PDA

View Full Version : Changing clothes when sharing a bedroom

evansk8
July 10th, 2017, 11:27 PM
So I now share a bedroom with my 12 year old cousin Dustin. Before me he shared with his 10 year old bro Nate, who now shares with his older step brother.

Believe it or not this is the first time I've ever shared a bedroom (other than at sleepovers n stuff). The first morning I just took fresh clothes to bathroom with me and changed after showering. Dustin doesn't shower in the morning, so he changes while I'm doing that.

It hasn't really come up yet, but I don't really want to be changing in front of him. I mean showing boxers is one thing, but I feel weird about being naked in front of someone else, even a cousin.

So far he hasn't stripped down in front of me either. I haven't even seen him in his underwear tbh. He has sleep pants, and I just wear my boxers to bed.

So what do people think? Should I keep changing in the bathroom? And if my cousin starts changing in front of me should I look the other way?

Our middle school is a newer one so there are individual stalls to change in for gym. So no awkwardness there.

Sere
July 10th, 2017, 11:38 PM
You can change where you wish, you don't have to see him naked and he doesn't have to see you naked. you can look the other way if you don't feel comfortable, so yes. And the two middle schools I've been in (new and old) have no stalls which in 6th grade was weird at first though after a few weeks it wasnt really that awkward. The grades after that were the same. Unsure about high schools tho

ashdaniel
July 11th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Well if you gonna share the room for a while, do what ever you comfortable with. Changing in front of him is not a big deal.

Leon03
July 11th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Just do whatever you are comfy with.
But I am sure the two of you will get used to the new situation very soon and you will be a lot more relaxed then.
Strange efforts to change in private might then feel more awkward then just turning away and dropping your underwear with him present.
I think a good start would be to just tell him that you are insecure about it and see what his opinion was.

Just JT
July 11th, 2017, 04:47 AM
You could bring up the topic and talk about it with him, kinda make some "house rules" for privacy in the bedroom kinda thing. Or just keep doing what you been doing

ska8er
July 11th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Do whatever ur comfortable with. This is
new to u now sharing a room. U got to
expect that the two of u r sharing one
place with all the stuff that goes along
with it including changing. As time goes
by u will get used to it and then it wouldn't
matter.

SethfromMI
July 11th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Talk with him, but honestly, it shouldn't be an issue to be naked while changing in your own room. I can understand if he doesn't want you to hang out naked (not saying you would even want to) but your both guys right about the same age. you guys got the same equipment. your both family.

I know you're in sort of a precarious situation right now and are not trying to rock the boat. if he really has a problem, I guess take off your underwear in the bathroom or something. if he has a problem with underwear, he just has to really get over it. I guess you could try just changing in there one day and see if he says anything. chances are, if you don't make it a big deal, he won't either. it is something most guys get used to pretty quickly.

azurzg
July 11th, 2017, 09:11 AM
You are two boys sharing the same room. You will have to discuss things and agree on what goes and what doesn't.

Alex_Swim
July 11th, 2017, 09:28 AM
You guys are gona need to work it out... There is more future stuff comming if you share a room, bathroom etc.

Once School Starts computation for bathroom time is going to go to the Max, Four Guys sharing one bathroom, may not allow you the "extra" time in there after your shower, It might be shower grab towell go to room to dry, change, as next guy, Your oldest Cuz, your younger cuz, or 10yo need to get into shower and use the bathroom.

Is Dustin going into 6th or 7th? you? If Dustin is just getting into middle school, he probobly has not been in locker room (even with private changing room) changing and showering with other guys yet.

There are also times when you/him will want private time in your shared room to play. And few years from now, you might want to have your GF in there alone. You need to work out Play TIme now, GF time when that time comes.

Kyle37
July 11th, 2017, 10:52 AM
If you spend a lot of time sharing the room together you'll probably end up being a lot more comfortable about these things and you won't even have a second thought about changing in your room.

folej003
July 11th, 2017, 11:06 AM
I know your not used to it yet but give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure you won't even think twice about it. Your family and in your room getting changed so it's not a big deal. As you get older you'll be doing things worse than just getting changed with him there so you may aswell just get on with it. It's not like he's going to stare at you getting changed and vise versa

Chaosphere
July 13th, 2017, 02:54 AM
It just depends on how your schedule works. In all likelihood, you'll become comfortable naked around each other for the sheer convenience of it. Your swapping system, while inventive, may or may not hold up under the stress of schedules changing. It may be awkward, but if you both are okay with it or become that way, it'll probably be much easier to normalize nakedness between you two.

