PDA

View Full Version : Urethroplasty caused an issue

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Okay people have said much worce then what imma about to so imma be less restrictive then I normally would be.

Before surgery I could get completely erect. No issue and fast. After the surgery it was bigger because of sweeling. That was uncomfortable, the catheter didn't help. After the catheter was removed i started getting issues (not that im trying anything im still in the 6 moth range for it to heal) it doesn't get as hard as it would. And it takes forever for it to. And normally it stops around the 2 inch mark and im small enough as it is, it is, this just makes it worse. Ii don't know if its just im alittle cut open at the moment or the surgery messed something up. I don't know if it will be better after they close me back together in 3 months. But im concerned that it doesn't function properly anymore (not that it really did to begin with but.. That didn't involve this)

Just JT
June 25th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Can I ask what kinda surgery you had and how long ago you had it?

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Can I ask what kinda surgery you had and how long ago you had it?

I had an urethroplasty and 4 months ago

Just JT
June 25th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Found this, lospts of info to read up on

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethroplasty

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Found this, lospts of info to read up on

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethroplasty

Erectile dysfunction was in the complications list.... Oh joy.....

Chaosphere
June 25th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Erectile dysfunction was in the complications list.... Oh joy.....
Maybe it is ED, but I would highly doubt it. Just wait until you've left the recovery period, and if you're still having issues, then go to a doctor. Look, you were more or less cut open, and you're still sore. Any kind of pain in the region of your genitals will be magnified by their very nature, and erections will become difficult. You have no reason to worry at the moment. Just give your body time to recover.

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Maybe it is ED, but I would highly doubt it. Just wait until you've left the recovery period, and if you're still having issues, then go to a doctor. Look, you were more or less cut open, and you're still sore. Any kind of pain in the region of your genitals will be magnified by their very nature, and erections will become difficult. You have no reason to worry at the moment. Just give your body time to recover.

Okay… Thank you.

Chaosphere
June 25th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Okay… Thank you.
Of course. Feel free to send me a message personally or to continue in this thread if your issues continue and you want some guidance. We'll do our best.

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Of course. Feel free to send me a message personally or to continue in this thread if your issues continue and you want some guidance. We'll do our best.

Alright

Just JT
June 26th, 2017, 12:27 AM
As Chaosphere said. You just need to heal and get better first. Sounds kinda early to be worried about this tbh. It'll all come back ok I'm sure. Just relax and chill. Talk to the doc to.
And I'm here to chat to. In forum or pm

Matryoshkasystem
June 26th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Also from someone who had to recover from tons of surgeries-and still needs some help in fixing certain problems- this is to be expected. Look I don't know much about this but if the muscle wasn't used-or was directly influenced- then you can be sure there will be problems. Since,without use, the muscle loses it's strength. Trust me I had to re-learn-for the umpteenth time- to walk when I was five. My muscles were extremley weak,not cause they were cut into, but due to a lack of use in that small gap of time. Plus, since you ae still recovering muscles will be messed up-swollen,sore,damaged- until after the recovery time.

Hermes
June 26th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Reading the Wikipedia article it sounds like you had Johansen's urethroplasty. The article doesn't really go into sufficient detail. I wonder if it might be the case that erection relies not just on the corpus cavernosa expanding due to the inrease in blood within but also on that expansion being constrained by the outer sheath of the penis being in-tact, If so then hopefully it will all work properly when the bottom edge of your penis is closed up.

It does seem slightly concerning that you have been signed up for what appears to be delicate and lengthy surgery without someone having gone through the risks and benefits as well as what to expect during healing, For an expert view you really do need to the view of a urological surgeon.

jamie_n5
June 28th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Well I surely would discuss this with your urologist and find out what he or she says. It is most likely because you aren't complete with the procedure entirely. Why did you need a Urethroplasty at such a young age? Wow, I just read all the information from the site provided here and it looks like a serious and delicate procedure. I so much feel for you and hope and pray for a speedy and complete recovery.

