PDA

View Full Version : Martin Mars and Grumman Albatross

Two.Cool.
July 14th, 2017, 06:58 PM
SUPER BADASS!!!

Your thoughts?

KatieCO2003
September 3rd, 2017, 02:59 AM
Water bombers are very good things when you need them. I've seen a documentary about the Mars. Very cool.

Falcons_11
September 3rd, 2017, 11:22 PM
Both are awesome flying boats. But my favorite is the Martin JRM Mars. Don't get me wrong, but the Grumman Albatross is a fine seaplane too. I believe only a few Mars were build and only one remains. That one is in the Naval Museum at Pensacola NAS in Florida.

KatieCO2003
September 4th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Both are awesome flying boats. But my favorite is the Martin JRM Mars. Don't get me wrong, but the Grumman Albatross is a fine seaplane too. I believe only a few Mars were build and only one remains. That one is in the Naval Museum at Pensacola NAS in Florida.

They're supposed to get the Phillipine Mars. Hawaii Mars is up for sale. I can't find anything that says its been sold yet.

Falcons_11
September 4th, 2017, 03:48 PM
They're supposed to get the Phillipine Mars. Hawaii Mars is up for sale. I can't find anything that says its been sold yet.

Thanks Katie for setting me straight. I had thought that the "Philippine Mars" was the only remaining Grumman and the "Hawaii Mars" was scrapped. I could not have been more wrong. Thanks again.

KatieCO2003
September 5th, 2017, 10:44 PM
The same company had both of them but stopped actively flying Phillipine a while ago. I'm guessing that Hawaii needs some sort of major overhaul or maybe its just too old or too worn out to keep using as a water bomber.