.