PDA

View Full Version : ADD and Violent Thoughts...?

nonamejim
March 1st, 2014, 01:31 AM
I think I made a mistake posting this. This is no longer an issue for me and I don't want this post to come back and haunt me in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

ksdnfkfr
March 1st, 2014, 02:12 AM
That's not due to ADHD. ADHD might might run with it, but I think it's a separate issue. Since you are willing to talk to your folks and get therapy, I think you should just cut to the chase and do that, instead of putting yourself through a lot of misery and then doing it. I've had therapy for similar issues and it did wonders in helping me deal with it and get through it. I started off by talking to a school counselor, who pretty much knew what was causing my behavior right off the bat - because he'd counseled so many other kids with similar issues.

nonamejim
March 1st, 2014, 02:20 AM
Yeah that's probably my best bet... I'll see if I can set something up. Can I ask what it was for you?

ksdnfkfr
March 1st, 2014, 02:34 AM
Self harm and anger issues. What caused it is complex life history stuff. That's why I needed the counseling / therapy, to help unravel it.

Karkat
March 7th, 2014, 01:10 AM
That's not due to ADHD. ADHD might might run with it, but I think it's a separate issue. Since you are willing to talk to your folks and get therapy, I think you should just cut to the chase and do that, instead of putting yourself through a lot of misery and then doing it. I've had therapy for similar issues and it did wonders in helping me deal with it and get through it. I started off by talking to a school counselor, who pretty much knew what was causing my behavior right off the bat - because he'd counseled so many other kids with similar issues.

Self harm and anger issues. What caused it is complex life history stuff. That's why I needed the counseling / therapy, to help unravel it.

Huge amount of agreement/relating to what Ezra said.

I have SEVERE anger issues, possible BPD, possible OCD/OCD tendencies, bipolar/bipolar related disorder, which can all factor into these types of feelings.

But really. SEVERE anger problems. I get so worked up and upset over (potentially SIMPLE) things that I literally cause myself to pass out. I've raised my pulse to frightening levels when I've gotten angry before.