Vegas2933
July 15th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Do whatever makes you happy! If you're not happy with your current schedule, just bare it all infront of him and see how he reacts. But if that doesn't work, stick to what you're doing now.

April03
July 15th, 2017, 10:01 AM
If your body is clean it's fine.

Harrier
July 15th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Is this a long term situation? I am sure I could change ninja style without anybody seeing me naked for 2 weeks. Maybe even a month. But no way would I WANT to live like this! I feel like it's MY room so I shouldn't be burdened by other people's reactions. That doesn't mean that you have to put your privates 2 inches from the other persons eyeballs lol. My lil bro and I shared a room a few years ago. He was 1Oish and I was 15ish. We changed in front of each other fine. There was some privacy on both of our parts due to our age I think. A lot of changing with our backs and butts to the other person. But sometimes it was more out in the open. Now that I am 18 and he's almost 14 we have our own rooms and we skinnydip naked with our friends and sisters and don't even think about it lol

pconnor
July 15th, 2017, 08:55 PM
You will get used to changing and being naked with all your cousins and uncle.

evansk8
July 15th, 2017, 11:55 PM
Thanks for all the reps everyone. It's not getting any easier, but I'm trying to keep all your ideas in mind. I may be here for a long time so will have to figure it out.

pjones
July 16th, 2017, 11:40 AM
i really don't think you guys running to the bathroom or waiting to be alone just to change your clothes is very convenient. also not suggesting you parade around nude either, but how long does it really take to change? turn your back if you're shy and just change. at some point in your life you're going to have to either change clothes or god forbid shower nude with other boys

Harrier
July 16th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all the reps everyone. It's not getting any easier, but I'm trying to keep all your ideas in mind. I may be here for a long time so will have to figure it out.

Why isn't it easier? Are you the one who is uncomfortable or is it your cousin? You two haven't discussed the situation I am betting, or have you?

SeansLittleBro
July 16th, 2017, 06:15 PM
I agree with most posters that have told you to do what you're comfortable with. I've NEVER not shared a room as my brother and I have shared one since birth so really have never been in your situation but there will come a time that one or the other of you will see things even by mistake. Don't get overly concerned as you are family, boys and all that others have said and things will eventually work out. Each of you will need your private time since you both are entering puberty and that is when you will need to discuss this. Just go with the flow and be comfortable no matter what you do.

SethfromMI
July 16th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Why isn't it easier? Are you the one who is uncomfortable or is it your cousin? You two haven't discussed the situation I am betting, or have you?

for some people it is a big deal. it is a big deal for some adults. they just never get comfortable with changing around other people. I understand where your coming form. you don't have a problem changing around people regardless really of who they are, I am the same way. but I do understand why two younger guys, both going or beginning through puberty, maybe who haven;t had to do it as much, where it could be a big deal.

Evan it is a discussion which you should have. it really isn't a big deal. your family so it is not like your attracted to each other. just talk about how it is easier to get dressed in your own room, because it is.I understand if you guys don't want to hang around naked, I wouldn't with my cousins personally either. underwear shouldn't really be a problem, but even that stuff is something you guys should talk about. both you and your cousin will see it is really not that big of a deal and you will get used to it so quickly, you won't end up thinking twice about it.

Just JT
July 16th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Have you guys talked about it?
Who's got the issue with what?
You?
Him?

NoName2001
July 16th, 2017, 10:54 PM
So I now share a bedroom with my 12 year old cousin Dustin. Before me he shared with his 10 year old bro Nate, who now shares with his older step brother.

Believe it or not this is the first time I've ever shared a bedroom (other than at sleepovers n stuff). The first morning I just took fresh clothes to bathroom with me and changed after showering. Dustin doesn't shower in the morning, so he changes while I'm doing that.

It hasn't really come up yet, but I don't really want to be changing in front of him. I mean showing boxers is one thing, but I feel weird about being naked in front of someone else, even a cousin.

So far he hasn't stripped down in front of me either. I haven't even seen him in his underwear tbh. He has sleep pants, and I just wear my boxers to bed.

So what do people think? Should I keep changing in the bathroom? And if my cousin starts changing in front of me should I look the other way?

Our middle school is a newer one so there are individual stalls to change in for gym. So no awkwardness there.

Honestly, i don't think it would be an issue, you should try changing your underwear in front of him and see how he reacts. you never know, he may only be shy because you are acting shy

Harrier
July 17th, 2017, 01:39 PM
for some people it is a big deal. it is a big deal for some adults. they just never get comfortable with changing around other people. I understand where your coming form. you don't have a problem changing around people regardless really of who they are, I am the same way. but I do understand why two younger guys, both going or beginning through puberty, maybe who haven;t had to do it as much, where it could be a big deal.

Evan it is a discussion which you should have. it really isn't a big deal. your family so it is not like your attracted to each other. just talk about how it is easier to get dressed in your own room, because it is.I understand if you guys don't want to hang around naked, I wouldn't with my cousins personally either. underwear shouldn't really be a problem, but even that stuff is something you guys should talk about. both you and your cousin will see it is really not that big of a deal and you will get used to it so quickly, you won't end up thinking twice about it.

Ya I know for some it is a big deal. (Even for me there was a tiny time in my life where it was a bigger deal then it is now). I was just thinking that even for those who it IS a big deal, that time would make it easier, at least a little easier.

evansk8
July 17th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Hi guys - thanks for all the replies. So I did get the guts to talk to Dustin about it. He is only slightly younger than me, but seems way less mature. He said there's no way he'd ever want to change in front of me, or to see me change in front of him. I'm getting fed up with the whole thing so I've been changing in the room (leaving underwear on). He gave me a look, and I said it's only boxers man! Not like I'm wearing a g-string or something. I have my suspicions that my cousin still wears tighty whities like his younger brother, and that's why he's reluctant to be seen in his underwear. I still have a few pairs from when my mom bought my underwear, so I was thinking I could switch back to them temporarily to make my cousin feel more comfortable. Either that, or I need to take him shopping for some more age appropriate underwear. What mom's pick isn't always the best.

SethfromMI
July 17th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Hi guys - thanks for all the replies. So I did get the guts to talk to Dustin about it. He is only slightly younger than me, but seems way less mature. He said there's no way he'd ever want to change in front of me, or to see me change in front of him. I'm getting fed up with the whole thing so I've been changing in the room (leaving underwear on). He gave me a look, and I said it's only boxers man! Not like I'm wearing a g-string or something. I have my suspicions that my cousin still wears tighty whities like his younger brother, and that's why he's reluctant to be seen in his underwear. I still have a few pairs from when my mom bought my underwear, so I was thinking I could switch back to them temporarily to make my cousin feel more comfortable. Either that, or I need to take him shopping for some more age appropriate underwear. What mom's pick isn't always the best.

that would be a nice gesture to show him it doesn't bother you to be seen in white briefs. to be honest, some people wear briefs as their underwear of choice (while I wear mainly boxer briefs and trunks, I do own a few pairs of briefs, one of them is white, which I wear and plenty of people have seen me in). even showing and telling him there is nothing wrong with that would be possibly an even better idea. the fact is some kids of that age have hangups about people even in underwear. they shouldn't but do. I wouldn't let that stop you from sleeping in your underwear though, unless your uncle or aunt said something (then you kind of have to respect their wishes). you could buy him other underwear with your money if you want to, but that's up to you.

at least you tried talking to him. he is just not as mature when it comes to these things yet. I guess for right now maybe at least put on new underwear in the bathroom, but honestly, anymore than that is ridiculous. at some point he needs to get over it.

I guess you could talk to your uncle about this, but I am not sure how he would react. ideally he would understand as a guy, but maybe it is your uncle where your cousin gets his issues about underwear and nudity from.

NoName2001
July 17th, 2017, 10:04 PM

You make a good point about briefs! i wear them and so so bros. Try wearing yours to show you don't care if he wears them, and then try changing naked in front o f him

red04
July 17th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Do what you are doing if you are staying for a longntime things may change just dont rush because what you are soing is fine if you must just dont look or talk about it also things may change as he gets older and starts pubety if he annoys you just do what you are doing until he says something

evansk8
July 17th, 2017, 10:08 PM
that would be a nice gesture to show him it doesn't bother you to be seen in white briefs. to be honest, some people wear briefs as their underwear of choice (while I wear mainly boxer briefs and trunks, I do own a few pairs of briefs, one of them is white, which I wear and plenty of people have seen me in). even showing and telling him there is nothing wrong with that would be possibly an even better idea. the fact is some kids of that age have hangups about people even in underwear. they shouldn't but do. I wouldn't let that stop you from sleeping in your underwear though, unless your uncle or aunt said something (then you kind of have to respect their wishes). you could buy him other underwear with your money if you want to, but that's up to you.

at least you tried talking to him. he is just not as mature when it comes to these things yet. I guess for right now maybe at least put on new underwear in the bathroom, but honestly, anymore than that is ridiculous. at some point he needs to get over it.

I guess you could talk to your uncle about this, but I am not sure how he would react. ideally he would understand as a guy, but maybe it is your uncle where your cousin gets his issues about underwear and nudity from.

Thanks Seth! I'll sport a pair of my old briefs tomorrow. And see if that changes anything for Dustin. Honestly I don't mind wearing them, but I almost never do because everyone else my age wears boxers or variations. Dustin is kind of a funny kid. I mean I like him, but he's a bit clueless when it comes to common sense stuff. I'll see how he reacts to seeing me and then maybe talk with him again about his feelings on the matter. And I agree, I'm not going to bring this up with my uncle. It's really a minor issue at this point and i don't want to make a big deal about it.

SethfromMI
July 17th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Thanks Seth! I'll sport a pair of my old briefs tomorrow. And see if that changes anything for Dustin. Honestly I don't mind wearing them, but I almost never do because everyone else my age wears boxers or variations. Dustin is kind of a funny kid. I mean I like him, but he's a bit clueless when it comes to common sense stuff. I'll see how he reacts to seeing me and then maybe talk with him again about his feelings on the matter. And I agree, I'm not going to bring this up with my uncle. It's really a minor issue at this point and i don't want to make a big deal about it.

no problem Evan!:D you're doing a great job on how your handling this. I know it is not an easy situation for you, but your doing a good job at making the best out of it. hope everything goes well tomorrow!

nat2003
July 18th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Juts change back to him and see how reacts this way u arents showing ur penis and its only ur butt

Harrier
July 18th, 2017, 03:06 PM

You have WAY more patience that I have! HE is the one with the problem, not you! YOU have done NOTHING wrong! You have even been smart and mature enough to talk to him about it! And now you are willing to do what you don't have to do and wear underwear that aren't your top choice. Good for you! Like I said, I would handle it way different. But your way may work.

Vegas2933
July 18th, 2017, 04:27 PM
You have WAY more patience that I have! HE is the one with the problem, not you! YOU have done NOTHING wrong! You have even been smart and mature enough to talk to him about it! And now you are willing to do what you don't have to do and wear underwear that aren't your top choice. Good for you! Like I said, I would handle it way different. But your way may work.

Preach. I would have said the same thing if Harrier hadn't beat me to it. Your plans are good. Hope they go well! :)

evansk8
July 19th, 2017, 12:05 AM
So I impressed my cuz Dustin today by having a pair of my briefs on when I came back from showering. He finally confessed to me he was embarrassed to change in front of me because he thought I'd make fun of his underwear. Said he has to be careful at school too cause he's been teased in the past (I was too, and that's what prompted me to switch to boxers). Ive been trying to convince him to tell his mom he needs to upgrade in the underwear department. But its not a subject he wants to bring up I guess. But today, for the first time, we both changed our clothes (not underwear) in the bedroom! Progress I think.

NoName2001
July 19th, 2017, 12:09 AM
So I impressed my cuz Dustin today by having a pair of my briefs on when I came back from showering. He finally confessed to me he was embarrassed to change in front of me because he thought I'd make fun of his underwear. Said he has to be careful at school too cause he's been teased in the past (I was too, and that's what prompted me to switch to boxers). Ive been trying to convince him to tell his mom he needs to upgrade in the underwear department. But its not a subject he wants to bring up I guess. But today, for the first time, we both changed our clothes (not underwear) in the bedroom! Progress I think.

Thats so cool! you guys shouldn't worry so much about being made fun of for briefs. me and my lil and big bros wear briefs all the time. sometimes there are comments but tell him to wear what he likes, no need to upgrade.
what did he say when he saw you in briefs? you guys gonna try changing naked now?

evansk8
July 19th, 2017, 12:18 AM
Thats so cool! you guys shouldn't worry so much about being made fun of for briefs. me and my lil and big bros wear briefs all the time. sometimes there are comments but tell him to wear what he likes, no need to upgrade.
what did he say when he saw you in briefs? you guys gonna try changing naked now?

I don't like being made fun of, or teased. So when schools back I honestly can't see myself wearing briefs. But having them on all day reminded me they aren't so bad, and its like being polite to the cuz so guess it works. When he saw me come in in briefs he was like "whoa you wear underwear". Apparently boxers aren't really underwear to him or whatever. IMO Dustin's such a mommas boy. I won't pressure him at all, as my situation is not so stable right now. I just want to fit in here and hopefully stay. Either that or go back to my mom and the wicked boyfriend. Long story.

Vegas2933
July 19th, 2017, 02:59 AM

That's definatly progress! :)

Alex_Swim
July 19th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Evan, I would also suggest you give Dustin a pair or two of your boxer or boxerbriefs before he starts middle school, He will need to change for PE.

(Is this the same middle you went to last year?)

What does your Older Cuz have on? Boxer/BoxerBriefs ? or Briefs? He maybe be able to tell his little bro that he will be made fun of if he is in white briefs in middle school.

SethfromMI
July 19th, 2017, 10:06 AM
good for you Evan I am happy to see the progress which was made!

Harrier
July 19th, 2017, 12:56 PM

Hey whatever works!!! It's true that you have to be a chameleon in life. What I mean is with some people you have to treat them like little kids, very vulnerable, easily pissed off, easily hurt, treat them with gloves. And with others you can tell them the brutal truth and almost nothing will hurt them. Sounds like you handled it well. That said, your cousin has a lot of growing up to do in the next 4 years or so or he will get eaten and spitten out when he finishes high school and enters the real world. I mean it's JUST underwear!!! But for the time being, he feels better and you have a better relationship it sounds. So good.

evansk8
July 19th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Evan, I would also suggest you give Dustin a pair or two of your boxer or boxerbriefs before he starts middle school, He will need to change for PE.

(Is this the same middle you went to last year?)

What does your Older Cuz have on? Boxer/BoxerBriefs ? or Briefs? He maybe be able to tell his little bro that he will be made fun of if he is in white briefs in middle school.

I'm not giving Dustin any of my good underwear! Since I moved here my clothes budget is cut until my uncle can work something out with my mom.

Dustin will go to a different school, and so will I if I keep living here. Not sure what the kids are like there. Its a smaller school and town.

Older cuz wears boxers and boxer briefs like me. But he is a newish step brother to my cousins, and arrived with his own stuff like me.

Was a nice day at the lake today! Though I had to keep my swim trunks high and underwear waistband hidden. The more I'm with Dustin I notice he acts like such a little boy. He's whiny and also talks too much abut stupid stuff. Brett, my oldest cuz wanted wanted nothing to do with us from when we arrived until we left.

NoName2001
July 19th, 2017, 06:24 PM
You don't need to give him any underwear. just let him know that it's ok that he wears briefs. ask him if he likes them and if he thinks they are comfortable. if he says yes, don't pressure him to change himself for others. you seemed to do a really good job working this out with him. must be nice being able to change in your room without him getting annoyed.
Have you given any thought to being able to change underwear in your room too? would you ever try to do that with him? are you trying to wear your briefs more around him now?

evansk8
July 19th, 2017, 06:38 PM
You don't need to give him any underwear. just let him know that it's ok that he wears briefs. ask him if he likes them and if he thinks they are comfortable. if he says yes, don't pressure him to change himself for others. you seemed to do a really good job working this out with him. must be nice being able to change in your room without him getting annoyed.
Have you given any thought to being able to change underwear in your room too? would you ever try to do that with him? are you trying to wear your briefs more around him now?

He says he likes tws but I think he's just to afraid to ask for different underwear. Having a new stepmom prob doesn't help and his real mom is in the hospital. We made a deal that we will both wear em for the summer so he doesn't feel different or lesser. He gave me an unopened pack of hanes he had so i got plenty now. Haven't changed underwear in front of him yet but I think I'll try that. I think as long as were facing away from each other its no biggie.

NoName2001
July 19th, 2017, 08:41 PM
He says he likes tws but I think he's just to afraid to ask for different underwear. Having a new stepmom prob doesn't help and his real mom is in the hospital. We made a deal that we will both wear em for the summer so he doesn't feel different or lesser. He gave me an unopened pack of hanes he had so i got plenty now. Haven't changed underwear in front of him yet but I think I'll try that. I think as long as were facing away from each other its no biggie.

Thats cool he gave you some of his extras, what a nice guy! give it a shot with the underwear changing tonight. he may be ok with it since it seems you guys are getting real close now.

pconnor
July 21st, 2017, 09:53 PM
We still wear briefs and so does almost whole class.

elmoc
July 21st, 2017, 11:16 PM
Your current arrangement seems to be comfortable for both of you. He is probably just shy as you feel about it. After a few months, you might feel a bit more comfortable with undressing.

I would not talk to him about it unless it becomes a problem.

bojack
July 22nd, 2017, 05:19 PM
Wow, this thread actually seemed like it helped a lot lol.

About him seeming immature and like a kid: a lot of people just develop at a different pace, and don't really grow up until a bit later. as annoying as it may seem, there's really no solution to it that i can think of

red04
July 22nd, 2017, 08:50 PM
You can try to become close with him then he may allow you to change and you could tell him what he should do like be more mature or wear boxers

Jeff1857
July 26th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Well don't tell him what to wear. Some dudes like briefs more than boxers (I do) but he should respect your space. That being said you are both guys and as you get older more and more situations (Dorms, gym showers ext) are going to come up so you should get use to changing and being naked in front of other guys.

evansk8
July 28th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Well don't tell him what to wear. Some dudes like briefs more than boxers (I do) but he should respect your space. That being said you are both guys and as you get older more and more situations (Dorms, gym showers ext) are going to come up so you should get use to changing and being naked in front of other guys.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm getting used to briefs again and just fitting in. And Dustin is acting more open toward me and we've both changing in the room. I usually just turn away, drop em and step into the new ones. We both just sleep in our underwear. The only time I got embarrassed was when my aunt came in to put laundry away, and I was just pulling them up. I mean she could have knocked first!

NoName2001
July 28th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm getting used to briefs again and just fitting in. And Dustin is acting more open toward me and we've both changing in the room. I usually just turn away, drop em and step into the new ones. We both just sleep in our underwear. The only time I got embarrassed was when my aunt came in to put laundry away, and I was just pulling them up. I mean she could have knocked first!

Thats cool that everything is working out for you guys! Does Dustin turn away when he changes his too? I know you said that people make fun of tighty whities and it is sometimes the same here. But I have noticed that people don't get made fun of if they are wearing briefs that are colored, like any color other then white.
Did your aunt see anything? or say anything? I know how that is, my mom is the same way and just walks right in when I am changing all the time

evansk8
July 29th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Yes Dustin turns away. And trys to be behind his dresser a bit. We don't have any colored briefs. They're all just white. My aunt saw me in my undies but she just smiled and didn't say anything. It was still kinda embarrassing though.

Thats cool that everything is working out for you guys! Does Dustin turn away when he changes his too? I know you said that people make fun of tighty whities and it is sometimes the same here. But I have noticed that people don't get made fun of if they are wearing briefs that are colored, like any color other then white.
Did your aunt see anything? or say anything? I know how that is, my mom is the same way and just walks right in when I am changing all the time

SethfromMI
July 29th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Yes Dustin turns away. And trys to be behind his dresser a bit. We don't have any colored briefs. They're all just white. My aunt saw me in my undies but she just smiled and didn't say anything. It was still kinda embarrassing though.

well it is nothing she has never seen before. she doesn't care. and good to see the changing situation has worked out for you.

scott2002
July 30th, 2017, 09:56 AM
...I don't really want to be changing in front of him. I mean showing boxers is one thing, but I feel weird about being naked in front of someone else, even a cousin.
So far he hasn't stripped down in front of me either.
Lots of good comments here. But seems to me that you have some body-image embarrassment issues here and I think that's something you need to think about. Changing and being totally naked in his presence should be no big deal. Might it be because you being older might be bigger and more developed than him?
Here's what I'd do. I'd get in the room with him and strip naked and tell him to strip naked too. The look at each other and say, "There. We've seen each other naked. It's no big deal, right? So let's not go crazy trying not to let each other see each other with no clothes on anymore, okay?"

Just JT
July 30th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Lots of good comments here. But seems to me that you have some body-image embarrassment issues here and I think that's something you need to think about. Changing and being totally naked in his presence should be no big deal. Might it be because you being older might be bigger and more developed than him?
Here's what I'd do. I'd get in the room with him and strip naked and tell him to strip naked too. The look at each other and say, "There. We've seen each other naked. It's no big deal, right? So let's not go crazy trying not to let each other see each other with no clothes on anymore, okay?"

You had me till that last part. Not sure I'd do that, could be interpreted in so many ways. Most not good.

Just do what you feel most comfortable doing is all. No pressure no stress. If one of you happens to walk in while the other is changing, just continue changing like it's no big deal. Cause it isn't. It's lust a part of growing up

scott2002
July 30th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Just do what you feel most comfortable doing is all. No pressure no stress. If one of you happens to walk in while the other is changing, just continue changing like it's no big deal. Cause it isn't. It's lust a part of growing up
JT, that's really what I was trying to say. That they both need to look at it as no big deal. I was not implying anything more, other than doing something (stripping naked) to force the issue. You might not agree, and you might be right. But I just want them to be able to get this embarrassment issue behind them, like I had to do in 7th grade because we were given no choice but to strip naked and shower together after PE class three days a week. (By the second week it was no longer any big deal.)

NoName2001
July 30th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Yeah, scott makes a good point. instead of always turning your back to him just go ahead and change briefs and not make a deal out of it. you don't have to draw attention to the fact that you are naked, just do it and act totally natural. maybe by seeing that you don't care about being naked he will relax about it, just like he did when you walked in and had briefs on.

Just JT
July 30th, 2017, 04:36 PM
JT, that's really what I was trying to say. That they both need to look at it as no big deal. I was not implying anything more, other than doing something (stripping naked) to force the issue. You might not agree, and you might be right. But I just want them to be able to get this embarrassment issue behind them, like I had to do in 7th grade because we were given no choice but to strip naked and shower together after PE class three days a week. (By the second week it was no longer any big deal.)

I agree with you as far as your kinda forced to in school and whatever. But to take a 12 year old into a room, strip, and tell him to do the same, idk, seems a bit over the top.

But like I said, if it happens naturally, then so be it. If you force it, you don't know what the reaction will be. For every action there is a reaction. For every force, there is a counter force.

Yeah, scott makes a good point. instead of always turning your back to him just go ahead and change briefs and not make a deal out of it. you don't have to draw attention to the fact that you are naked, just do it and act totally natural. maybe by seeing that you don't care about being naked he will relax about it, just like he did when you walked in and had briefs on.

He can do that, if he chooses. But that's not what he was suggesting.
What I'm suggesting is just let things lie as they are and let things resolve themselves naturally. It'll happen. I've never known 2 brothers or whatever to share a room, and not at some point in time be nude in the room while changing, or whatever. It's a big change for the whole family. I say don't push it. Might be misinterpreted If forced as was how was explained. May not as well. But do you want that label?

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 12:42 AM
Im 18 now but when i was 13 i was a lot more awkward about nudity. Assuming that this is a perminant arrangement i would suggest you have a talk with Dustin about boundaries. Abd tbh it seems silly for you to run to the other room every time you want to change.

evansk8
August 1st, 2017, 09:15 AM
Thanks everyone it is a lot better now. We both change in the room but are careful about the timing of it. Both seen each other in underwear and Dustin seems to be "over" that now that I wear the same as him and my youngest cousin. But we're not having to go off to the bathroom to change, nor do I have to remember to bring new clothes for after a shower. Oh and my Aunt has been nicer too, last time she knocked before coming in to our bedroom. Guess she noticed my startled reaction last time!