PDA

View Full Version : Lyme disease

Barbara.
July 6th, 2017, 10:28 PM
I was admitted into the hospital a week ago with a infection to where they couldn't figure where it was coming from,test after test came up empty. After 4 days in the hospital they found a bulls-eye rash on my back ,tested positive for Lyme. Now on a high dose of antibiotic called doxycycline ,my blood platelets are very low and need to have blood test done again to check my platelets. I did google Lyme disease and read all information on the subject. One thing I couldn't find is , is this a life sentence? When the doctors, yes I said doctors 3 to be exact came in my room with mom and I , I just felt like I was being told I had cancer. My main question is what's ahead of me? So many questions that google can't answer . What's ahead of me year from now ? Will I still have Lymes years from now? I will see my family doctor on Wednesday and I will forget so many questions going going through my mind.

Amethyst Rose
July 6th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Barbara. I'm sorry to hear about this. Since you were diagnosed fairly quickly the disease should be able to be eradicated. However, if the treatment isn't sufficient, it could spread and become chronic. Source (https://www.lymedisease.org/lyme-basics/lyme-disease/chronic-lyme/) Maybe you'll find other useful information on that site as well. I hope you have a smooth recovery sweet Barb <3

Barbara.
July 7th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Barbara. I'm sorry to hear about this. Since you were diagnosed fairly quickly the disease should be able to be eradicated. However, if the treatment isn't sufficient, it could spread and become chronic. Source (https://www.lymedisease.org/lyme-basics/lyme-disease/chronic-lyme/) Maybe you'll find other useful information on that site as well. I hope you have a smooth recovery sweet Barb <3
Thank you for your support and kind words. The link was very helpful and now I have better understanding of the disease and knowing a little of what could be ahead of me years to come. I only hope they caught it early enough so the medication will help. Your always helpful.

mookie
July 8th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Good luck. We have to be really careful where I live because of ticks. I check myself every day. The town Lyme the disease name comes from isn't too far from where I live

Just JT
July 8th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Think @Amathyst Rose is right. But I'll also say (had my share of docs in my short life already), they won't tell you anything for sure unles they know for sure. But also, it's early. Early detection is always the best case. So maybe nothing to worry about to much? Just rest, get better, and see
What the docs say.

After all, no matter what they say, you can't change it. So don't let that slim chance ruin a week or so waiting time

Barbara.
July 14th, 2017, 11:48 AM
A little update of the progression of lymes. Even thought I'm still on the high dose of Doxycycline antibiotics, In the last week it has progressed in to my feet,and invaded into the nerves and made my feet sting and burn is what they called neuropathy, I'm on a medicatiaction Gabapentin for it. That seemed to help but now It progressed in my ankle joint and I'm taking predinisone for inflammation in hopes that it will subside the pain.

Jinglebottom
July 14th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Get well soon! :)

Barbara.
July 15th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Get well soon! :)

Thank you for your support and well wishes, means a lot.

Just JT
July 15th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Sometimes it feels like your going backwards and getting worse befor you get better. You'll do good
Get well soon!!!

Barbara.
July 15th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Think @Amathyst Rose is right. But I'll also say (had my share of docs in my short life already), they won't tell you anything for sure unles they know for sure. But also, it's early. Early detection is always the best case. So maybe nothing to worry about to much? Just rest, get better, and see
What the docs say.

After all, no matter what they say, you can't change it. So don't let that slim chance ruin a week or so waiting time
I do believe they caught it early enough but it is still in the nerves in my feet and the joints in my right foot. The nerves have subside greatly with help of medications but my whole foot is swelled up like a balloon with inflammation, feels like I broke it in 8 places. Other than that feeling good ,mom,little brother and the kind people on VT keeping my spirits up.

Sometimes it feels like your going backwards and getting worse befor you get better. You'll do good
Get well soon!!!
Thank you for your support.