PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to like and be attracted to people on the larger side?

JacoboBlandonPineda
June 29th, 2017, 12:05 AM
We all know that thin people are considered more physically attractive than those who weigh more, and most people say that fatter people are uglier, more unappealing.

I'm the opposite here. Since when I have memory, I've always been fascinated by those who are chubby, I've always thought bigger girls were just as pretty as thinner ones. I never understood why people couldn't love them, when they (technically) have more to love.

Also ever since I've had memory, I've been ashamed of that fact. Fat people are so vilified as ugly, unlovable people by society, that I thought I was a broken pervert, that I had the worst and most ridiculous attraction ever, that I was sick.

But I learned with time that it was just an attraction like anything else, it's actually more normal than I thought, but I still think I'm fucked up or something. After all, it isn't the norm and isn't supposed to.

So I wanted to know, do you think that too? Do you have this attraction too? If so, are you ashamed of it?

rioo
June 29th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Not for sexualy, but yes for friend. All my friends who is 'larger' always nice to me.

ShineintheDark
June 29th, 2017, 08:25 AM
It's perfectly normal to have preferences about who you find attractive. Just because a lot of people prefer thin people doesn't mean you have to

mick01
June 29th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Honestly, this is the first I've ever heard that overweight people were considered unattractive or unlovable. That's just not something that's a part of the world I live in. So if you are attracted to larger people, that seems fine and normal to me.

zac2004
June 30th, 2017, 04:33 AM
i like thin girls, but some fat girls, when you talk to them they can be very nice and then you don't care as much, but what you are talking about is a fat fetish. you like fat chicks more power to you, there lots out there, esp is the USA

But fat guys, then don't get any love from the girls, kinda of a double standard.

Just JT
July 1st, 2017, 07:31 AM
I'm not attracted to large people sexually, but also don't hold anything against them. There people just mike me and you, have feelings, desires, opinions etc. so their personality can be the greatest thing about them. Never know. And I think it's pretty normal to be attracted to them, like any other characteristic people have. So go for it.

azurzg
July 3rd, 2017, 12:28 PM
Some people *are* attracted to fat people. Perhaps it's not a popular trend (a fashionable things to say there days), but I think many people are. Some of my friends are.

And yes, I also think it is perfectly OK to use the word "fat", especially if you use it to mean "sexy".

Flapjack
July 3rd, 2017, 03:29 PM
Omg attraction is such a personal thing!! Some like blondes some like brunettes and some like bigger people and some like smaller people!! Honestly there is nothing wrong with liking bigger people and in some cultures that is the mainstream!! I personally however find myself attracted to personality and then when I fancy them I find them really pretty when I didn't before soooo I don't have a type personally :)

You do you boo!!:)

jamie_n5
July 3rd, 2017, 04:12 PM
You are normal so don't think any other way. There are many people that are attracted to larger people and desire them over normal size or thin people. There is nothing wrong or weird with that in any way. So you do what makes you happy and don't worry about it.

TheSmokingMan
July 8th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Of course it's normal. You're attracted to a person. Not how much they weigh or how they look. But the person under it all. That's the attraction.

Niceguy17
July 10th, 2017, 08:55 AM
You should be attracted to people for their personality. Not their size or shape. Some people can not help it. Some people have their genetics from their family. Or have a eating disorder. When you're with someone and you're both 60 years old you're not going to be skin tight and attractive. You're going to want someone who actually has a good personality and cares about you, not someone who's only good in the sheets. Never judge a book by it's cover, it's literally what's on the inside that matters.

NerdSquared
July 10th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Well, I don't know if it is normal, but I've felt the same way about heavier girls, so dunno. Glad to see someone else shares my strange preference. I am a little ashamed of it actually, but at the same time I know I shouldn't be.

Melodic
July 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM
It's normal for someone to find an overweight person unattractive and it's normal for someone to find an overweight person attractive. Let's just end this debate right here, people are attracted to different characteristics but every single one of us have a characteristic or two that we're not personally attracted to. Body type is one that is argued commonly but it shouldn't be an argument. It's completely normal to be attracted & not attracted to a person.

TheSmokingMan
July 10th, 2017, 09:28 PM
It's normal for someone to find an overweight person unattractive and it's normal for someone to find an overweight person attractive. Let's just end this debate right here, people are attracted to different characteristics but every single one of us have a characteristic or two that we're not personally attracted to. Body type is one that is argued commonly but it shouldn't be an argument. It's completely normal to be attracted & not attracted to a person.

YES! Resounding yes.