PDA

View Full Version : Sex: yes or no

cleancut
July 14th, 2017, 09:25 AM
If you made a list of pro's and con's of having sex what would it be like? Please rate my list, add other's if you want to, and make any comments you want to.

Pro's
agree don't know disagree
I want to.

Please tell me how important you think each of my con reasons are to you.

I don't want to disappoint God.

I don't want to disappoint my parents.

I don't want to disappoint myself.

I don't want to get an STD.

I can not financially support a baby.

I don't want girls to think that I want to be their friend just because I want to have sex.

I can't say I'm one thing with my church friends and not be that when I'm not with them.

SamMystic
July 14th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Pro's
I want to.
then do it, right?

yeah, im an atheist so..

thats cool, but, your sexlife isnt really your parents' business

why dissapoint yourself? You just said you wanted to do it

use. a. condom.

again: use. a. condom.

I don't want girls to think that I want to be their friend just because I want to have sex.
then make that clear to her, they are not deaf to reason

I can't say I'm one thing with my church friends and not be that when I'm not with them.
sorry, i didnt get this one :D

azurzg
July 14th, 2017, 09:46 AM
MY LIST OF PROS
it is the best thing ever

MY LIST OF CONS
none I can think of, if you're a kind/caring/intelligent person

YOUR LIST OF PROS (with my comments)

I want to. agree

YOUR LIST OF CONS (with my comments)

I don't want to disappoint God. disagree
Would God be disappointed if you had sex?!? Where's this coming from?

I don't want to disappoint my parents. disagree
They had you, so they must have had sex. Why would they be disappointed if you had sex?

I don't want to disappoint myself. disagree
I am sorry, I do not understand this one.

Learn about sexually transmitted infections. Keep yourself and your partner healthy.

Learn about pregnancy prevention.

Exactly, you should treat all your fiends with respect and be nice to them... so, don't be a jerk. Be kind and friendly to girls.

I do not understand this. If you're a nice, kind, caring person, your friends should be delighted to have you as a friend.

ska8er
July 14th, 2017, 11:19 AM
How bout-R u ready?

azurzg
July 14th, 2017, 11:26 AM
How bout-R u ready?

Oh, this reminds me... a significant CON is:
Haven't found the right person yet!

Hermes
July 14th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Oh, this reminds me... a significant CON is:
Haven't found the right person yet!

So my suggestion is:

1. Practice putting a condom on.
2. Look for someone you want to have a relationship with. When that relationship gets to the point where sex is the next natural step then go for it knowing you know how to avoid her getting pregnant.

I personally would not chase sex just for the sake of having sex.

Chaosphere
July 14th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Pro's
I want to.
Agree. Adolescence will bring on that urge. It's natural and I personally don't see the point in fighting it past a certain point.

Disagree. He shouldn't have given you lust if he didn't want you to use it (responsibly).

Disagree. Honestly, they should be happy with you making a decision to be responsible with your sexuality, it says much more about your morality than repressing it. This assuming you decide to make them aware, and it isn't their business really.

Don't know. Why would you be disappointed in yourself? It's not like you're betraying yourself, you're embracing a part of your inborn nature.

Agree. It's an awkward conversation to have, but an important one to have with a partner. Protection helps here as well.

Agree. Use protection people.

Agree. I frequently made sure my girlfriend knew I valued and still value her as a person.

Disagree. If they can't accept who you are as an open, friendly, and honest person, they aren't real friends. If someone was hardline religious, it might be different, but I found it easy to live a double life back when I still had to. It was kind of satisfying, they were all so pretentious and repressed. I felt freer.

ShineintheDark
July 15th, 2017, 07:06 AM
I think the best summary I can give of peoples' answers is, if you want to and make sure to stay safe by using protection as well as making it perfectly clear to the girl beforehand that you just want sex, then it'll be ok. If religion is really important to you and the views of God and your church friends have a lot of impact, then maybe you may not be ready for it and that's fine.

Blank_
July 15th, 2017, 08:49 AM
I'm assuming you mean sex outside of marriage.

