PDA

View Full Version : Undecided

nicktheman2003
July 3rd, 2017, 11:48 AM
Hey techies,
I have a samsung galaxy S 6.
I'm giving it to my little brother. My parents are going to get me a new phone. It's between a new samsung galaxy S8 or IPhone 7?
I like android a lot but have been playing with my cousins Iphone. I like the apps on his IPhone. A lot of my friends have IPhones and just me and another guy have android phones. I have a samsung galaxy tab so I'm all android. What does everyone prefer? Has anyone switched and why?

refrigeratorx
July 3rd, 2017, 11:50 AM
Definitely go with iPhone in my opinion. It may be a bit more expensive but it's definitely worth it. It runs really smoothly and I just can't get past the android interface and lack of compatibility to lots of other devices etc

Jamiec1130
July 3rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
Android is better IMHO. The S8 is a great phone, and iPhones generally slow down a LOT, even after less than a year of usage, where I have various Android devices, such as a Galaxy S4 that I could use as a daily driver compared to even a 6S.

Flapjack
July 3rd, 2017, 03:08 PM
Okayyy I also had a samsung s6 (mine died) and I am also deciding wheer to go s8 or iphone 7!! Personally I think the s8 is the better phone by milessss however the finger print scanner is on the back and that might be annoying but I suspect you will get used to it but the reason I am getting an iphone 7 is because all my friends want to track me on find my friends XD I would get the s8 otherwise!!

mattsmith48
July 3rd, 2017, 10:11 PM
You should go with an Iphone, they have less risk of blowing up or catching on fire ;P

ShineintheDark
July 4th, 2017, 08:08 AM
I have an S6 but have had both Apple and Samsung in my time. I find that Apple is best for compatibility with others and flashiness but Samsung hasd always been more reliable and long-lasting for me, since I find that iPhones slow down a lot over a short period of time as well as seem a lot more delicate to deal with

jdhud024
July 10th, 2017, 05:50 PM
I would go with a relatively stock Android phone like the Moto Z. I have a Moto Z Force and I love it better than a Samsung or LG phone.

I wouldn't go iPhone cause I hate iOS, and the battery on every iPhone ever is shit. My bigass battery on my Moto Z Force and the 1 hour recharge time has ruined every other phone for me.

Also the Moto Z Force has a 21 megapixel camera, which is outstanding. Dual cameras isn't practical IMO, if I want to do all the cool effects I'll just use my Nikon DSLR to do cool effects, which looks 100x better than the iPhone 7 Plus.

Only reason I would want an iPhone is because I use Mac as my main OS and I do like the Handoff features, but not enough to switch.