PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a girl today

Andrew99
July 15th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Hi this is very short notice but I am meeting a girl today in person, in around 6 hours for the first time ever. We've spoke over the internet for a few weeks and have decided to meet up.

Although there's no feelings, we are both into eachother (otherwise I guess we wouldn't be meeting up😂😂) and I've never met up with a girl before so understandably I am nervous.

The plan is to go out for food and then go out for a few drinks afterwards, I'm worried about if here's any unwritten rules I have to follow like pay for her meal/drinks or whatever or do certain things. I don't mind paying for her things but should I be expected to do this? Obviously I would rather not have to spend extra money but I don't know if I should be paying for her or if I should let her pay for herself. I know it's like a 'gentlemans thing to do' but I'm really unsure what to do.

It's the first time I've ever met up with a girl before so I'm sorry if I don't know the 'rules' or whatever.

Obviously since this is happening soon I'd appreciate help ASAP, thanks!

ShineintheDark
July 15th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Shemay expect you to pay but there's no rule saying you have to, especially if it's your first time meeting up and you're yet to set a strong dynamic. For all we know she may want to be independent and pay for her own stuff instead of relying on you.

ska8er
July 15th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Ur not really expected to b anything
but just b urself. It would b gentlemanly
of u to pay for her to start off a first meeting.

Andrew99
July 15th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Ur not really expected to b anything
but just b urself. It would b gentlemanly
of u to pay for her to start off a first meeting.

Obviously I'd rather not pay but if I have to there's no harm in it and I don't mind, there's nothing between us yet but if today goes well then who knows what could happen in the future

Andrew99
July 15th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Shemay expect you to pay but there's no rule saying you have to, especially if it's your first time meeting up and you're yet to set a strong dynamic. For all we know she may want to be independent and pay for her own stuff instead of relying on you.

Thinking about offering to pay first up and see how she takes it, id imagine she won't want me to pay for her and will try to stop me but she might want to show she doesn't have to rely on others' money idk, or she might want to feel spoilt idk

ska8er
July 15th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Obviously I'd rather not pay but if I have to there's no harm in it and I don't mind, there's nothing between us yet but if today goes well then who knows what could happen in the future

I would offer to pay but if she says no-maybe
next time and demands then offer to go half but
I would still offer to pay all.

SethfromMI
July 15th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Thinking about offering to pay first up and see how she takes it, id imagine she won't want me to pay for her and will try to stop me but she might want to show she doesn't have to rely on others' money idk, or she might want to feel spoilt idk

it really is hard to say and it can depend on the people. there are not really any set standards to go on every single time which works for every single couple. who initiated meeting up today, you or her? the gentleman thing to do would be to at least offer to pay. if things start going in a positive direction for you today, you don't want to be known as cheap, even if you technically shouldn't be expected to pay. it is possible she will say she will cover her half. when some girls say this they still want you to pay (they just want to act polite by asking) other times, the girl really does want to pay for her half of the bill.

at the end of the day, it is one meal. unless your going some place where it is going to cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars, it is not going to break the bank. enjoy the time with her and don't let the bill worry you or preoccupy your mind.

Andrew99
July 15th, 2017, 09:10 AM
it really is hard to say and it can depend on the people. there are not really any set standards to go on every single time which works for every single couple. who initiated meeting up today, you or her? the gentleman thing to do would be to at least offer to pay. if things start going in a positive direction for you today, you don't want to be known as cheap, even if you technically shouldn't be expected to pay. it is possible she will say she will cover her half. when some girls say this they still want you to pay (they just want to act polite by asking) other times, the girl really does want to pay for her half of the bill.

at the end of the day, it is one meal. unless your going some place where it is going to cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars, it is not going to break the bank. enjoy the time with her and don't let the bill worry you or preoccupy your mind.

I think I am going to offer to pay for her and she will more than likely say she doesn't want me to, but I'll try to find out by what she says if she is saying it to be polite or if she genuinely does want to pay, Obviously I'd rather not pay but it'll only be a small amount of money so I don't care too much. I can't actually remembered which one of us it was who suggested it so I can't answer that

SethfromMI
July 15th, 2017, 09:46 AM
I think I am going to offer to pay for her and she will more than likely say she doesn't want me to, but I'll try to find out by what she says if she is saying it to be polite or if she genuinely does want to pay, Obviously I'd rather not pay but it'll only be a small amount of money so I don't care too much. I can't actually remembered which one of us it was who suggested it so I can't answer that

so let me ask you this. you don't want to pay, is this a girl you even want to be with? at all? even if your just looking for a hook up with this girl (and hey I been there) it is still proper to offer to pay unless it is established beforehand otherwise. it is not like your two friends just meeting up for a lunch,that would be different. but if you are so reluctant to pay, why even meet this girl?

Rguy123
July 16th, 2017, 02:08 PM
well concidering its been 6+ hours sicne you psoted I'm sure it went well. id dstill like to know tho :)

lliam
July 17th, 2017, 12:54 AM
I first would've talked to her about the stuff that concerns me meeting or dating her.

Chaosphere
July 17th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Hi this is very short notice but I am meeting a girl today in person, in around 6 hours for the first time ever. We've spoke over the internet for a few weeks and have decided to meet up.

Although there's no feelings, we are both into eachother (otherwise I guess we wouldn't be meeting up😂😂) and I've never met up with a girl before so understandably I am nervous.

The plan is to go out for food and then go out for a few drinks afterwards, I'm worried about if here's any unwritten rules I have to follow like pay for her meal/drinks or whatever or do certain things. I don't mind paying for her things but should I be expected to do this? Obviously I would rather not have to spend extra money but I don't know if I should be paying for her or if I should let her pay for herself. I know it's like a 'gentlemans thing to do' but I'm really unsure what to do.

It's the first time I've ever met up with a girl before so I'm sorry if I don't know the 'rules' or whatever.

Obviously since this is happening soon I'd appreciate help ASAP, thanks!
I would at least try to pay for her beverages. My girlfriend refuses to let me, but in your case the gesture and/or the sentiment behind it will probably carry weight. There's no rules except be yourself, respect her, and try to make her feel comfortable and safe. That's the biggest thing for a girl to get closer to you.