Pros:
-Feels good
-Could serve to make relationship more intimate
-Doing it for the first time represents a new milestone of maturity

Cons:
-Risk of an unwanted pregnancy
-Risk of transmission of STDs
-A teenage pregnancy could damage one's future, for both the father and the mother

I don't think the pros outweigh the cons imho

Ricky.h
July 15th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Pros:
Feels good
Relieves stress
Great past time
Improves intimacy
Feels really good
Wanted pregnancy

Cons:
Unwanted pregnancy
STD

In summary, sex is good. Be safe and smart about and upfront

Chris298
July 16th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Dude, sex does feel really good and changes your relationship, but it shouldn't be done unless you and your partner are totally ready for it. Since you are needing to kinda make a yes and no list, it shows a lot of maturity but also a lot of uncertainty, and if you are so uncertain than you are probably not ready yet

jamie_n5
July 17th, 2017, 08:42 PM
I don't know how I can take your survey. Each of us are individuals and mature at different rates and times. I feel only you will know when you are physically and mentally ready to engage in sex. Being gay I don't have to worry about the birth control issue but all the rest I have to and have dealt with. I have been sexually active since I was 14 and have dealt very well with it. But that's me and I can't speak for anyone else.

nat2003
July 18th, 2017, 05:22 AM
everyones i sdifferent u should do whatever u want dont ask others

pauly
July 18th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Pros for me: It's something to look forward to one day in the distant future because it will probably be wonderful and far better than masturbating.
Cons for me: I'm far too young, so even though I know what to do and the precautions to take, I'm not developed enough in my body or my mind.

So for me, it would be totally irresponsible. And I can wait till I find the right girl, who would need to be really special.

Bull
July 18th, 2017, 12:31 PM
I waited to engage in intercourse until I was in a committed relationship-we were both 18. The church (Baptist) I grew up in was ultra conservative and my partner (Catholic) found a more accepting group of Christians who embraced us.

Nax32
July 18th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Just do what you think is right. No one here can make thst choice for you. If you aren't sure then you probably should wait; you will know when you're ready.

mattsmith48
July 18th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Pro's
I want to.

That's kinda an important thing.

Disagree: There is no God.

If you do it safely by using condoms and birth control they shouldn't be disappointed.

How would you disappoint yourself?

It's called Condoms

It's called birth control. Condoms are also be very helpful

If they express that feeling, explain to them it is not the case. Some girls may think that anyway, no matter if you are sexually active or not

If they can't accept you for who you are fuck them, You can find better friends

NewLeafsFan
August 4th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Pro's
agree don't know disagree: I want to as well

For me this isn't a big one as I'm not that religious (I am a Catholic)

I'm 18 and my parents do not have their heads in the gutter. They would not be surprised.

Personally, I would have the opposite emotions to that.

Use condoms and know the girl fairly well

Birth control. If the condom breaks their is always the morning after pill.

It's normal to act differently when you're with different people.

orion123
August 4th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Wait and don't get bullied into it.

PinkFloyd
August 4th, 2017, 08:05 PM
I don't want to disappoint God. You're religion is your religion, and I don't want to attack your beliefs. However, this is my point of view: Sins are sins and everyone does them. Ever told a lie? That's just as bad as having pre-marital sex.

I don't want to disappoint my parents. [B]I'm a sex-crazed teenager who does recreational drugs and doesn't show up at home for days at a time. I'm no shining star, so my response to this one isn't reeaalllyyy the best. My advice is to try and stop caring what your parents think. I'm well used to disappointing my parents. It's something I've just grown used to. Also, sex is a natural thing.
Your parents will likely understand that sex isn't the worst thing ever and that you could be worse off.

I don't want to disappoint myself. The best way to not disappoint yourself is to grow more comfortable with sex. When you find the right person, and grow close to them, and want to be physically with them, you will know it's the right choice. Your emotions know best.

I don't want to get an STD. Don't have sex with a random person or someone you don't know well. Get a girlfriend, take things slow, and make sure she's clean. Oh, and wear a condom.

I can not financially support a baby. Oneo f the biggest risks of sex is becoming a father when you don't want to be a father. What I did when I was having sex regularly was I always used a condom, and my gf at the time was on the pill. Doing that didn't eliminate the chance of her getting pregnant altogether, but it did make sex way safer than any other method except for abstaining from sex.

I don't want girls to think that I want to be their friend just because I want to have sex. Sex is a very adult thing. If the people you hang out with find out you are sexually active and assume that you want their friendship only to get in their pants then they aren't mature enough to deal with the subject matter.

In the end, it's your choice. Only you can decide whether or not you want to have sex. If you're having such a hard time deciding whether or not to become sexually active, I'd recommend waiting until you're older to do it. I lost my virginity at 16, and I'm fine with that, but I'm not you. You are you, and you need to make the ultimate decision.

Collins1
August 6th, 2017, 08:02 PM
You know if you're ready, if you're questioning yourself then don't do it!

ALWAYS use protection if you do decide to!!!

I've had sex and i feel that it's so much better when you know you are ready for it and not just doing it because someone wants you too.
Saying that; it is very pleasurable and relieving!

martinpajero
August 7th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Wouldn't know, still a virgin lol (getting a bj is awesome tho)