PDA

View Full Version : Questions about muscle twitches

Davestovies
July 19th, 2017, 02:46 PM
So quite often I get some muscle twitches in my leg and I was wondering what actually causes them. Also I seem to get them quite a lot after masturbating so I was wondering if that has any effect on them occuring

Wallap1010
July 19th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I get these alot aswell, in my legs or biceps, not too sure what it is about tho...

elmoc
July 20th, 2017, 11:04 PM
My research: Muscles can twitch after they have been very active & used their temporary storage of electrolytes, such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, etc. This can happen after a muscle has been tense for a longer time than usual, & can even result in a low level of muscle spasticity.

If you noticed it after masturbation, you may have had one of those leg-locking, toe curling orgasms that we all hope to achieve. :-) In addition, if you have been using your right arm/hand & jerked for a prolonged period, or done some serious rapid stroking, (as we all try at times) it makes sense that you may have deleted electrolytes in your right hand/arm/shoulder/pectorals- it depends on how vigorous you get, lol.

I have an older brother that is an MD, & walked me through this one. He is rarely surprised with the unusual questions I ask. His specialty is adolescent medicine, so my adolescent years have kept him entertained.

Coolteenboy
July 20th, 2017, 11:18 PM
I get them after a heavy workout @ the gym.
Ive been told its becuz of the lactic acid accumulation from breaking down protein in the mussles for fuel.

Freckles
July 21st, 2017, 07:16 PM
My mom is a nurse and says that what you're feeling is nerves as your muscles are relaxing.

jamie_n5
August 14th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I would also say that this is a part of puberty and the fact that your body is growing and developing.

PlasmaHam
August 14th, 2017, 01:41 PM
They are probably due to you locking your legs, resulting in muscle twitches when released.

Davestovies
August 14th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Great! Thanks guys for the responses, really helped me out :D