PDA

View Full Version : Want to be better friends with a specific guy but we only snapchat without caption

outback4
July 1st, 2017, 06:10 PM
There's this guy who goes to my school but is in another building because he's in a lower grade. We met through an extracurricular club and we're also in band but again he's in the younger one. He seems like a cool guy and the one time we met in person was on a bus ride back from the extracurricular thing where we talked for like 4-5 hours.

A few months later I added him on snapchat (I had originally followed him on Instagram during the bus ride) and we kind of just started a streak without talking about it. We don't just send streaks pictures, but continue to send pics back and forth, mostly selfies. The problem with this is that in 230 ish days of snapchatting we almost never use the caption thing for anything more than the word "streaks."

I'd like to get to know him better and be friends and I think our preexisting snapchat streak is a good way to do it, but I'm not sure how to get him to start chatting instead of just sending pictures. We don't run across each other anywhere really but we could see each other plenty if we wanted to.

Some people I know have said things before to their streajs they don't talk to such as "Hey streaks, let's actually start talking instead of just sending black screens" and I'm not sure if that would work here if I just sent it to him. Or maybe just sending him a "hey, do you want to actually talk instead of just sending pictures" message or something. Like I said, I don't see him much if ever so I don't need to worry about awkwardness, but I also don't want to lose the streak.

What do y'all think I should do?

Mars
July 1st, 2017, 06:24 PM
Maybe ?? Start ?? Talking ?? To ?? Him ??

Just start asking him in ur snaps how was your day, etc etc. Start small then gradually smooth into better conversations

Just JT
July 1st, 2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah sounds like you got yourselves into a comfortable way to not communicate all the time. Not how you get to know someone really.

I'd just say one day Ina message hey let's do something after school or on Saturday or something. Let's hang out or something. See what he says.

After all, he might be thinking the same as you, and not know how to break that silence to.

Stepping outside what's the "norm" now might feel uncomfortable. But if you want something you got to reach out for it bro

Welcome to VT btw, don't think we met yet. I'm JT

ska8er
July 1st, 2017, 07:22 PM
Tell him u like trading selfies but u
want to chat sometimes in order to
get to know each other better. Just
ask. If he really likes u and wants to
b friends he will go along with u. Tell
him also that u liked talking to him on
the long bus ride and u thought he was
Cool.

jamie_n5
July 3rd, 2017, 04:34 PM
I would just tell him and explain to him that you would like to chat and talk to each other to get to know each other along with sending some pictures. Tell him you really like him and want to work on getting closer and maybe a relationship. If you don't tell others how you feel and express yourself they will never know how you feel or what you want.

Flapjack
July 3rd, 2017, 05:04 PM
Send something interesting as a streak!! Like baking cake streaks or so bored streaks!! Something like that to start conversation!!! Good luck!! :)

ItsJustSomeone
July 3rd, 2017, 09:20 PM
Why don't you just start by saying something along the lines of hello? That's an easy way to start. You can tell him that you've been wanting to get to know him better for a while since you have such a long streak going on (or, maybe that 4-5 hour talk on the bus??). Asking questions, like how it's been going for him, or his interests. Add a subtle compliment about his personality or skills. From there, you can start to develop a closer connection, find mutual interests and become friends.

Besides, it's truly not as awkward as it seems. Believe me, a simple greeting can light up anyone's day, including yours. I know that's how I found my best friend. The world needs more kindness, after all. Good luck! ;)

azurzg
July 4th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Just send "How are you doing today" in one of your snaps