PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington found dead, cause to be suicide

Periphery
July 20th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Article. (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chester-bennington-linkin-park-singer-dead-at-41-w493387)

Just going to let this speak for itself. All I can say is that my thought go out to to his friends, family and the band. While I may not have been the biggest fan, it can't be denied how much of an impact this band had on the music industry. It's a massive loss for both the fans, and music as a whole. Rest in peace Chester.

Mars
July 20th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Just saw this... RIP <3 It's insane what him and his band have done to change music nowadays, and it's undeniable the impact he's had. Just... RIP

Honestly though, me and my friend were talking about and he said he's surprised that this happened... but I'm really not. It's always those "fuck you" types of guys that get addicted to drugs, addicted to alcohol, were abused as kids, that end up like this and they get even worse when they become famous, and then this shit happens... and everyone is like ??? Why?? What happened?? And it's sad :/

Dalcourt
July 20th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Just saw it on a news site.
I'm kinda shocked. Not so much surprised as how this could happen but still...

RIP Chester

Sublime Demonz
July 20th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Linkin Park was a big part of my childhood. While I might've begun to outgrow their music, the band always held a place in my heart. Hearing that someone has passed away who was part of something you had been so fond of and held meaning in when you were young is always heartbreaking. It's even more heartbreaking that happened like this, though I can't say I'm surprised when things like this happen anymore.

RIP Chester. You will be missed.

Amethyst Rose
July 20th, 2017, 04:13 PM
I was never a huge fan of Linkin Park, but I commend Chester for the contributions he made to music. It's a shame he struggled so much during his life and I hope all family, friends and fans can find strength to cope with this loss. Rest in peace.

Harrier
July 20th, 2017, 06:51 PM
I'm sort of getting pissed off by all the musician and actor suicides. I feel sorry they have/had pain in their lives but we all do. It's such a bad example to make for their (young) fans. My school and area had a lot of suicides lately and it's sorta really getting to me. That said obviously RIP and best to his grieving family and friends and fans.

ShineintheDark
July 21st, 2017, 09:33 AM
I've never really listened to his music but of course this is a great loss for the industry and all of our prayers and thoughts are with the friends and family. Unfortunately, this is yet another case of mental health issues and bottling up negative thoughts that have led to another suicide. The best we can do is strive to improve services and communication with others to try and help people with these issues rather than waiting on the next tragic case.