PDA

View Full Version : Tween to teen

evansk8
July 9th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Hi All

I'm Evan. I just turned 13 last month! I'm from TX, USA and love to skateboard and hang out at the lake. I am an only kid who proved too much for my mother (and her new bf). Since school finished I started living with my uncle and cousins. We're all pretty close so its okay. But its hard both for me and my cuzes. There are three of them and only 2 kid bedrooms here. I share with my 12 yr old cuz Dustin. And the 10 yr old, shares with my 15 yr old (step) cousin Brett. I am nervous about how it will go but like being part of a bigger family. My uncles wife (Brett's mom) hasn't said much to me but I'm trying to be nice to her. My uncle expects a lot so I try my hardest to be respectful and obey the rules. I hope to meet others here who have been through similar stuff.

Evan

Just JT
July 9th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Hey Evan welcome to vt. Jump in any conversation and have a blast!!

refrigeratorx
July 9th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Welcome!! Seems like an interesting situation u got there. Good luck with that and enjoy it here

Mars
July 9th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Welcome to VT :)

Abyssal Echo
July 9th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Welcome to VT!

Leon03
July 10th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Hi All

I'm Evan. I just turned 13 last month! I'm from TX, USA and love to skateboard and hang out at the lake. I am an only kid who proved too much for my mother (and her new bf). Since school finished I started living with my uncle and cousins. We're all pretty close so its okay. But its hard both for me and my cuzes. There are three of them and only 2 kid bedrooms here. I share with my 12 yr old cuz Dustin. And the 10 yr old, shares with my 15 yr old (step) cousin Brett. I am nervous about how it will go but like being part of a bigger family. My uncles wife (Brett's mom) hasn't said much to me but I'm trying to be nice to her. My uncle expects a lot so I try my hardest to be respectful and obey the rules. I hope to meet others here who have been through similar stuff.

Evan

Hey Evan. Nice to meet you!
You are not alone with your situation. My two cousins live with us too since one year ago when their parents died in a car crash. We are four boys at home now and the new situation changed a lot in our lifes. My older brother moved out for university some 2 years ago so everyone still can have their own room but yet...

SethfromMI
July 10th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Hi All

Evan

sorry for what you have had to go through Evan. there are so many wonderful people on here who are here for you to help and encourage you. I hope you find this to be a place of warmth and acceptance and get advice to help you out. there are definitively those who have gone through similar things as you and even some who haven't (like me) who are always willing to help give support, encouragement, and advice when they can.

Welcome to VT Evan!

Tom55
July 10th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Welcome! :)

azurzg
July 11th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Welcome Evan!

TheAP
July 13th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Welcome! :)

Ragle
July 14th, 2017, 04:29 AM
I live in a family of 9. 3 bros, 2 dogs, 1 sis, 2 parents.^^ And sometimes kids of befriended families live with us for a longer time.

My sibs and I usually don't share rooms, cause each of us has an own room.

So, even if suddenly 8 or 9 kids are living in our house, we always get along somehow well. It's just a matter of habituation.

Bull
July 14th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Hi Evan and welcome to the wonderful, diverse VT family from all over the planet. You will meet some really kind and helpful people here. Enjoy!

evansk8
July 14th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all the welcome messages everyone!

Julien C.
July 23rd, 2017, 07:42 PM
Hey Evan,

I'm new too. But I have also had to adjust to a new living situation, just like you.

My parents split up when I was nine years old and went to live with my uncles family.

Had to share room with two other boy cousins my age. So I can relate to what you're going through. We are all here to help others through life. Good people here at VT.

Again, Welcome brother !