PDA

View Full Version : A virgin whats your opinoin ??

LITTLEANGEL16
July 10th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Hello, In various surveys etc. I class myself as a VIRGIN for this reason:-
a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
"she's still a virgin"
Although I slept with my BFF in the past just for experimenting, and now I have slept with my GF.
So NEVER having sexual intercourse I still class myself as VIRGIN as do other LEZ Girls I know.
I would love to what YOU THINK?? THANKS.
X

Bull
July 10th, 2017, 08:09 AM
IMO you are a virgin until you have sexual intercourse. One does not lose virginity "messing around".

ShineintheDark
July 10th, 2017, 09:07 AM
If you wanna class yourself as a virgin then you are one, only you are a judge of your own virginity though when you have sexual intercourse is probably the best bet of saying you've lost it.

DerpyGirl
July 10th, 2017, 10:00 AM
I think you're a virgin as long as you want to call yourself one. However, at what point does a lesbian have sexual intercourse in your view? Keep in mind that not all lesbians use penetrative toys.

That being said, a girl can't have a guy put just the tip of himself in her and still be called a virgin

Posts merged, please edit next time. ~Endeavour

EvaNL
July 10th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I think you're a virgin as long as you want to call yourself one.

Exactly. It's more of a mental thing than a physical. There are so many ifs and buts concerning sexual intercourse that there is no one strict definition. In the end it all comes down to what you think yourself. Also, no one should care whether someone is a virgin or not.

ChloeF
July 10th, 2017, 10:18 AM
lf you haven't had intercourse, you're a virgin or at least that's how l define it.

Claire Asteroid
July 11th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I am a virgin because I am straight and I never had sexual intercourse with a boy. I have had oral sex on me twice from a girl when I was younger, but I still count myself as a virgin.

Orange Kenny
July 11th, 2017, 01:15 PM
You've never had sex, therefore you are a virgin. Not much to reflect upon.

stoneflowe96
July 12th, 2017, 02:51 AM
I think this is more a mental thing. For me you and this case also me, are not a virgin anyone if you had any kind of sexual intercourse. Having sex is more than just penetration of the vagina with a penis. On thepplatform "ted talk" I saw a interesting presentation of a sociologist who researches on sexual behaviour of women. She had a new and also in my eyes good explanation for loosing your virginity. You are not a virgin anymore when someone else gave you a orgasm, in a loose quote because I watched video not so recently.

LITTLEANGEL16
July 12th, 2017, 05:42 AM
Thanks to all that replied and thanks to Kenny and MOOO MOOO Bill / Will for the male perspective, Some say it's a mental thing, but I was just wondering did other people agree with me classing myself as a "virgin"
Also, does DIY masturbation using a sex toy or a DIY sex toy eg. hairbrush handle or sharpie etc etc count a sexual intercourse?

And reply to "DerpyGirl" I define sexual intercourse as having a penetration of the vagina with a penis.
X

bunnyhabit
July 12th, 2017, 07:54 AM
as long as you have an unbroken hymen you are a virgin. if you're girlfriend put anything big in your vagina you are probably not a virgin. only your doctor can say for sure. you do not have to have intercourse with a guy to lose your virginity.

shamrockgirl02
July 12th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I think you're a virgin as long as you want to call yourself one. However, at what point does a lesbian have sexual intercourse in your view? Keep in mind that not all lesbians use penetrative toys.

That being said, a girl can't have a guy put just the tip of himself in her and still be called a virgin

Posts merged, please edit next time. ~Endeavour

I think as far as lesbian virginity goes, it might be key that both participants perform sexual acts on each other, as opposed to just one girl providing the other with digital or oral stimulation, which would be comparable to strokinga or sucking a cock being just a handjob or blowjob, not something that counts as losing ones virginity. I know plenty of girls who have had a girl eat them out without returning the favor, or licked a girl and not been reciprocated, who would say that in no way have they ever had lesbian sex

azurzg
July 12th, 2017, 09:05 AM
as long as you have an unbroken hymen you are a virgin

Please don't get me wrong, but I would rather strongly disagree with this.

Hymens come in various shapes and forms, some get "broken" during sex, some do not. About half of the planet's population never had a hymen.

Please watch: https://youtu.be/fBQnQTkhsq4.

VIRGIN a person who has never had sexual intercourse

I would agree with your definition, a virgin is a person who has never had sexual intercourse. However, I would define "virginity" as a state of mind, rather than something physical.

sexual intercourse: sex, lovemaking, making love, sex act, act of love, sexual relations, intimate relations, intimacy, coupling, mating, going to bed with someone, sleeping with someone.

intercourse: dealings, relations, relationships, association, connections, contact, interchange, communication, intercommunication, communion, correspondence, negotiations, bargaining, transactions, proceedings.

In short, depending on your gender and sexual preferences, if you think you've had sex, you're not a virgin.

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" or "Multi" button. ~Elysium

Elysium
July 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Apologies for how harsh this is going to sound, but I have very strong feelings about the concept of virginity. I think virginity is a stupid, antiquated concept and these attempts to deconstruct and finely classify it are futile and unproductive. Call yourself a virgin if you want, do whatever makes you happy and comfortable. I don't think it's helping you or anyone else in the long run. It was never dreamt up to accommodate same-sex relations or anything other than penis-in-vagina intercourse. Expand the definition to the modern age or don't. Up to you. Nobody else can tell you what to call yourself or how to think of yourself.

Also, azurzg is totally right about the hymen thing. You can read a little bit more about that myth here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204453).

LITTLEANGEL16
July 12th, 2017, 10:20 AM
as long as you have an unbroken hymen you are a virgin. if you're girlfriend put anything big in your vagina you are probably not a virgin. only your doctor can say for sure. you do not have to have intercourse with a guy to lose your virginity.
Like Azur I would disagree with you Sha about the unbroken hymen, The hymen can get broken in many ways like exercise, cycling and using tampons etc. Then there is masturbating. Here is a link to a site that some may find useful.

http://www.theperiodblog.com/how-to-guides/can-you-lose-your-virginity-to-a-tampon/

ClaraWho
July 12th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Apologies for how harsh this is going to sound, but I have very strong feelings about the concept of virginity. I think virginity is a stupid, antiquated concept and these attempts to deconstruct and finely classify it are futile and unproductive. Call yourself a virgin if you want, do whatever makes you happy and comfortable. I don't think it's helping you or anyone else in the long run. It was never dreamt up to accommodate same-sex relations or anything other than penis-in-vagina intercourse. Expand the definition to the modern age or don't. Up to you. Nobody else can tell you what to call yourself or how to think of yourself.

Also, azurzg is totally right about the hymen thing. You can read a little bit more about that myth here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204453).

This. You know the whole thing has got ridiculous when girls are doing anal to avoid 'losing their virginity'. 'Virginity' is a man-made (literally devised by men) concept, often used to denigrate and disparage women. It has roots in religion of course, often coinciding with how to punish non-virgins at marriage with death or how homosexuals are sinners.

I personally refuse to use the term. It is too antiquated and specific to even be updated as far as I can see. Best confine it to the history books as a mistake.

Define your sexuality realistically. If you have had reciprocal sexual acts with a girl and you too are female, I'd say you HAVE had sex. To me it is two partners (at least...) giving themselves fully physically to each other. Without describing the acts, that definition will have varying meanings to everyone.

I think the biggest part of this is why some people have this need to define their sexual habits/history publically? :whoops: Do what makes you comfortable morally and personally.

~ Clara

DerpyGirl
July 12th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I think as far as lesbian virginity goes, it might be key that both participants perform sexual acts on each other, as opposed to just one girl providing the other with digital or oral stimulation, which would be comparable to strokinga or sucking a cock being just a handjob or blowjob, not something that counts as losing ones virginity. I know plenty of girls who have had a girl eat them out without returning the favor, or licked a girl and not been reciprocated, who would say that in no way have they ever had lesbian sex

That's a really good point, Erin. I hadn't thought of that. It takes two to have intercourse so with lesbian sex it still needs two participants.

Thanks to all that replied and thanks to Kenny and MOOO MOOO Bill / Will for the male perspective, Some say it's a mental thing, but I was just wondering did other people agree with me classing myself as a "virgin"
Also, does DIY masturbation using a sex toy or a DIY sex toy eg. hairbrush handle or sharpie etc etc count a sexual intercourse?

And reply to "DerpyGirl" I define sexual intercourse as having a penetration of the vagina with a penis.
X

Please don't take this as me being rude, I don't mean it to be, but if you define virginity that way, does that mean you'll always be a virgin if you're a lesbian, as you will never be penetrated by a penis?

Posts merged. ~Elysium

Chaosphere
July 13th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Honestly, it is a mentality like others have mentioned, depending on the person. Since you've asked, I think virginity has to do with having sex with the gender of your choice. If you've had sex/ acts of that nature with another consenting person romantically, you're not a virgin in my mind. That would include lesbian forms of intercourse, whatever those might be for the couple. But it's inaccurate to tell someone, "I'm a virgin," when you've had legitimate coitus with a person who is more than a friend, IMO. The subtle line there being the difference between experimentation with friends and with lovers.

Hermes
July 13th, 2017, 10:53 AM
...I think virginity is a stupid, antiquated concept and these attempts to deconstruct and finely classify it are futile and unproductive...

Looking back at a time when contraceptive options were more limited and the time between puberty and marriage was much shorter, it made sense for a man to want his bride to be a virgin when they married because that would guarantee she was not already pregnant with another man's child. It is almost certainly this that lead most people to think of virginity as not having had penetrative sex, though the reasoning behind it is not always explained.

In that form I think it has limited relevance today because of freely available contraception and changing attitudes even before we consider that the concern about pregnancy doesn't apply to gay guys and penetration without a toy doesn't really apply to lesbians.

On the other hand I can see the value in reserving certain sexual activity for someone you love as way of consummating that relationship whilst allowing yourself to do other sexual things just for fun. That concept would apply equally to people of all orientations. With that definition the question becomes "Have you had a loving relationship you have consummated in that way" so it becomes a relationship question rather than a sex question. That also has the benefit that while we may think there is a link between the answer and emotional maturity it doesn't encourage anyone to have sex with the first person who will put out because they see virginity as burden, or childish.

EvaNL
July 13th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Opening an entire new can of worms on this subject:
Grown men still (still) go to south east Asia/Thailand to pay to have sex with young girls. These men pay more for a virgin, a girl with an unbroken hymen.
So what happens is that the people who sell these girls have surgery done on these girls to "repair" their hymen. Just so the men who pay for sex pay more to break their hymen.
The girls know they're not virgins, the people who sell them know they're not virgins, but the men paying for sex think they're virgins.

Apart from this showing that "being a virgin" is subjective, my stomach turns when thinking about the girls being abused in such a way, or in any way.

azurzg
July 13th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Disturbing! How very disturbing.

Hermes
July 13th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Opening an entire new can of worms on this subject:
Grown men still (still) go to south east Asia/Thailand to pay to have sex with young girls. These men pay more for a virgin, a girl with an unbroken hymen.
So what happens is that the people who sell these girls have surgery done on these girls to "repair" their hymen. Just so the men who pay for sex pay more to break their hymen.
The girls know they're not virgins, the people who sell them know they're not virgins, but the men paying for sex think they're virgins.

Apart from this showing that "being a virgin" is subjective, my stomach turns when thinking about the girls being abused in such a way, or in any way.

I think it is fair to say that girls/women who have sex for money are generally in a pretty bad place and are desperate for the money and those who pimp them are the scum of the earth, though the experience you describe sound particularly nasty.

elmoc
July 14th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Historically, the word "virgin has meant two things:
1. No experience with sexual contact
2. The hymen is intact

At this point in time, the hymen can be broken in many ways. The classic example has been horseback riding (watch out for that saddle horn, lol) or other sports, but we all know that girl's masturbation techniques can easily break the hymen.

Does being a virgin really matter anymore?

andrewt
August 23rd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Hello, In various surveys etc. I class myself as a VIRGIN for this reason:-
a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
"she's still a virgin"
Although I slept with my BFF in the past just for experimenting, and now I have slept with my GF.
So NEVER having sexual intercourse I still class myself as VIRGIN as do other LEZ Girls I know.
I would love to what YOU THINK?? THANKS.
X

Still a virgin in my eyes, technically speaking

Miss Ophelia
September 22nd, 2017, 06:07 PM
lf you haven't had intercourse, you're a virgin or at least that's how l define it.

Thats always been my opinion too.

Hayleyyy
September 22nd, 2017, 10:52 PM
Why stress over a made up social construct?

lliam
September 23rd, 2017, 03:33 AM
yeah. give a damn about virginity. chill instead.