PDA

View Full Version : Could this online relationship work?

newyorker
June 28th, 2017, 02:48 AM
I just recently met a guy on tumblr and i had a crush on him right off the bat he's really cute and likes similar things as me and so I messaged him and we started talking and that talking became flirting in the past few days. I think he might like me but the only issue is he lives in New York and I live in California... should I even attempt to make something out of this or what should I do?

ShineintheDark
June 28th, 2017, 05:14 AM
If yopu're both interested, feel free to have an online/long-distance relationship though in my opinion and experience, it hardly ever works out for longer than maybe a few weeks if you really push it

Orange Kenny
June 28th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Yeap it usually doesn't work. I mean there's hype at first but then it kind of wears off. It could be better if you tried to meet with him, I mean, you would at least have a close experience. But make sure first that he is in fact what he says he is. It's the Internet, after all...

mick01
June 28th, 2017, 12:18 PM
There's no harm in trying to make it work. If you're into each other that much, give it a try.

jamie_n5
June 28th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Long distance relationships are really hard to maintain but they can work too. It is like any other relationship except for the distance and not being able to be physically together. Try it and see how things go.

Feraligatr
June 30th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Sometimes long distance is hard, but I think it can work.

zac2004
June 30th, 2017, 04:29 AM
long distance never works

Poeka125
June 30th, 2017, 05:00 PM
long distance never works

I have no first hand experience but I wouldn't say ever. Applies to everything you know, because there is always exceptions.

Lukas1999
July 2nd, 2017, 12:01 AM
My girlfriend and me are in a long distance relationship too. We know each other for about a year and we are in a relationship for about 8 months.

You see that relationships can work. We doch not only text each other and do skype calls together. And we metzler each other too.

Problems I see here would be the different time zones. If you want to meet each other I think it would be better if you go by plane.

I hope I was able to help you.

Abyssal Echo
July 2nd, 2017, 12:23 AM
I don't want to rain on your parade.... I've been in several LDR none of them worked out..

hjhj
July 2nd, 2017, 01:17 AM
It could work but there's a chance it couldn't. It's like darts. You could hit a bullseye or completely miss the board. I'd still say to go for it but be somewhat prepared for things to go south

Chaosphere
July 3rd, 2017, 11:12 PM
I just recently met a guy on tumblr and i had a crush on him right off the bat he's really cute and likes similar things as me and so I messaged him and we started talking and that talking became flirting in the past few days. I think he might like me but the only issue is he lives in New York and I live in California... should I even attempt to make something out of this or what should I do?
Honestly, it depends on you. I personally couldn't do something like that, I value physicality, the ability to feel and be with my partner. If you can manage the distance, and just chatting over Skype or something, then go for it, just make sure that he can as well, otherwise one or both of you might get hurt.