PDA

View Full Version : Talking to girls.

Nadin
June 25th, 2017, 02:43 PM
I have a huge problem and that is talking with people,specially girls.
The longest conversation that I had with a girl is when a waitress who is 16 asked me what coffee do I want,literally.
Even that was cringy as hell,I also have a problem talking with boys too but it's not as bad as it is with girls.
One other problem is that I have nothing to talk about since 99.99% of teens talk about cars,girls,video games,likes on social media etc..
In short words everyone cares about stuff that I never cared about.
How can get better at talking and keeping eye contact?That's the first thing I want to work on and than I'll try to find at least someone who has similar interests.

lliam
June 25th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Just by practising.

And maybe it's a good idea to talk with girls who share your interests.

Anyway, you should start with the girls who already know you, and who don't just pass when you meet'em somewhere.

Start with the usuals:

Hello!

How are you?

What are you doing ...

etc

And for the beginning just saying "Hi!" whilst holding a volatile eye contact seems enough. Seconds can count eternity. ^^

The more you do so, the more self-evident it is to keep eye contact.

And presumably, the girls in your social environment will find you more open-minded or such over time. Some of'em maybe stop walking .. just for a smalltalk with you now and then.

Nadin
June 25th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Just by practising.

And maybe it's a good idea to talk with girls who share your interests.

Anyway, you should start with the girls who already know you, and who don't just pass when you meet'em somewhere.

Start with the usuals:

Hello!

How are you?

What are you doing ...

etc

And for the beginning just saying "Hi!" whilst holding a volatile eye contact seems enough. Seconds can count eternity. ^^

The more you do so, the more self-evident it is to keep eye contact.

And presumably, the girls in your social environment will find you more open-minded or such over time. Some of'em maybe stop walking .. just for a smalltalk with you now and then.

I don't know any girls personally so that that is not an option regarding talking with a girl who I already know.I agree on your other suggestions,that's what was I planning to do.

Endeavour
June 25th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Puberty for Boys :arrow: Family and Friends

lliam
June 25th, 2017, 03:40 PM
IMO, this option applies definitely to you.

cause ...

.... with "knowing you" I didn't mean that these girls may know you personally, but just knowing you by sight. And vice versa that goes for you too, of course.

Nadin
June 25th, 2017, 06:49 PM
I'll try but I highly doubt it will end well.

Just JT
June 25th, 2017, 07:22 PM
It's called practice bro

Nadin
June 26th, 2017, 09:53 AM
It's called practice bro

I tried today and it ended as I expected.The whole conversation was a clusterfuck.I'll try again but I definitely need an advice from a girl as they know what girls like to talk about.

Chaosphere
June 28th, 2017, 02:07 AM
I have a huge problem and that is talking with people,specially girls.
The longest conversation that I had with a girl is when a waitress who is 16 asked me what coffee do I want,literally.
Even that was cringy as hell,I also have a problem talking with boys too but it's not as bad as it is with girls.
One other problem is that I have nothing to talk about since 99.99% of teens talk about cars,girls,video games,likes on social media etc..
In short words everyone cares about stuff that I never cared about.
How can get better at talking and keeping eye contact?That's the first thing I want to work on and than I'll try to find at least someone who has similar interests.
Honestly, confidence is going to be the best thing to increase your ability to keep eye contact and continue conversations. I think you have your priorities mixed up a bit, through practice and interaction, especially with girls that you don't want to date, you can help yourself come out of your shell. It's kind of like a slope, once you've taken that first step, your efforts snowball. Just join a small club, something to do with your interests like science, math, or civilization, and practice that way. You will find it much easier to talk at length if you have knowledge and interest in the subject. Do that, and eye contact and everything will come AFTER.

Chaosphere
June 28th, 2017, 02:08 AM
I tried today and it ended as I expected.The whole conversation was a clusterfuck.I'll try again but I definitely need an advice from a girl as they know what girls like to talk about.
Lol, it's not like all girls are the same. They want to talk about what they want to talk about. Their interests differ just like ours.