PDA

View Full Version : Bed Size

Romulus_
July 15th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Hello VT community, this has always been a particular question of mine, but does having a smaller bed perhaps inhibit one's growth? From what I've read the answer is no, but it would make sense in my opinion. After all, a goldfish's growth is limited to the size of its bowl: The bigger its bowl, the larger it becomes. And most of your growth happens while you are asleep, so I was wondering if your bed could be a limiting factor? Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?

pjones
July 15th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I don't think there is any correlation

Rguy123
July 15th, 2017, 09:47 AM
I have never heard of this but seems very interesting. I'll come back later and see what everyone else put

mick01
July 15th, 2017, 10:00 AM
I have friends who have outgrown their beds and had to get bigger beds. And as a kid growing up I had to get bigger beds as I grew. SO I don't think your theory is valid.

Orange Kenny
July 15th, 2017, 10:12 AM
It's a fun and interesting theory, but no. That's not how the human body works. I mean, yeah, if you close somebody in a box and lock it up so that he won't be able to move at all, his body will eventually be disfigured according to the available space in the box.

A week ago, I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the part with the "choranaptyxic" Occamy creature caught my attention and I may or may not have made the very same thought like yours.
My answer, though, is that body growth isn't proportionally connected to the size of the bed, or any object we sleep or be on for that matter.

Romulus_
July 15th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the answers! You all make good points, I just thought it was a curious concept haha :P

folej003
July 15th, 2017, 02:03 PM
If this theory was correct you would technically never outgrow your initial crib, good thought but sadly I think the two do not relate.

TWDjacob
July 15th, 2017, 02:49 PM
i don't think it works like that

Harrier
July 15th, 2017, 04:17 PM
A small bed doesn't actually hinder growth. I mean there is no actual things "pulling" on your body. Japanese women wear tiny shoes that keep their feet small. The shoes actually stop growth. If you wrapped your body in a mummy outfit every day maybe your body wouldn't get as large as it could but bed has nothing to do with it.

Romulus_
July 15th, 2017, 09:37 PM
If this theory was correct you would technically never outgrow your initial crib, good thought but sadly I think the two do not relate.
Ah yes, I didn't even think about cribs and stuff. Good point!

jamie_n5
July 17th, 2017, 08:50 PM
You can't compare a human to a fish. I don't think the size of anything stops your body from growing in all aspects. You grow and outgrow many things like clothes, shoes and even beds so I can't see any correlation between size of things and growth.