PDA

View Full Version : Crush on friend

ProudThread598
July 11th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I've been friends with this girl since late 6th grade (we're now freshmen) and over the past couple months I've kind of had a crush on her. We're really good friends and I want to tell her I like her without ruining the friendship. How should I do it?

Romulus_
July 11th, 2017, 05:00 PM
If you have the patience, you can ask her to a dance once freshmen year starts and you can tell her how you feel about her there

ska8er
July 11th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Treat her out for pizza or ice cream and
tell her that u been friends for awhile and
u think u have a crush on her. U will know
how she feels after that.

azurzg
July 12th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Just tell her that for you she is perfect, and that even though you very much value her friendship, you think you have to try to bring your relationship to a whole new level.

That should do it. Don't forget the "to me, you are perfect" part.

Orange Kenny
July 12th, 2017, 09:42 AM
You can't have both, man. Turning a friendly relationship into a romantic one means the first one has to die. There's no other way. If she/he says no and you go "oh, alright, let's remain friends then" it'll eventually start gnawing you from the inside and will end up probably worse.

ImCoolBeans
July 12th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I think you should tell her in person. It's not easy to do, but it will show her that you're serious, and I think she will respect that. If you don't tell her you might miss your chance -- I would much rather be the guy who tried than the guy who missed his shot and always wished he had said something.

Chaosphere
July 13th, 2017, 03:12 AM
I've been friends with this girl since late 6th grade (we're now freshmen) and over the past couple months I've kind of had a crush on her. We're really good friends and I want to tell her I like her without ruining the friendship. How should I do it?
Ask her on a date. No seriously, it doesn't have to be romantic at first, just take her somewhere for fun, and see what she thinks afterward. If she's super uncomfortable for some reason, take someone else with you as well, but try to stay away from that because it becomes a more impersonal outing and misses the point. Plus that discomfort may tell you about her likelihood (or lack thereof) to reciprocate your feelings but I digress. Either way, the only way to see if she's willing to date you is to take the first step and build from there. Her reactions when alone with you (I mean at a restaurant or movie theatre etc, you don't have to be completely alone yet) will tell you a lot of information about her feelings. Start at just the other side of platonic, a smidge more intimate, and work from that foundation.