PDA

View Full Version : Average Time Going Through Puberty

Falcons_11
June 30th, 2017, 05:49 PM
What is the average time for boys and girls going through puberty?

I realize it's different for all people. But is there any average length of time?

How do you know when it starts and ends?

ska8er
June 30th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Idk if u can determine when puberty
ends but I think once ur in ur 20s it
should b over already so ive been told.

Karkat
June 30th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Usually a decade or so. It usually starts in late childhood/preteens to early/mid teens and ends in your early twenties

Although after about 18/19 it honestly (from what I've seen/experienced/read) is hardly even noticeable

It's mostly just your brain getting to where it needs to be, your eyes/skeleton/other boring body parts figuring out what they're more or less gonna be like from then on, and such.

jamie_n5
June 30th, 2017, 09:08 PM
I would say the average would be 10-20 years old.

scott2002
July 1st, 2017, 06:53 AM
What is your definition of "puberty"? I read (maybe it was on Wikipedia but I don't remember for sure) that "puberty" officially means the person has reached "sexual maturity", meaning the girl can get pregnant and the boy can make a girl pregnant. It said girls are considered to reach puberty at age 12 and boys at age 14.
If ur talking about sex changes, for guys I'd say it starts when we see our first pubic hairs (age 10 or 11?) and ends when we gotta shave our face every day. (I'm 15 and have a long way to go on the end point. I don't have anything on my face to shave yet.)

Falcons_11
July 1st, 2017, 09:46 PM
What is your definition of "puberty"? I read (maybe it was on Wikipedia but I don't remember for sure) that "puberty" officially means the person has reached "sexual maturity", meaning the girl can get pregnant and the boy can make a girl pregnant. It said girls are considered to reach puberty at age 12 and boys at age 14.
If ur talking about sex changes, for guys I'd say it starts when we see our first pubic hairs (age 10 or 11?) and ends when we gotta shave our face every day. (I'm 15 and have a long way to go on the end point. I don't have anything on my face to shave yet.)

Thanks Scott....

I was talking about the time our bodies start to change like when boys get their pubic hair and girls begin growing their breasts (I'm not familiar with when girls start to change..). I know we all start changing at different ages and end puberty at different ages.

pauly
July 2nd, 2017, 10:21 AM
I started puberty when I was just under 12 years old and I reckon I might be almost half way through. So for me it's probably going to take about 5 years. But everyone is different.
My first sign was my penis starting to grow, then my voice started cracking when I spoke. From age 12-13 I grew a lot in height. But just like I said, everybody's different.

Orange Kenny
July 2nd, 2017, 06:36 PM
Average time would probably be between 11 and 20 y/o.

Andyyy95
August 6th, 2017, 05:07 AM
It varies from person to person - some people start early (8-9) and finish early (say 15-16), whilst there are those that start late (say 15-16) and finish early. Likewise, some can start late and finish late (e.g. early 20's).

I'd say I started late and finished early.

LITTLEANGEL16
August 6th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I would say the average would be 10 - 20. I did not start puberty until 13.