PDA

View Full Version : How has puberty changed your appearance?

April03
July 15th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Do you feel a significant change or just a slight change? Has your self esteem boosted a lot or stayed the same? How has the change felt Physically? Emotionally? Mentally?

angelina
July 15th, 2017, 12:49 PM
sure...under changing process.

Beachgirl16
July 15th, 2017, 02:08 PM
I'm done puberty so I can tell you all about me lol. I felt a huge change not only for my physical body but my emotions too. My self esteem boosted a teeny tiny bit but I am more happy in some areas so it's all good. Physically, it was interesting to say the least. My body is more developed (my photos show that lol) and it was weird but cool to see. My emotions were like a rollercoaster and but now that I'm done, I am less emotional than before and during puberty. As for mentally, in still a little girl lol. I am silly alot but I have matured so much. What about you? I would love to hear about what's going on with you.

Anniebanannie
July 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Well, it made me thinner. lol. I'm not skinny now, but I was kind of chubby before I started growing. I think that's the physical change that made the most difference to me. I feel that the world is a lot bigger than it used to be and everything is deeper and more intense. It's mostly good.

April03
July 15th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Looking at myself at 10/11 y/o and now there's a big change. Physically I feel much better, I'm tall for my age and more balanced body than skinny to the bone. Mentally feel stronger. Emotionally it's a rollercoaster occasionally. Embrace being a woman tho :)

EvaNL
July 15th, 2017, 07:09 PM
It's been an emotional rollercoaster for me. Physically it wasn't even that much of a change, apart from the obvious. It was more that I cried for no reason at all, felt bad, the next moment felt awesome, then felt nothing. Weird stuff like that.
But it evened out and I guess I'm pretty balanced now. I'm pretty confident about myself and feel comfortable with being me.

shamrockgirl02
July 20th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Obviously I had the whole enlarged breasts and widened hips changes, and longer legs of course, and all of those changes have greatly increased my confidence. But at first when my legs shot up I wasn't used to moving with them and was gangly and awkward. And I've had the occasional acne breakout we all dread, but for the most part I'd say that the bodily changes I've experienced through puberty have greatly improved my confidence and self esteem

Anniebanannie
July 21st, 2017, 07:20 PM
I have a friend who hates her new body. It's not as easy being athletic now, and she doesn't like the attention (some of it bad) she gets.

angelina
July 22nd, 2017, 10:40 AM
I have a friend who hates her new body. she doesn't like the attention (some of it bad) she gets.
its a nature's magic work on we girls...no question of like or dislike.we are to be proud with what we have..

Anniebanannie
July 22nd, 2017, 05:55 PM
its a nature's magic work on we girls...no question of like or dislike.we are to be proud with what we have..

I guess not everyone feels that way. Look at all the girls with eating disorders. It can be too much change for some girls.

BlackParadePixie
July 22nd, 2017, 10:09 PM
i guess i look more....womanly? I dunno. I certainly haven't gotten much taller.

WhoWhatWhen
July 23rd, 2017, 02:06 AM
I look a lot different, but mentally I feel a lot more mature (and depressed).

bswetakumari91
July 23rd, 2017, 07:17 AM
Yep but most disgusting is the hairy body hairs but i came with a solution for it ....

ThaLG
August 3rd, 2017, 10:52 PM
I have breasts now, I have a curvy figure, I have more prominent genitalia, etc.

But that's all boiler plate. Bottom line is that I am attractive now. I think I look appealing to the opposite sex. It's the overall femininity that is more dramatic than any individual bodily development.

ChloeF
August 4th, 2017, 05:19 AM
l've got tits, hips and a few curves now.
The emotional roller coaster has almost stopped now but there were times it wasn't very pleasant. l'm a lot more self confident now too.

marrisa
August 9th, 2017, 03:48 PM
My body changed so much.When I started at 8 or 9 I got so tall and skinny.Then the boobs came and they looked fake on my skinny body.Men looked at me.It was a stressful and extremely awkward time.I'm done with puberty and feel confident and beautiful.

chirishlassie731
August 10th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I've had the occasional bout of mood swings but for the most part my mood has improved due to puberty. I was short and chubby before, but not I've got huge titties, a nice set of hips , and a perky ass. Yeah some of the horomonal side effects suck ass, I went through a six month period where I had pretty bad acne. But on the plus side, hormones made it easier to work off my stomach fat and now I have abs. Like I said before puberty I was the short chubby girl with glasses, but now I get plenty of attention from both sexes. And I'm still wearing the glasses

LITTLEANGEL16
August 13th, 2017, 08:59 AM
My body changed so much.When I started at 8 or 9 I got so tall and skinny.Then the boobs came and they looked fake on my skinny body.Men looked at me.It was a stressful and extremely awkward time.I'm done with puberty and feel confident and beautiful.
Hiya a couple of my friends went through tha same thing around 10yo their boobs were quite out of proportion to their body size until they were around
14 ish. worst of alll like you they had men perving NOT GOOD.
---
As I did not start puberty until 13 the only difference in looks is I got some boobs but at 32A they are not very obvious. The most I wnto to go to is a "C" cup.

