PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of your scars?

Babs
July 9th, 2017, 01:46 AM
A lot of people feel the need to hide their scars. On the contrary many people say they wear them like a badge of honor, that they're proud because they symbolize their struggle etc., and that's fine for them but I absolutely cannot relate.

I'm ashamed of my scars because I was stupid for cutting myself. It was a stupid phase I went through, and I can't believe I ruined my body through choices I made. It's a downright stupid thing to do. I don't like to show my arms because other people nine times out of ten think it's stupid too. Most of them are around 4-5 years old and so they're done healing. They're probably not gonna get much less visible. I would love to not feel bad about them but given my opinion on cutting having gone through it, I'm never gonna not feel bad about them.

What do you think of your scars?

nebula
July 9th, 2017, 01:54 AM
A lot of the time I do feel self-conscious about my arms because of the scars but I think they could've been a lot worse. At the time I thought ahead and cared for them after so the scars wouldn't be as bad and it has definitely paid off. They're not raised, and since my arms are really pale they're only a little dark. I think I just notice them more because I know they're there but I've been able to wear tshirts around people and they haven't noticed. I know that if they did they would 100% say something.

I usually wear long sleeved shirts/hoodies when I can but I tend to get reallyyy hot very easily so I have no choice. The very few people in person that do know about them just take no notice and that's how I prefer it. I have to wear a short sleeved polo for work and I'm kind of worried about people like my work colleagues noticing them, but I mean it's my own fault at the end of the day for doing it in such a stupid place.

kye042
July 17th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I really love my scars, even though I'm still a self harmer. They're in my hips and thighs, and nobody sees them, so when I look at them I imagine my life in the future, looking back on them, being proud.
But I did it recently in my wrist, which was one of the most stupid decisions I've ever made. I feel so self conscious and I can't handle anyone seeing me without a ton of bracelets and jackets.
So i feel several ways. I guess I'm scared of what people would think, otherwise I'd be fine. It's kinda complicated.

Mars
July 17th, 2017, 12:21 PM
I'm ashamed of my scars because I was stupid for cutting myself. It was a stupid phase I went through, and I can't believe I ruined my body through choices I made. It's a downright stupid thing to do.

Same here. Reminds me of a bad time where I turned to bad things. I hated myself at that time, and the people I was around, and those who I no longer (and will never) relate to or want to think about. It was a stupid thing to do and it reminds me of how stupid I was at the time.

Desynchronized
July 18th, 2017, 07:36 AM
I actually cut under my feet so none could easily see it(ouch). And they have faded since. So either way i don't really have any feelings bout them.

Kooy
July 19th, 2017, 06:14 PM
I don't scare much and when i do they fade to the point I can't see them... But on the day water makes them more visible or the sun.. I hate them on my good days and on my bad days they are "cut here" lines