Kooy
July 11th, 2017, 08:28 AM
As Chaosphere said. You just need to heal and get better first. Sounds kinda early to be worried about this tbh. It'll all come back ok I'm sure. Just relax and chill. Talk to the doc to.
And I'm here to chat to. In forum or pm

Okay

Also from someone who had to recover from tons of surgeries-and still needs some help in fixing certain problems- this is to be expected. Look I don't know much about this but if the muscle wasn't used-or was directly influenced- then you can be sure there will be problems. Since,without use, the muscle loses it's strength. Trust me I had to re-learn-for the umpteenth time- to walk when I was five. My muscles were extremley weak,not cause they were cut into, but due to a lack of use in that small gap of time. Plus, since you ae still recovering muscles will be messed up-swollen,sore,damaged- until after the recovery time.

It's starting to get a bit more normal (to me) now so I think you are right.

Reading the Wikipedia article it sounds like you had Johansen's urethroplasty. The article doesn't really go into sufficient detail. I wonder if it might be the case that erection relies not just on the corpus cavernosa expanding due to the inrease in blood within but also on that expansion being constrained by the outer sheath of the penis being in-tact, If so then hopefully it will all work properly when the bottom edge of your penis is closed up.

It does seem slightly concerning that you have been signed up for what appears to be delicate and lengthy surgery without someone having gone through the risks and benefits as well as what to expect during healing, For an expert view you really do need to the view of a urological surgeon.

They had gone over it all with me… bit as soon as that was done i got pumped with so much anistesta I didn't wake up till the next day (how the stuff reacts with my body they have to give me alot or I don't go to sleep)

Well I surely would discuss this with your urologist and find out what he or she says. It is most likely because you aren't complete with the procedure entirely. Why did you need a Urethroplasty at such a young age? Wow, I just read all the information from the site provided here and it looks like a serious and delicate procedure. I so much feel for you and hope and pray for a speedy and complete recovery.

I was born hypospadias. When I was born they would use the forskin to make a urethra (because with this defect you don't have one) and well the forskin is BAD to use as a urethra. I was in and out of surgery for micro mangment. They sent me all the way to Duke University Hospital, where they said had one of the best urologist and pedeurologist (i had 2 surgons and yeah one was a paediatrician) according to them i could have lost the ability to use the bathroom if i hadn't had this surgery. So much was wrong with my urethra that they didn't know how i used it to begin with i had a stricter creating stones, 'cronchic' infection, hair... And the amount if scar tissue was apparently damageiging things. They had to cut it all out.

LRSSS02
July 12th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Once you are fully healed, check back

elmoc
July 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Hi Kooy,
My dad is a urologist that has a subspecialty in pediatric urology. I showed him your post, as well as the answers & asked if he could help answer your post.

Like all docs, his first sentence was "I would really need to examine him first. Are there any pictures before & after the urethroplasty?" I told him we cannot post pics on this website. I pushed him harder for information:
" From his description, it appears that his hypospadias had the urethra below the glans. In this situation, it usually requires a series of surgeries to produce a penis that voids (pees) toward the distal (end) portion of his phallus. I once worked with 12 yr old twins that both had a similar situation. Along with forming a urethra, we are very careful to spare the frenulum (the area that is the sensitive area below the bottom of the head of the penis) nerves, so that sexual function, orgasm, & ejaculation can occur normally. He should talk to his urologist, perhaps after asking his mother to step out of the room. The doctor wants a fully functional penis, so Kooy's urologist needs to know about this concern. If Kloos was able to masturbate to an orgasm, even if he is too young to ejaculate, he should be able to orgasm after the surgeries. One important thing for him to know is that swelling at the surgical site can effect the erection & orgasm for 90 days or more."

The words in parentheses are my attempt to convert his medical words into something we might understand.

Feel free to PM me if you wish, but the best solution is to talk frankly with your surgeon. He/she might think you are too young to know or care about your concerns, but dad added, "It's his penis & he has the right ask the doctor anything he wants!"

I hope this is helpful & not too vague,
Elmoc