PDA

View Full Version : Punishments

bobbybaseball
July 10th, 2017, 01:11 PM
How do you get punished and for what stuff? I usually get grounded but still get spankings sometimes.

Just JT
July 10th, 2017, 02:55 PM
For me it depends on what I did. My adoptive parents have never hit me in any way. My birth parents is a different story. But usually some kinda restrictions like maybe I'm grounded or I can't do some thing I like to do or place I like to go. Couple time I got what they call natural consequences. Which is when I do something, and the result itself has negative consequences on me. And that seems to be punishment enough. Which I think are usually worse

Leon03
July 10th, 2017, 06:09 PM
My brothers and I never got spankings but as JT already said "bad looks" which are more effective than anything else. Still now my dad looks at me with this disappointed impression on his face. Works more than anything else to have me know that I did wrong.

Dmaxd123
July 10th, 2017, 06:39 PM
i know when i was younger i got spanked

my mother will sometimes also just grab the back of my neck or my ear just as a "listen up" or "follow me" lol not abusive just an uncomfortable "oops on my part"

then it's the standard restrictions from doing something as well as generally more chores

ska8er
July 10th, 2017, 08:51 PM
I get extra chores around the house. I have
the "ur driving privileges will b revoked"
hanging over my head if I'm bad. So far I
have a halo.

Just JT
July 10th, 2017, 09:36 PM
I get extra chores around the house. I have
the "ur driving privileges will b revoked"
hanging over my head if I'm bad. So far I
have a halo.

You can drive there car?!?!
Dam...

tommywalker2004
July 11th, 2017, 01:18 AM
When i was kid i got spanked, but it was a long time ago.

nat2003
July 18th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Yeah still spanked with aa paddle

bobbybaseball
July 21st, 2017, 04:43 PM
Yeah still spanked with aa paddle

How big is the paddle? my mom uses a hairbrush mostly

nat2003
July 21st, 2017, 05:36 PM
Like a school paddle.

The Byrd
July 21st, 2017, 06:03 PM
I literally don't get punished because I don't do anything wrong behaviour-wise. I'm not claiming to be perfect, of course, but the only time I'm told off or anything is when I say something my mother doesn't like, and in such a case she just tells me that I shouldn't have said it. My father doesn't tell me off at all because most of the time when I say something that my mother doesn't like, it's just a joke and my father is much more accepting of jokes.

Just JT
July 21st, 2017, 09:38 PM

Like a school paddle.

The both of you, seriously?
Guys that's like abuse
Sorry, just saying
You shouldn't be hit by anyone or with anything

If something I get a hand, like a slap, but not a paddle or a brush

Sere
July 21st, 2017, 11:13 PM
Guys that's like abuse
Sorry, just saying

I agree, it's too far. I've been slapped but never hit with a paddle. That is abuse I have to say.

nat2003
July 22nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
I agree, it's too far. I've been slapped but never hit with a paddle. That is abuse I have to say.
Well its the same paddle they use in many schools and i imagine that is not ilegal i dont know

Sere
July 22nd, 2017, 11:03 AM
Well its the same paddle they use in many schools and i imagine that is not ilegal i dont know

If you're school is.using that it's to my knowledge extremely illegal!!! That is a kind of abuse and schools of all things should not use that. You can report the school to the police if you wish as well.

Freckles
July 22nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
Guys that's like abuse
Sorry, just saying

Not necessarily true. Some parents use a paddle because they only want to use their hands for loving their kids. Also some do it because it makes a louder noise and scares the child without having to spank them hard. Just because they use it doesn't mean they use it hard. For a lot of kids getting grounded is much more abusive.

If you're school is.using that it's to my knowledge extremely illegal!!! That is a kind of abuse and schools of all things should not use that. You can report the school to the police if you wish as well.

There are a few states where it's legal for schools to spank.

Just JT
July 22nd, 2017, 12:33 PM
Not necessarily true. Some parents use a paddle because they only want to use their hands for loving their kids. Also some do it because it makes a louder noise and scares the child without having to spank them hard. Just because they use it doesn't mean they use it hard. For a lot of kids getting grounded is much more abusive.

That may be true. But I just don't agree with parents causing pain to get their point across. Whether is physical, or emotional pain. When a parent uses their hands or an object to strike their child, regardless of how hard, their intent is to cause pain, or as in your own words, scare them. Fail to see the parental value in that.

Only shows me, the parent don't know how to use words, and other actions to Beth their point across. Seems simple, but also so hard to seems

Ragle
July 22nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
I just get punished by talking stuff out. Never expierenced grounding or the other usual stuff I read here in other threads. My parents ain't no barbarians. They are much more cruel in their subtle intellectual ways.

Freckles
July 22nd, 2017, 12:50 PM
Doing wrong and fear go hand in hand and can help someone learn. If you commited a crime and the police show up at your house you would be afraid. You'd be afraid of the consequenses of your actions. You'd learn not to break the law fast. It's the same thing. Fear helps keeps kids from doing the same bad behaviors over and over again. They learn that in real life there are consequenses when you do wrong. I normally wouldn't try to prove a point but since you're my friend I feel safe to expand my view.

nat2003
July 22nd, 2017, 01:09 PM
Doing wrong and fear go hand in hand and can help someone learn. If you commited a crime and the police show up at your house you would be afraid. You'd be afraid of the consequenses of your actions. You'd learn not to break the law fast. It's the same thing. Fear helps keeps kids from doing the same bad behaviors over and over again. They learn that in real life there are consequenses when you do wrong. I normally wouldn't try to prove a point but since you're my friend I feel safe to expand my view.
Well in my school its completely legal.Pretty common.I dont know about other states. Just its a bit sore for a day or so. Never bruises or something like that

Ragle
July 22nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
I was raised to be generally somehow respectful to other people.

But even also, to meet every one, whether peers or adults on equal terms. And if something doesn't seem to make sense what others say to question this.

Brought me often into trouble, but I thats the way I was brought up so far. Self-employment and self-responsibility.

Fear has never caused me to learn anything. If I somehow behaved wrong or something did not go well, then usually my conscience appeared and brought me to the insight, to behave differently.

I think that automatically occurs when parents can make it clear to children what is good or wrong, even without giving them the path of fear.

Of course, there are exceptions. But that should only affect very few people.

Sere
July 22nd, 2017, 07:49 PM
Well in my school its completely legal.Pretty common.I dont know about other states. Just its a bit sore for a day or so. Never bruises or something like that
I have just seen that it is legal there... Still horrible :(

pconnor
July 22nd, 2017, 08:25 PM
Corporal punishment is legal in schools where we live. But the schools don't paddel bare unlike how we get it at home.

Just JT
July 22nd, 2017, 08:29 PM

I have just seen that it is legal there... Still horrible :(

Corporal punishment is legal in schools where we live. But the schools don't paddel bare unlike how we get it at home.

Where the fuck do you guys live?!?
I've never heard in my lifetime where a teacher could strike a student.
Sorry, that's just wrong on so many levels.
Maybe it's me, but....

Sere
July 22nd, 2017, 09:53 PM
Where the fuck do you guys live?!?
I've never heard in my lifetime where a teacher could strike a student.
Sorry, that's just wrong on so many levels.
Maybe it's me, but....

I believe they said Texas. It is not outlawed to have corporal punishment in schools there...

evansk8
July 23rd, 2017, 12:08 AM
Yeah its legal here in TX but paddling is not so common in the urban school districts. From what I can tell though, most dads paddle at home. Growing up with a single mom I've never been paddled though.

Just JT
July 23rd, 2017, 12:47 AM
I believe they said Texas. It is not outlawed to have corporal punishment in schools there...

That's just....idk, glad I'm not in Texas.
Not sure what they'd do with me
Cause I wouldn't have it
And I can see that'll be a problem

nat2003
July 23rd, 2017, 08:44 AM
I never got it bare that would be abuse and i doubt that u get it bare so stop trolling us

Yeah I live in a very small town in Texas. I go to a religious school. I dont think that in the urban areas of texas is common but i dont really know

double posts merged ~ Val

bobbybaseball
July 24th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Yeah I live in a very small town in Texas. I go to a religious school. I dont think that in the urban areas of texas is common but i dont really know

I go to a religious school too and they do it there too. Do you get paddled much?

nat2003
July 24th, 2017, 03:44 PM
I go to a religious school too and they do it there too. Do you get paddled much?

No not much. Sometimes you can change a spanking for ISS

Just JT
July 24th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I never got it bare that would be abuse and i doubt that u get it bare so stop trolling us

Might be a lifestyle thing. Not sure I'd call that trolling tbh.

nat2003
July 24th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Might be a lifestyle thing. Not sure I'd call that trolling tbh.
A lifestyle thing?? What do u mean??

bobbybaseball
July 24th, 2017, 05:46 PM
No not much. Sometimes you can change a spanking for ISS

Don't you get a spanking at home if you get ISS?

messid
July 27th, 2017, 05:12 PM
usually just grounded...but theyre super strict about it, no tv, no computer, no tablet, no time with friends, no staying late after school

Tom55
July 27th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Don't get never punished. I don't do anything real wrong during my life i think lmao. I try always to respect rules in my family but in general too outside my home.

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 01:12 AM
If you are being punishes in an abusive fashion please report it.

evansk8
August 1st, 2017, 09:20 AM
So far I haven't been punished at my uncles. I've been doing my chores and following all their rules. But yeah in Texas its pretty common for punishments to get physical, especially if they have a dad. Not something my friends really talk about but its kind of a unspoken thing we all know about.

cyrilmiranda
August 4th, 2017, 09:27 PM
I used to get spankings from my mom, but my dad never hit me. But now that my sibling and I grew older, we only experience yelling now. :)

kro814
August 13th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Our school still uses corporal punishment just like other ones in this state. But they paddle over our clothes. At home the rule is bare bottom spankings and we get the belt or hair brush.

Just JT
August 13th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Our school still uses corporal punishment just like other ones in this state. But they paddle over our clothes. At home the rule is bare bottom spankings and we get the belt or hair brush.

A brush?
A belt is bad enough bro...sorry, don't mean to judge but, that's just wrong. That need to stop man, really.

NerdSquared
August 14th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Wow. Just wow. I mean, I knew Texas was pretty lawless, but that's just crazy. We don't even have corporal punishment out in backwoods N. Maine.

Riley2015
August 20th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Grounded
Banned from watching TV
Banned from playstation, internet etc
Curfew
Extra chores
Banned from seeing friends
Made to write out lines
Pocket money withdrawn

kirsty_js16
October 7th, 2017, 07:57 AM
punishments are usually loss of priveledges grounded or spanking

benster
October 9th, 2017, 02:30 PM
spanking and hitting is illigal in UK
i get grounded or no pocket money or bed early with no tv or net

Hamodyalot
October 20th, 2017, 11:11 PM
My parent never hit us but my father shout at us and keep saying same thing hunder time it make me crazy

Cangirl
October 21st, 2017, 10:14 AM
punishments are usually loss of priveledges grounded or spanking

spanking and hitting is illigal in UK
i get grounded or no pocket money or bed early with no tv or net

Spanking is illegal in Canada after 12 but i dont know about the UK. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen though after 12. Maybe more common that people think.

Dont feel bad if you get spanked.

wrecked
October 21st, 2017, 03:59 PM
My mom spank me when I was little. It never was abusive my opinion now that I look back at it. It was your way of making sure I learned my lesson. It was usually done in private, over her knee, with my under pants pulled down. But again that was when I was just a little kid. Now it's getting grounded when I get punished. The same went for my sister she got the same type of punishments that I did / do

twirlgurl
October 23rd, 2017, 06:02 PM
put it too u this way, when i was younger (14 and under) i was probably over my mom's lap more than a napkin. Now.. we just yell a bit and then talk things out after we both calm down. never been grounded, that was never my mom's thing. stingy butts were. lol

Anniebanannie
October 23rd, 2017, 07:28 PM
I get spanked rarely, but it's still known to happen.

kro814
October 28th, 2017, 07:27 PM
I am 13 and still get spanked. Plus where we live they have paddling in school. Corporal punishment is legal in schools for sure. But the school does not paddle bare like we get it at home.

evansk8
October 28th, 2017, 10:32 PM
I am 13 and still get spanked. Plus where we live they have paddling in school. Corporal punishment is legal in schools for sure. But the school does not paddle bare like we get it at home.

There's paddling in my school too but I've never got it. My mom doesn't spank but she has slapped me across the face which is really scary and startling. I'm pretty sure a number of friends get spanked by their dads, and my cousins do for sure. Does your dad do it?

Vic_Fire
October 29th, 2017, 11:06 AM
thanx god my parents never used spanking