PDA

View Full Version : Deleting posts

Sere
July 11th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Not that there is one in particular but is there a way to delete posts that aren't thread without asking for it to be removed? Ik I can edit and write deleted but can I truly remove the post?

Ty for reading ;)
Hjhj

Leon03
July 11th, 2017, 03:34 AM
As far as I know there is no other way then by the mods to have a thread or post deleted

Living For Love
July 11th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Only members of the staff can delete posts and threads, you'd have to ask one to do it for you.

Just JT
July 14th, 2017, 01:13 AM
Since the topic of deleted posts, I've noticed several of my posts recently were deleted. I've seen this in the past and have asked staff about it. Only to be told they didn't know and who ever deleted them should have said something. But I had like 4 posts deleted yesterday. And nothing was said, no way I can see what posts they were. So if I'm posting something wrong or inappropriate, no way of knowing that.

Any way I can find out what's up with that?

It shows a date and time the posts were deleted, but I'm not sure if that's the date/time of the post or if there deleted.

Thanks

Living For Love
July 14th, 2017, 05:26 AM
Since the topic of deleted posts, I've noticed several of my posts recently were deleted. I've seen this in the past and have asked staff about it. Only to be told they didn't know and who ever deleted them should have said something. But I had like 4 posts deleted yesterday. And nothing was said, no way I can see what posts they were. So if I'm posting something wrong or inappropriate, no way of knowing that.

It shows a date and time the posts were deleted, but I'm not sure if that's the date/time of the post or if there deleted.

Thanks
If you're referring to posts that appear as deleted in the "Mentions" and "Quotes" sections in your profile, chances are someone quoted/mentioned you and then those posts were deleted, by some reason. If we were deleting your posts, we would have PMed you about it. We sometimes also delete whole threads because the OPs are overage, for instance, and all the posts created in that thread get deleted too.

Amethyst Rose
July 14th, 2017, 06:36 AM

Thanks

To add to what Living For Love said, a deleted post quote can also mean that someone quoted you in a consecutive post and when they were merged it shows up as deleted.

Just JT
July 14th, 2017, 06:43 AM
That all, really makes like total and complete sence. Thanks. Not sure why I didn't see that on my own