PDA

View Full Version : Coming out advice

jackspeaks
July 3rd, 2017, 06:30 PM
Hey everyone. Im 16 and have been confused about my sexuality for a few years now. Over the last few months, realising I have been increasingly attracted to boys emotionally and sexually, I Have decided that I am bi. I am too scared to tell my parents because they are bit homophobic, usually in a jokey kind of way, because they are from the older generation who were less accepting, not because they're bad people. I was thinking of maybe coming out to some close friends of mine. Does any one have any advice? ❤

Bull
July 3rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
Jack, I am bi and never made an announcement. I just lived the life and my parents, brother, and others just figured it out. My bf and I were asked a few times if we were a couple and we answered yes. We were a bit surprised at the acceptance we received as we lived in a very homophobic state. Just treat your guy date as you would a girl date. The way you behavePeople will figure it out. My caution would be to cool the pda.

naenaendr
July 3rd, 2017, 08:02 PM
I feel the exact same way! I'm bi and my parents are pretty homophobic. I haven't told them anything yet.

Just JT
July 3rd, 2017, 09:19 PM
I agree with the other posters. Think about this. I've said before. Scieyhas this thing that it's been like they assume we're all straight unti we come out as some other sexuality. That's just bullshit. People shouldn't assume jack about anyone's sexuality, and you shouldn't feel the need to explain it to anyone. Just donas you desires lead you, and people will figure it out. And if they can, they might get up the nuts to ask. Just be honest is all

Your parents will figure it out to, and he'll get over whatever their issues are
They'll realize if they don't they'll be holding a wall between them and you. And they don't want that, trust me

azurzg
July 4th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Does any one have any advice? ❤

Come out if your comfortable with it; or don't if you're not.

I'm not out (as bisexual) to my parents. They would probably be OK with it, but I prefer not to discuss sexual things with my parents.

SeansLittleBro
September 9th, 2017, 01:38 PM
I am gay and I am out. That was a personal choice and made for a number of reasons which I don't need to get into here. However as I said it was a CHOICE I made for MYSELF. Your sexuality is no ones business except yours -- not friends, relatives, or parents. As you grow older your decisions are yours throughout life and this decision, even at 16 is yours to make.

devotionnel
September 9th, 2017, 01:41 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: