PDA

View Full Version : I need to be away from food

EssentialAspiration
July 9th, 2017, 09:53 AM
The gym thing made me feel good and lasted two months now I can't bring myself to go back I haven't been in a month and I just eat and eat and eat I cannot do this healthy living shit I just want to lose weight but I cannot stop myself I hate to say that but I realize now that it is true nothing I do works if there is food around I want it I need it I can't not eat it I just keep eating and it's destroying my whole world I have felt very depressed for a very long time now and I don't know how much longer I can cope with all this I don't know what to do why do I have no self discipline why can't I stop myself like a normal person I don't know what to do

ShineintheDark
July 9th, 2017, 11:42 AM
You need to start removing food from around you if you can't bring yourself to stop. Have less sugary foods in the house or try and make sure there are smaller portions so less is left over for you to snack on.

Just JT
July 9th, 2017, 12:17 PM
He's right. The foods your eating are probably coming from the pantry. The foods you should be eating should be coming from the fridge. Fresh fruit veggies meats fish poultry etc.

If it's a sweet tooth you got, lots of great fruit available now that's really great tasting to!!

Discipline is huge. I've always been a runner and exercised. Staying in shape always came easy to me. But the past several months I haven't really been able to, and I've lost some of what I had. And to get it back does take discipline.

Is there someone you know you could workout with?
Help your parents plan healthy meals, we plan them as a family, cook together to. That way we all have input, and male sure we're all eating what we should.

Not easy, but hey maybe your Dr can help you get a nutritionist to help you or something

Dmaxd123
July 10th, 2017, 05:59 PM
i have found the more fresh fruits around the better.

I LOVE the crunch of potato chips & pretzels so if I grab an apple and cut it into small chunks or a thing of grapes or blueberries then i still get that "munching" habit satisfied while not loading up with garbage

also if it gets too bad: talk to your parents about only keeping healthier food options in the house and then also talk to a therapist about some other techniques for you

Vegas2933
July 15th, 2017, 07:00 AM
If you just try to cut out unhealthy foods by throwing them out and buying no more.

Freckles
July 21st, 2017, 07:32 PM
Most people who over eat are self medicating for a deeper problem. You might want to see a doctor about what might be going on to cause you to crave food all the time. Getting to the root of your problem is the first step in curing it. I have just the opposite problem. I don't eat enough and am underweight. The reasons are because of nerves and I don't always want to eat.

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Freckles is right. I think the help from your doctor is really needed in your case. They will most likely send you to see a dietician and they will help you to set up a good nutritional and healthy diet. If you follow that and exercise besides it will definitely help you loose weight.

JayJay17
August 18th, 2017, 09:45 AM
The fact you brought up the gym made me want to state this..

I don't know if you're as inclined to improve strength or visually, but it takes a lot of motivation and inspiration. I personally watched a bunch of YouTube channels about fitness until I settled on channels such as UntaimedStrength, BarbellBrigade and OmarIsuf which provide really good useful information that has benefitted me a lot with good humour. OmarIsuf constantly interviews certain professionals with PhDs and whatnot about specific questions and he always promotes eating healthy, what to eat, what supplements are actually beneficial etc. He also avoids advertising fake useless crap. He just provides what's proven to work. These channels have really changed me from being pretty slightly over weight to something I'm much more comfortable with after a year. They're very inspiring.

I felt it may worth be sharing incase you take an interest in it. Noticing the benefits eating a certain way and cutting out certain things has on you is very motivating. Certain people actually promote eating a lot of meat and carbs because it's so beneficial for heavily active lifestyles.

I'm not sure if you'll find it interesting, but it's out there incase you are. It might change you like it changed me. Might seem difficult at first to go gym 5 days a week, but over time I promise you'll get used to it.