PDA

View Full Version : Health Concerns for Teens/Women

CollegeGirl818
July 18th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Gynecological Health Concerns

Urinary Tract Infections
A urinary tract infection (UTI) develops in the urethra, bladder and kidneys. If it gets worse and progresses all the way to the kidneys, then a severe illness could occur (and I would recommend seeing your doctor).

Symptoms of a UTI:

frequent need to pee
a burning sensation when peeing
blood or pus in the urine
sometimes low pelvic pain

Why does this occur?

Bacteria enters into the urethral opening is the most common cause of a UTI. For me, this has mostly happened after a result of intercourse and not peeing after sex. Below are some ways to help reduce or eliminate UTIs.

How to prevent a UTI:

Wash hands and genitals before and after sex
use a sex position that will eliminate friction against the urethra
women can use a water-soluble lubricant during intercourse because irritated tissue is more susceptible to infection
Urinate immediately after intercourse
wipe front to back after urinating and bowel movements
urinating as soon as you feel the need to pee reduces infection
drink plenty of liquids (cranberry juice!!), and avoid coffee, tea and alcohol

When you do have a UTI, the most helpful things for me to help speed up the recovery is to drink A LOT of cranberry juice, or the cranberry gummies you can find in the vitamin section at Walmart, CVS, Riteaid, or other stores near you.

Vaginal Infections
This occurs when the natural balance of the vagina is disturbed or when a nonnative organism is introduced into the vagina.
Vaginitis - inflammation of the vaginal walls caused by a variety of vaginal infections

Symptoms of vaginitis:

irritation/itching of the vagina and vulva
redness of the introitus and labia
unusual discharge
sometimes an odor (this can also be from a forgot tampon or diaphragm)

Types of vaginal infections:

yeast infection
bacterial infection
trichomoniasis

Suggestions to help prevent vaginitis:

eat a well-balanced diet
get enough sleep, exercise, and have emotional release
practice good hygiene (bathing regularly, wiping front to back, wearing clean underwear, avoid douching/colored toilet paper/bubble baths/other people's towels, ensuring genitals are clean before and after intercourse)
be sure to use adequate water-based lubrication
use condoms

The Pap Smear
A Pap smear is an essential routine preventive health care for women.
Pap Smear - a screening test for cancer of the cervix.

What happens during a Pap smear?
Cells are taken from the cervix when the vaginal walls are held open with a speculum (a metal device), and a few cells are removed with a cervical brush (looks like a giant q-tip) or a small wooden spatula. The cells are placed on a glass slide and sent to the laboratory to be examined.

What increases the risk of cervical cancer?

having sex at an early age
having multiple sexual partners
smoking tobacco
inhaling secondary smoke
having certain sexually transmitted diseases

When will you get a Pap smear and how often?
Women report having their first Pap smear at age 21, and have subsequent screenings every 3 years until they reach the age of 30. Then they have one every 5 years between the ages of 30 and 65 (this depends on the doctor's recommendation).

Source taken from: Crooks, Robert, and Karla Baur. Our sexuality. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning, 2017. Print.
and my own experience.

angelina
July 18th, 2017, 12:03 PM
it is a good work by you, college girl..we not to google and know all these things.Here it is put it in nut shell..tks

Barbara.
July 18th, 2017, 12:12 PM
it is a good work by you, college girl..we not to google and know all these things.Here it is put it in nut shell..tks
I agree and should be made into a sticky as I find it very informative.

CollegeGirl818
July 18th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Thank you guys, I love that you are finding this informative. Is there anything else you would like to know? I can create other posts for topics if you have some in mind.

Endeavour
July 19th, 2017, 08:37 PM
OP banned. :locked: