PDA

View Full Version : Reading public (and anecdotal) recordeds

Kooy
June 29th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Latly i been reading public police and medical records (along with the off the record stories from cops, hotline volunteers, and doctors on sites like reddit) of suicides and self harm. I don't know why when I get pulled down in a slump i get drown to that sort of content, but knowing the what's happening on the other side is always eye opening. I mean it can click personally at times, and I guess there is some education aspect but the main subject is well morbid. It always comes down to seaking stories from the other side as appose to the story of someone who sent themselves to the er or got out in a delta center. I want to know what the doctors go though and deal with. Suicide calls, police stories from those always fascinate me. Hot line valenters… ive never trusted to call a hot line number. Ive always felt im not important enough and would be in thenway of a more important emergency. Reading stories from valenters that actually had deaths on call are heartbreaking.

I normally only have interest in these topics when im really down. I don't understand why it feels like im getting pulled so to speak to them but i lose interest in everything but i can dedicate hours reading these topics.

Does anyone else do this or is this some wired thing i have an odd obsession with?

lliam
August 5th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Now and then I also read such stuff. Google usually lists such reports, etc. by chance, when I research a certain topic on the Internet.

But since this is usually coincidence, your case is slightly different.

You say you're doing this only when you're down. I can accept this just as a very consequential curiosity. Under certain circumstances you can gain the insight that you aren't such down as you believe to be down, just by reading similar examples, which reflect your currently emotional state.

So it's a normal human reaction, i guess.

But it becomes pathologically, only when you reach the addicted level to such stuff in a certain way.

I don't think that something you schould worry about. I guess, that'll never happen.

jamie_n5
August 5th, 2017, 06:32 PM
I like to read all kinds of subjects online and other too. It is interesting and educational too. I would say whatever improves your mood and lifts your spirits is a good way for you. Mine is putting on a CD of my favorites music and listen to that.