Posts merged, please edit next time. ~Endeavour

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Do you feel a significant change or just a slight change? Has your self esteem boosted a lot or stayed the same? How has the change felt Physically? Emotionally? Mentally?

I like to think i'm more mature now. My self esteem stayed basically the same, probably because i'm almost as short now as I was at the beginning of my puberty

Suzy18
August 19th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I got more curves and my boobs came and because I have luck I have firm boobs now I feel very confident about it. First it felt awkward that your body changed and then you get used to your new body and of course I felt confident because of the attention of boys.

NicoleIsGod
September 19th, 2017, 09:49 PM
I defenitely am not as mature as some girls my age, but I get mistaken for a lot older than I am so.. I guess I look older than I did a few years ago.

hayley2003
September 22nd, 2017, 05:14 PM
i got my first bra at 10 and it about the same time older boys (12-15) started to flirt with me, and i loved the attention. i really didn't make the connection at first, but soon figured out that it was my boobs that they found most interesting. i'd noticed when i didn't were a bra, boys were much more curious and like to peek down my shirt. i just pretended not to notice. i thought it was kinda silly that they obsessed over boobs, especially mine. i think maybe because i am petite, my boobs looked bigger. if i'd been taller, my boobs have seemed much smaller. i was so impressed that older boys wanted to flirt with me...lol

Not here
September 24th, 2017, 04:12 AM
I've had a difficult time, but things are getting better. I'm certainly feeling more confident now than I've been in the last two or three years. I'm mostly content with my body now which is a huge thing. All good.

Miss Ophelia
September 24th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I have boobs and ass and am now quite happy with both and stopped worrying about either. Also feel so much more confident with myself.

Barbara.
September 24th, 2017, 06:22 PM
I like to think i'm more mature now. My self esteem stayed basically the same, probably because i'm almost as short now as I was at the beginning of my puberty
This explains the way I am now. I feel more Confident in myself , I'm taller and feel mature but my body hasn't changed all that much yet.

Anniebanannie
September 24th, 2017, 07:31 PM
I've had a difficult time, but things are getting better. I'm certainly feeling more confident now than I've been in the last two or three years. I'm mostly content with my body now which is a huge thing. All good.

That's great that things have gotten better. What had life been like for you before?

Triple k
October 17th, 2017, 11:36 PM
My body
is just starting to change. I'm not completely flat chested anymore and I'm getting hair in places I've never had it.

sazzzo
October 18th, 2017, 01:56 AM
My body
is just starting to change. I'm not completely flat chested anymore and I'm getting hair in places I've never had it.

Mine is the same. I've definitely got boobs growing but they're not very big yet but just like big bumps. And I've got hair starting to grow but not under my arms yet. My hips will grow later I think.

I'm quite happy it's all started except that periods aren't very nice. But I wish it would hurry up because only having a little bit of pubic hair makes me embarrassed when other girls my age have got more. But I guess the boys have noticed my boobs growing anyway because they never used to look but they do now :confused:

SammiB
October 18th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Bigger boobs and more hair. Think a lot more about sex, but also worry more about my looks and what other people think. I try to more careful about how I make others feel too

JuliaVT
October 27th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Puberty started late for me, but yeah, boobs, hair (pubic +), and period. Emotionally, I think my self-confidence is higher because boys will flirt and I have my first bf. And I think about sex a lot and am super curious.

sara___
October 27th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Well the first thing it's noticeable about my appearance is my chest obviously I've got boobs now. Also I've got curves in the right place . And then of course there's the body hair I hate it

Brigje
October 28th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Mine is the same. I've definitely got boobs growing but they're not very big yet but just like big bumps. And I've got hair starting to grow but not under my arms yet. My hips will grow later I think.

I'm quite happy it's all started except that periods aren't very nice. But I wish it would hurry up because only having a little bit of pubic hair makes me embarrassed when other girls my age have got more. But I guess the boys have noticed my boobs growing anyway because they never used to look but they do now :confused:

The part I highlighted, this can be true but it also can be a "frequency illusion" (also called "red car syndrome")

It’s caused by two psychological processes.
The first, selective attention, kicks in when you’re struck by a new word, thing, or idea; after that, you unconsciously keep an eye out for it, and as a result find it surprisingly often. The second process, confirmation bias, reassures you that each sighting is further proof of your impression that the thing has gained overnight omnipresence.

Anniebanannie
October 28th, 2017, 03:41 PM
The part I highlighted, this can be true but it also can be a "frequency illusion" (also called "red car syndrome")

Itís caused by two psychological processes.
The first, selective attention, kicks in when youíre struck by a new word, thing, or idea; after that, you unconsciously keep an eye out for it, and as a result find it surprisingly often. The second process, confirmation bias, reassures you that each sighting is further proof of your impression that the thing has gained overnight omnipresence.

So what you're saying is that boys might not be staring more, but a girl might be watching more to see if boys are staring?

That's really interesting!

JessicaWilliams
October 29th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Im going through puberty and I've certainly noticed a few changes. Self esteem wise, having boobs and sometimes when you walk past guy and they sneak a glance at you itll boost my self esteem/ confidence a bit i guess? Emotionally I've noticed changes like mood swings, and sometimes just not wanting to talk to anyone at all at times..

kalha123
November 29th, 2017, 12:39 AM
booby and hair