PDA

View Full Version : Transgender : Ask Me Anything

Kaeneus
July 16th, 2017, 05:30 PM
In an effort to help create better understanding, satiate your curiosity and maybe find out more about myself, too, I'm creating this topic to try my best to answer any questions you have about trans people and the trans community.

If the question that you ask is out of genuine curiosity and confusion, and not out of malicious wanting to hurt me, then it's very, very unlikely to offend me. I know that sometimes people just don't know things, to the point that they don't even know when they're being unkind, which is kinda the whole point of this.

Basic information on me: I'm recently 18, trans male (I identify as a man and use he/him pronouns) and started hormone treatment very recently (the 14th of July).

So, yeah. Ask me anything.

Flapjack
July 16th, 2017, 05:34 PM
How did your friends and family react to it buddy?? Was they supportive?:)

Just JT
July 16th, 2017, 06:06 PM
How long will the whole treatment take to become a female?

Kaeneus
July 16th, 2017, 06:06 PM
How did your friends and family react to it buddy?? Was they supportive?:)

My friends: all amazing. I was so lucky and I'm so grateful. It took some of them a little while to get used to the new name and pronouns but that also had a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't out entirely at school, so they had to keep it a secret too.

My family: Well, my mom's working on it. She still doesn't think I'm right, but she's not actively trying to keep me from transitioning. My dad doesn't know, neither does my grandma. My twin brother also knows but I never told him, he just kinda figured it out.

How long will the whole treatment take to become a female?

Okay, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking so I'll still answer as best as I can but please tell me if I misunderstood!

If you're asking about trans women transitioning:
I'm not a trans woman, so I know less about this than I know about trans men, obviously. The answer is that it varies. Different trans women choose to transition in different ways, or to different degrees, or skip some parts, or not transition at all. Generally, if you take oestrogen (the hormone that trans women take if they do hormone replacement, kind of the 'opposite' of testosterone, what I'm taking) then most of the physical changes will be complete by the four year mark.

Double posts merged, please use multiquote next time. ~Endeavour

Atlantis
July 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Although I understand you don't mean any harm with this, we only allow ask me anything threads in the diaries/member forums. :locked2: