PDA

View Full Version : Bullying

selfish_sia
July 10th, 2017, 06:49 AM
I'm new to this website so I hope this is in the right forum.

One of my friends is Bi and it takes him a while to open up and tell people so most students assume that he is gay. This is probably because he has no boys that are his friends and sometimes he acts a bit feminine. He has no friends that are boys for three reasons:
1. He doesn't relate to them
2. Half of the boys are grossed out by him
3. The other half of the boys make fun of him
Of those that make fun of him, they often touch him sexually or moan around him. This makes him very embarrassed and I'm always there to stick up for him but should I be doing more? He has already gone to teachers about a few incidents but the bullying still continues. What should I do as his friend?:(

Leon03
July 10th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Being there for him is very important and that he knows there is a person he can trust.
Sticking up for him whenever bullying happens helps and is necessary to a certain extent.
But this sexual abuse you mentioned goes way to far.
Many schools here offer professional support for kids that are bullied. Offer workshops with tutors for classes where bullying takes place. They do a great job. Hope you find help like this for him.

LRSSS02
July 10th, 2017, 07:04 AM
If I were you, I would go straight to a parent about it as soon as you can. This is because parents have nothing but you in mind.

selfish_sia
July 10th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Being there for him is very important and that he knows there is a person he can trust.
Sticking up for him whenever bullying happens helps and is necessary to a certain extent.
But this sexual abuse you mentioned goes way to far.
Many schools here offer professional support for kids that are bullied. Offer workshops with tutors for classes where bullying takes place. They do a great job. Hope you find help like this for him.

Thanks, I try to be there for him as much as I can. My school says they have a bully system in place but I guess it isn't working. I'll definitely look into those workshops and suggest them to him. I just hope he lets me help him.

If I were you, I would go straight to a parent about it as soon as you can. This is because parents have nothing but you in mind.

I don't think either of us have gone to a parent yet, they will probably be more help than our school. I didn't even think of that, thankyou.

Posts merged, please multi quote next time. ~Endeavour

Leon03
July 10th, 2017, 07:37 AM
I cross fingers for him that he is going to let you help.
Shame is a very strong feeling that often hinders victims to ask for help.
Great that he has a friend like you!

LRSSS02
July 10th, 2017, 07:40 AM
I don't think either of us have gone to a parent yet, they will probably be more help than our school. I didn't even think of that, thank you.

my pleasure

ska8er
July 12th, 2017, 07:52 PM
No one is suppose to treat another
person in the way u describe. Not only
is it bullying it is also a form of assault.
If teachers wont help there r also guidance
counselors who r there to help in other ways.
If no one else listens and it gets out of hand
then u can talk to the police. Just keep being
there for him and b his friend.

jamie_n5
July 29th, 2017, 03:10 PM
That is so terrible what you describe is happening to your friend. It is completely unacceptable and if the teachers and administration of the school don't and won't do something about it I would ask him to tell his parents to go to them or a school board member and demand some action. Bullying has gotten so out of hand all over and it has to be dealt with and stopped. I am so glad that you are a great friend and are standing by him. You could also talk to your parents and ask them to talk to the school administration and demand action on this also. Those jerks need to be stopped and disciplined.

evansk8
July 29th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Yeah bullying sucks. Probably his parents have to get involved and deal with the school. You could help by writing down the times when it happens, who is involved and what happens. When it comes to getting something done about it you need exact examples. Sometimes it just never goes away and you have to change schools, but thats kinda a last resort. Too bad he's having such a hard time.

I'm new to this website so I hope this is in the right forum.

One of my friends is Bi and it takes him a while to open up and tell people so most students assume that he is gay. This is probably because he has no boys that are his friends and sometimes he acts a bit feminine. He has no friends that are boys for three reasons:
1. He doesn't relate to them
2. Half of the boys are grossed out by him
3. The other half of the boys make fun of him
Of those that make fun of him, they often touch him sexually or moan around him. This makes him very embarrassed and I'm always there to stick up for him but should I be doing more? He has already gone to teachers about a few incidents but the bullying still continues. What should I do as his friend?:(

How is your friend doing? Did you take any specific action about it?

Posts merged, please edit next time. ~Endeavour

Nelmoinen
August 13th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Fight for him, help him, be there for him. Let him know that who he is, is ok.

Let him be loved let him know that he is loved and that he will find love.

Be kind. Be nice. Be a friend.