PDA

View Full Version : Never going to see her

nebula
July 5th, 2017, 08:14 AM
So me and my girlfriend have just finished our last year of compulsory school education, and we really got used to seeing each other 5 days a week. She always used to come over every Saturday too so essentially it was always 6 days or more.

Now in September I will be going back to school for another 2 years for my Level 3 courses and she won't, she will most likely get a job. So I won't see her in the week anymore. I now have a part time job too and will be working weekends and a couple of days in the week so I'm barely ever going to see her. I feel really bad because we are both clingy people and we're not used to never seeing each other.

I feel like a job is just making everything really awkward but the money is going towards my textbooks which I need to get if I want good grades and fieldwork trips (I have to save up for a geography trip approaching nearly 500). The rest of it is going towards driving lesson/getting a car and going towards her. So I really need this job. I don't know what to do so could anyone give me some advice, thanks in advance.

Flapjack
July 5th, 2017, 11:12 AM
I have had soo many friends that have gone through similar things!! :) You will see her loads I promise!! You still live really close and there will always be after school buddy! When you both know what times you are free in the week it will be easy to sort out :)

nebula
July 5th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I have had soo many friends that have gone through similar things!! :) You will see her loads I promise!! You still live really close and there will always be after school buddy! When you both know what times you are free in the week it will be easy to sort out :)

I really hope sooooo cause I hate feeling helpless and just wanna help her!!! Thank you Jackieeee

ska8er
July 5th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Stay in contact with her-texts
or emails-Scype.

Chaosphere
July 6th, 2017, 01:54 AM
My girlfriend and I live about an hour apart, I have an idea what you're talking about. Basically, the best way to make things like this work is a schedule of some kind. Just let things come together as they will with the new activities in your lives. As things fall into place, you'll begin to see places in your routine where you can meet. It's easier because you live close together, that means spontaneous meetings are possible too. Just give things time to smooth themselves out, and work from a position of knowledge.