PDA

View Full Version : how much of what I do is my parents business?

cleancut
July 14th, 2017, 04:04 PM
How much of what you do, or don't do is because of your parents?

I recently read a reply that said that whether or not I have sex is "none of my parents business."

I'm just thinking that to some extent everything I do is part of my parents business. I mean the food I eat, the place I live, the clothes I wear and... are all given to me by my parents.

Even though it is my decision, shouldn't I consider what they think. If I got a girl pregnant I know that it would disappoint my parents.

evansk8
July 14th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Nobody's had the sex talk with me yet. When I lived at mom's I got a fair bit of privacy. Now I share a room with my cousin and there are 4 boys here so everyone seems to know my business. If I was in real trouble though I'd probably go to my uncle first for help.

Vegas2933
July 14th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Well nearly everything is my mum's business because it's just me and her in the house.

I'm bery thorough when it comes to cum cleaning and there's no one to have sex with... :)

bpk1234
July 14th, 2017, 04:27 PM
As much as I feel your pain on this man, as a minor assuming your profile is correct that you are 17 your parents have every right to know what your doing with your life especially if you live in their house. Maybe when it comes to the sex part you can leave out the details but every aspect of your life for the most part is their business when they are legally responsible for you as a minor living in their house.

I mean Im 20 and that rule still applies to a lesser extent though. I do still live with my parents but I do work full-time and pay my bills but I still tell them where Im going as a courtesy.

Flapjack
July 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM
This depends a lot on cultures and age buddy and at the end of the day your parents aren't being nosey for the sake of gossip, they are trying to help and keep you safe. Whether or not you consider your parents opinion is your own business, at 17 I considered myself responsible for myself so didn't care what my parents think. You might be different, it is a personal choice you must make :)

Endeavour
July 14th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Puberty for All :arrow: Family and Friends

ska8er
July 14th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Once u turn 18 ur considered legal age
and u can do whatever u want. If u live
with ur parents then they have the right
to control of what u do or what u say. U
don't get a girl pregnant unless u r able
to support her and ur baby. So I would
say don't disappoint ur parents.

Falcons_11
July 14th, 2017, 07:59 PM
In my house everything I do are my parent business. But they also respect my privacy and trust me. I don't have any problem with their authority over me.

Chaosphere
July 15th, 2017, 12:27 AM
How much of what you do, or don't do is because of your parents?

I recently read a reply that said that whether or not I have sex is "none of my parents business."

I'm just thinking that to some extent everything I do is part of my parents business. I mean the food I eat, the place I live, the clothes I wear and... are all given to me by my parents.

Even though it is my decision, shouldn't I consider what they think. If I got a girl pregnant I know that it would disappoint my parents.
That makes sense. On the other hand, you're maturing. We all during this time of our lives. Sex is a big decision, and it is heavily involved in our evolution as people. It's not your parents' business because it's part of your developing life. That is, your burgeoning independence.
I'm not saying he shouldn't ever follow his parents' advice, just that sometimes the decision isn't theirs. Parents' will always act as if making a decision for themselves, not you. It's how humans are, since ourself is our only frame of reference.
If you're worried about unwanted pregnancies, use protection. Hell, use it even if you weren't. Use it right, and you shouldn't have any problems with parents disappointed in you because of an accidental pregnancy.

Babs
July 15th, 2017, 07:51 PM
in my own personal philosophy, what you do in their house is their business, but what goes on outside is not.

editing this post to elaborate further. obviously it is still their business if you get a bitch pregnant outside their house, so you have to take the responsibility to prevent things that would impact their lives from happening. like, use condoms, or if you're gonna drink be discreet, etc. in summation, just be smart about stupid decisions.

Dalcourt
July 15th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Well since I'm a minor everything is my Dad and my families business. They are the adults, they have the responsibility and the money so yeah.

Of course this doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to make my own decisions. I have my freedoms and privacy.
They can influence what I do but of course not control everything.

Agent X
July 16th, 2017, 01:50 AM
In theory, until you're 18, everything you do is technically your parents' business. However, a normal parent should give you some privacy in your life to prepare you for adulthood. I feel like parents should only pry into their kids business if there is a legitimate threat to your health or safety.

nat2003
July 18th, 2017, 09:53 AM
In my house there is a rule until u stop living with my parents ur under their rules

Davestovies
July 18th, 2017, 04:44 PM
90% of what I do in real life is their business, 10% of what I do on the internet is their business

Harrier
July 18th, 2017, 05:32 PM
I have NO idea. I mean that is the million dollar question! I feel a lot like NONE of it is their business. It's not my fault I am a kid and not an adult. They were a kid once too, so they should understand and remember what it's like to be a kid without privacy and choices. And even THAT is not true about me being a kid. Legally I am 18 but haven't even started my senior year yet cuz my parents held me back a year. So again, not my fault (it's my parents) that if I get in trouble with the law my senior year I will go to jail and my friends will go to juvie. And even after everything I just said, I understand them when they say that as long as I live at home, they are responsible for me. It's tough.

Just JT
July 21st, 2017, 12:08 PM
I think your in that spot where it's like changing for you and it's hard to define some grayness. Yeah, they choose the house, food, all that stuff they provide cause there the parents. But you having sex I think is a private issue. And if you wana share that your sexually active then cool. Share it. Maybe they'll see you as being more mature coming forth with it and including them in your life. You getting older. Almost an adult.

I'd say it's your own personal business. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ask to

Anniebanannie
July 29th, 2017, 12:42 PM
It all depends on the parents, on the kid and the kid's age. Yes, there are the legalities, but aside from that it really depends on what is going on within the family. I guess at best it's a balancing act. The extremes would be jail or freefalling.