PDA

View Full Version : Unsure of if I should start

Sere
July 10th, 2017, 11:58 PM
So im Christian and I often think about wether I should go out with someone. Though idk what I really feel like doing anymore since I'm pulled between wanting someone who I can talk to and have fun with or if I should wait til later in high school and if I should or could get together with someone who is not religious or apart of another religion. Does anyone have the same feeling of being torn by this? Have you been with someone who isn't religious yet you are? How did it work out..? :(

zac2004
July 11th, 2017, 06:40 AM
its probably a good idea to go out with someone that shares your beliefs and there no rush to start dating.

ska8er
July 11th, 2017, 07:33 AM
There is no reason y one cant go out
with someone who shares other beliefs
if u really like each other. Finding some
one u r more connected to is better but
if u really like someone this wont matter.
If friends argue- a relationship wont work
out.

SethfromMI
July 11th, 2017, 08:44 AM
well I have seen people of two different religious be in a successful relationship.

that being said, if it started getting really serious down the road, it can sometimes cause a lot of conflicts as well. that is a reality. 2 Corinthians 6:14 speaks of this issue (since you're a Christian, I figured you won't mind if I gave you a Bible verse to help support where I am trying to come from).

again, I have seen a Christian have a successful marriage with a non-believer. I am not saying it is not impossible, but a lot of times, there can be issues and problems which will end up resulting. it is not even about deciding how to spend Sundays, it can be important things like how to raise children (if you ever got that far) and issues one many never think about.

I am not going to say it can't work. but you're a Christian, pray about it. if you truly seek out God's advice, He will give it to you. whether it is the answer you want or not, that is a whole another issue.

ShineintheDark
July 11th, 2017, 09:39 AM
If you're not sure, it's probably betetr to wait until you feel you are. As for dating someone with differenrt beliefs, well, you can't go through life expecting to only be attracted to people who share what you believe. It may very well happen that you end up with a fellow Christian but I urge you to try and look past other beliefs.

Dalcourt
July 11th, 2017, 12:11 PM
I personally don't let my religious beliefs interfere with my dating. I honestly never gave this a real thought.
I would say as long as you are not sure what you want you should wait. Nobody can make this decision for you. I'm sure you will know for yourself when you find the right person what you have to do.

Snowfox
July 11th, 2017, 12:34 PM
For you hjhj and for you SethfromMI I have seen christian man and jewish woman being in relationship Jewish woman actually converted to christianity but all in all she is Jew even if she wants or not.

I have also seen many cases when Protestant and Orthodox are in relationship as well as catholics.

SethfromMI
July 11th, 2017, 02:41 PM
For you hjhj and for you SethfromMI I have seen christian man and jewish woman being in relationship Jewish woman actually converted to christianity but all in all she is Jew even if she wants or not.

I have also seen many cases when Protestant and Orthodox are in relationship as well as catholics.

did you see me say it was impossible? I even say some do it very successfully. I have also seen where it can create problems. just to be fair to what I was trying to convey

Snowfox
July 11th, 2017, 03:03 PM
did you see me say it was impossible? I even say some do it very successfully. I have also seen where it can create problems. just to be fair to what I was trying to convey

I did see you to refer bible and I opened my bible read and that says pretty clear that believer should have nothing to do with non-believers as far as I understand bible correctly (which I sometimes dont understand).

So I took it that way while this obviously wasnt the case

azurzg
July 12th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Religion is a complex topic. Religion and dating even more so.
I am not religious, but if I were in a serious relationship with a religious person, I would be very respectful of their religious beliefs and customs. However, all things being equal, I would probably not choose to start a relationship with an overly religious person.

Chaosphere
July 13th, 2017, 03:04 AM
So im Christian and I often think about wether I should go out with someone. Though idk what I really feel like doing anymore since I'm pulled between wanting someone who I can talk to and have fun with or if I should wait til later in high school and if I should or could get together with someone who is not religious or apart of another religion. Does anyone have the same feeling of being torn by this? Have you been with someone who isn't religious yet you are? How did it work out..? :(
I see it both ways to an extent. If two people really care about each other, and one is religious (or they're religious in different ways) then there really isn't a problem for a while with their relationship. I think eventually though, it will sort of start to wear on you, and the differences could be damaging. This is especially true of a religion which has potential for such rigidity as Christianity. It depends on the people, their thoughts on each other's religion, and ESPECIALLY on how their morality and central beliefs differ.