PDA

View Full Version : physiological change after jerking off

cleancut
July 13th, 2017, 11:42 AM
I want to know what is happening physiologically to make me feel so differently when I finish jerking off.

Before I jerk off I can feel engulfed in a horny feeling I can feel like if I don't jerk off I'll go crazy. What is happening in my body to cause this. It seems to me it is more that just looking forward to something that feels good. Is this something in my blood like testosterone. Is this a neurological response. Is it part of my mid-brain limbic system?

I don't know. But I'd like to.

teenboyNathan
July 13th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I can't give you a scientific answer but it is probably all of the hormones in your body triggering this response

ska8er
July 13th, 2017, 08:19 PM
The high and low of hormones.

Hermes
July 14th, 2017, 06:23 AM
I don't lnow everything but I do have some of the pieces to the jigsaw.

Testosterone definitely acts on the brain to make you feel horny, though it may do so my increasing the level of other chemicals inside the brain. When you ejaculate the hormones oxytocin and prolactin are releases into the blood, along with other hormones, and these two both seem to be responsible for the refractory period, i.e. the period during which you won't get aroused again and therefore these seem to be working against the testosterone.

Prolactin, in particular has been suggested as being responsible for the relaxed, sleepy feeling after cumming which makes jacking off last thing at night before you sleep such a common thing to do and why women complain that when they want to cuddle after sex, their men fall asleep.

What I don't know is how the levels of these hormones change over time after you've cum. The sleepy feeling seems to wear off quite quickly but horniness seems to gradually build up again over several hours. For many substances, in particular many pharmaceuticals, the rate at which they are converted into something inactive, usually by the liver, is not constant but is dependent on the concentration in the blood. That means elimination is faster to begin with and slows down as the level drops and for many pharmaceuticals the rate is quoted as a "half life" i.e. the amount of time taken for the level to halve. So maybe the sleeping feeling needs a much higher level of prolactin that suppression of horniness does or maybe prolactin is metabolised faster than oxytocin.

Just JT
July 14th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Other words, hormones are takin' you for a teenage ride lap!!!

ShineintheDark
July 14th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Hormones basically, how many of the sensations in the body work

Jamiec1130
July 14th, 2017, 07:35 AM
As others have pointed out, it's the hormones working in your body.

elmoc
July 14th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Urologist dad says Hermes has a lot of good points. The testosterone gets you very horny. T level in a 14 yr old can be more than 1500. Normal for a 25-30 yr old male is 650-850. The high T level is also why 12-15 yr olds get erections at any time, place, & for no apparent reason. Your pituitary gland tells your testicles to crank out the T so that your genitals, additional hair, voice changes, etc, keep up with the growth of your entire body.

He also said something about dopamine, norepinephrine & other brain chemicals. (I honestly zoned out at that point). Endorphins, he says, are released as we get more stimulated & closer to orgasm. Then they help you experience the joy of orgasm as well as the peace & contentment we feel after that orgasm.

Chaosphere
July 15th, 2017, 12:14 AM
I want to know what is happening physiologically to make me feel so differently when I finish jerking off.

Before I jerk off I can feel engulfed in a horny feeling I can feel like if I don't jerk off I'll go crazy. What is happening in my body to cause this. It seems to me it is more that just looking forward to something that feels good. Is this something in my blood like testosterone. Is this a neurological response. Is it part of my mid-brain limbic system?

I don't know. But I'd like to.
You're pretty much dead on there. Before orgasm, arousal comes with hormones like adrenaline and testosterone, making you more aggressive and cavalier. After we climax, those hormones start to burn off, partially replaced by dopamine and serotonin, eventually leading to being much more relaxed and sometimes sleepy. Hope that helps.

Vegas2933
July 15th, 2017, 06:15 AM
The high and low of hormones.

This :)

TWDjacob
July 15th, 2017, 02:20 PM
im not here to give a scientific answer but yeah its basically your body producing hormones when you do it and it stops making them when you finish

curiousme
July 19th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Im not sure what it is but it happens to me as well... youll be so so horny and jerk it then when your done and cum its like...why did i even do that like regret or something its a terrible feeling haha

jamie_n5
July 19th, 2017, 05:51 PM
I would say a combination of hormones and a very strong sex drive. It is not unusual for teens to experience what you are going through so don't be worried that something is wrong with you.

Chris298
July 19th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Yeah as soon as I cum I always lose my horniness like pretty immediately. That's why I have never tried my cum, its weird because I want to but when I cum I just don't want to anymore. When I first started jerking off I would feel weird after cumming, almost like an embarrassed or ashamed feeling. I dont get that way any more, more or less I just get kinda chilled out and relaxed

nat2003
July 20th, 2017, 04:01 AM
Maybe hormones?? I dont know

scott2002
July 20th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Before I jerk off I can feel engulfed in a horny feeling I can feel like if I don't jerk off I'll go crazy. What is happening in my body to cause this. It seems to me it is more that just looking forward to something that feels good.
In our biology class last year we had a class that was both funny and embarrassing. The teacher was talking about how "the male of the species" is physiologically designed to try to impregnate as many females as it can, as often as it can, and why it begins producing "an abundance of sperm that it continually wants to release" once it hits puberty. So the "urge to ejaculate" becomes "a dominant urge" in the male.
(One guy then yelled out, "So maybe that's why I can't get dates!")

Hermes
July 20th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Im not sure what it is but it happens to me as well... youll be so so horny and jerk it then when your done and cum its like...why did i even do that like regret or something its a terrible feeling haha

I don't find the after cum feeling terrible, more like relaxed and happy and described by Chris298.

When you first start it does feel like the horniness somehow just takes over your brain and makes you do something the "sensible" you wouldn't but hopefully you get to a point where you realise the horny you is as much a natural part of you as the not horny you, and that being an instinctive reaction to being horny and feeling great are sufficient reasons to masturbate without it needing to serve some higher purpose.

twinbros04
July 20th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Yeah i always feel guilty for some reason but i just slowly rub my penis after and it subsides

MysticMarine
July 22nd, 2017, 08:10 AM
It's normal for me i loose all sexual attraction right after but I'm super horny before hand.