PDA

View Full Version : Hunger, weight and the male body

tjnfl
July 15th, 2017, 05:06 PM
I'm 17, 5 ft. 11, 144 lb

I'm concerned about me being "always" hungry but remaining quite thin. It worries me that it may stay that way and that there may be an underlying issue that would make it stay that way. I have tested for diabetes, hyperthyroidism and a candida infection but all tests came back ok.

Some background:
I had my growth spurt and my growth seems to have slowed down for the past year.
I was even skinnier before and had minimal physical activity. However, I have started exercising about two months ago.
Over the past year I seem to have lost 4 pounds overall.
Other development: sexual ok, present but little body hair except for pubes and armpit hair
I eat a quite lot (not THAT much, but it does seem like my day revolves around organising what to eat)
I have been eating more than usual for the past ~3 years (more than before anyway), possibly even more since I started exercising

I am stressed about there possibly being something wrong with me and this desire for having a normal male body has been driving me crazy for some time.
Do you know of such cases? Is it normal? Are there any other medical conditions that may be causing this?

Harrier
July 15th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Everything sounds pretty normal tbh. I mean you can always ask a doctor if you want to but most teen boys have very high metabolisms and can eat everything and not gain weight. Your weight sounds fine too imo for your height

ska8er
July 15th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Ur too concerned. As long as ur tests came
back normal I think ur just a normal guy. If
there was something wrong ur doctor would
have caught it and then told u bout it. I'm 17
and weigh 140 pounds and my parents say
that I eat them out of the house but I stay
a healthy weight. Don't worry bout it.

SethfromMI
July 15th, 2017, 08:04 PM
I'm 17, 5 ft. 11, 144 lb

I'm concerned about me being "always" hungry but remaining quite thin. It worries me that it may stay that way and that there may be an underlying issue that would make it stay that way. I have tested for diabetes, hyperthyroidism and a candida infection but all tests came back ok.

Some background:
I had my growth spurt and my growth seems to have slowed down for the past year.
I was even skinnier before and had minimal physical activity. However, I have started exercising about two months ago.
Over the past year I seem to have lost 4 pounds overall.
Other development: sexual ok, present but little body hair except for pubes and armpit hair
I eat a quite lot (not THAT much, but it does seem like my day revolves around organising what to eat)
I have been eating more than usual for the past ~3 years (more than before anyway), possibly even more since I started exercising

I am stressed about there possibly being something wrong with me and this desire for having a normal male body has been driving me crazy for some time.
Do you know of such cases? Is it normal? Are there any other medical conditions that may be causing this?

I mean it sounds like your pretty healthy. if you are concerned you can ask a doctor but honestly, I just think you have a high metabolism. I got one too. I eat tons of crap I shouldn't (I do work out a lot as well haha). enjoy it why you have it

Rguy123
July 15th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I think youre just to worried about what you think you should have. everyone grows at a certain pace

bobsmith1234
July 15th, 2017, 09:33 PM
You are probably fine, if the tests came back ok then its simple. You are ok. Everything is normal

teenboyNathan
July 15th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Being hungary is always common in being a teen as you're growing and as you grow you need more food. Eating a lot while still being thin may just mean you have a fast metabolism. If you have taken tests and nothing came back that causes concern, you're healthy

I'm 15 and about the same in height and weight and I think nothing is wrong so you shouldn't be worried

jamie_n5
July 17th, 2017, 08:46 PM
You are an active growing teen. It is quite normal to chow down a lot at our age. You obviously have a high metabolism rate. Nothing to worry about my friend.

nat2003
July 18th, 2017, 04:59 AM
Im sure its perfectly normal

Hermes
July 18th, 2017, 07:46 AM
You are an active growing teen. It is quite normal to chow down a lot at our age. You obviously have a high metabolism rate. Nothing to worry about my friend.

I think that's the explanation too.

azurzg
July 18th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Is it normal?

Yes, perfectly normal. You're fine. Relax.