PDA

View Full Version : How many people are honestly there for you?

Tom55
July 7th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Count how many people that you are very close with and that are always there for you when you are in need of support?
This includes family too :)

refrigeratorx
July 7th, 2017, 11:03 AM
That's a tough question. In most cases u don't know until the situation arises. Luckily I haven't had many tragedies where I needed a lot of support. But I'm sure you'd be surprised who IS there for you and on the other hand, someone you expected to be there who ISNT

Mars
July 7th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Sometimes it feels like no one, lol.

But if I were to count friends and family, then dumb it down to people I trust enough to talk to, then people I would actually talk to, I'd say about 3.

Jinglebottom
July 7th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I don't talk about my problems with anyone irl, but maybe my sister and my cousin would be there for me if I needed someone to talk to. I don't know.

Dalcourt
July 7th, 2017, 12:27 PM
It would be 4 maybe 5.

devotionnel
July 7th, 2017, 01:08 PM
There's 3 people I can talk about absolutely anything to, I'd trust them with my life. They're always there for me when I need them. On the other hand there are only 5 people I actually like talking to, so a lot of my friends are my very close friends.

Just JT
July 7th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Good thread!!
I think I'm really lucky. I have a really good support system. And I've had to use it a lot. And as weird as it might sound, I'd say I can really lean on my mom and a lot. I have, and have always been there for me. My therapist, and lawyer. Feel when it's as bad as it can get, I can say anything to them and not be or feel judged, and get the help I need.

And I'd say I have 2 irl friendsi could turn to, who have, and still would give me the shirt off their backs. Even if it meant they were to do something wrong and take a significant risk.

To me, I think that's a lot, and I feel really fortunate

Amethyst Rose
July 7th, 2017, 01:28 PM
There is only 1 person IRL who knows pretty much everything about me. Altogether, counting her, there are 3 people I trust with anything.

Abyssal Echo
July 7th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I don't have anyone irl I talk to about my problems or what's going on in my life.

Dmaxd123
July 7th, 2017, 02:34 PM
i have probably 2-3 friends that I will tell any of my problems but I think I have a lot more people (aunts, uncles, sisters, and a few friends) that WOULD be there if shit hit the fan and I really needed someone.

also the old pastor of the church i used to go to is a great guy so would feel comfortable going to him if I needed anything even though he has moved to a different role within the larger church setting

Flapjack
July 7th, 2017, 02:48 PM
7, none of which are my family XD I am reallyy lucky to be blessed with so many friends that care for me and I know that they are there for me! Sometimes they take my problems so seriously that I choose not to tell them as I don't want to stress them out or upset them as they will try their best to find a solution and often there isn't one.

Babs
July 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Realistically, I'm sure that there is someone I could talk to if I wanted to. However 99% of the time I choose not to talk about my many little emotions because it just doesn't feel good to me to. I used to on VT but that decidedly didn't make me feel better either. I'm told by my family that I'm stoic and that I am a bit of a mystery because I seem just okay all the time. That's okay with me because although I don't feel okay all the time, I sure would like to. So I choose to just kind of be okay.

azurzg
July 11th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Count how many people that you are very close with and that are always there for you when you are in need of support?

3+2 (3 family members, 2 friends)

folej003
July 11th, 2017, 11:09 AM
I don't think I've ever sat and spoke properly about any problems I'm having but if I needed to I'd probably say at the very most 5, all family. Don't think friends are always there for you personally.

NerdSquared
July 12th, 2017, 02:32 PM
One, maybe two. (both friends)

Nadin
July 12th, 2017, 03:59 PM
One.

Living For Love
July 12th, 2017, 06:56 PM
One, a very close friend.

PlasmaHam
July 12th, 2017, 07:39 PM
None

LRSSS02
July 12th, 2017, 07:44 PM
i hope alot, i know some

hjhj
July 12th, 2017, 11:21 PM
At this time I cannot tell since I don't trust nearly anyone with my thoughts or actions

Chaosphere
July 13th, 2017, 02:57 AM
Probably three, and two are my parents, who I don't really talk to freely anyway.

mick01
July 13th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I can and do talk to my big brother about anything. I talk to my parents too but I've not had to talk to them about anything needing big time support. And I could talk to my sister and 2-3 friends. I guess I'm kinda lucky that way.

amgb
July 13th, 2017, 08:00 PM
At this current stage, I can count on four friends ~

April03
July 13th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Only my mum and occasionally her boyfriend.

Melodic
July 13th, 2017, 09:14 PM
1. My dad's side of the family. My mom's side of the family as well but I can only count on one hand how many of them are there for me.
2) My three close friends!
3) 85 percent of my co-workers & managers
4) My voice instructor
5) My mom's & dad's friends.

Ragle
July 14th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Let me count:

5 closer friends

2 parents
3 bros
1 sis (ok, she's enemy, but still my sis)

14 other parents from befriendet families we are closer with (clan of friends)
23 (the kids from those families)

4 Grandparents
6 Uncles
7 aunts
12 cousins

+

makes 73 folks i can count on, more or less, if I've a prob.

ah, not to mention: my two dogs (both defended me several times)