PDA

View Full Version : I want the next presidential candidate to be unifying and inspiring!

ModerateFuturist
June 23rd, 2017, 03:26 AM
Both Trump and Hillary Clinton seem to want to insult each other! I want the next president to be unifying and inspiring! Not mean!

I would want a war hero who became an astronaut with these beliefs to run in 2024!

-Pro Military

-Pro Israel

-Rebuild infrastructure

-Gun ownership but with safeguards to stop wackos from getting their hands on firearms

-Not all Muslims are bad but fully committed to the utter destruction of the radical islamist ideology. Radical Islam is a threat to the future of humanity

-Reject the extremism of the SJWs and alt right

-End the war on drugs

-Force the private prison industry to fund a massive government intervention in the inner cities to stop children from desiring the gang lifestyle

-Promote enthusiasm for a brighter future filled with space travel, space exploration, and cool technology

-Restore America's faith in science. Vaccines are safe.

-Do not impede progress on the development of clean energy technology

-Fund programs that promote freedom, democracy, and education in third world nations

-People who work but do not have healthcare should have healthcare

-Civil Rights Act expanded to LGBT persons

-Help the working class attain college educations

ShineintheDark
June 23rd, 2017, 07:25 AM
It's a shame that we're very unklikely to get anyone who can fit all criteria but I would like to point out that candidates who did meet more of these than Clinton and Trump did arise (*ahem* Bernie *ahem*) and we just need to put more emphasis on people and their personal ideas than name recognition and slander.

refrigeratorx
June 23rd, 2017, 09:41 AM
No candidate will ever be perfect. Even I don't agree with everything you listed. But of course with any person there are going to be trade offs. Especially when (at least in the US) we doomed ourselves to this problematic two party system.

Leprous
June 23rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Pro Isreal and end the war on drugs. I'm sorry but that doesn't exactly sound rational. Especially the 2nd one. Yeah let them all have their coke and shit, let's just make all the drugs legal. Also, I'd be more worried about climate change rejecters than vaccine ones.

DriveAlive
June 23rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
Double down on supporting Israel and be even more pro-gun, plus cut taxes and reform agriculture and you have my vote.

mattsmith48
June 23rd, 2017, 11:30 AM
Both Trump and Hillary Clinton seem to want to insult each other! I want the next president to be unifying and inspiring! Not mean!

Just want to point out that it is very likely the next president will be Mike Pence. You should say the next elected president.

I would want a war hero who became an astronaut with these beliefs to run in 2024!

Does that even exist? And the next election is 2020.

-Pro Military

What does that even mean?

-Pro Israel

Wouldn't peace in the Middle East be better?

Gun ownership but with safeguards to stop wackos from getting their hands on firearms

Good luck getting that.

Not all Muslims are bad but fully committed to the utter destruction of the radical islamist ideology. Radical Islam is a threat to the future of humanity

So do nothing productive on this.

Force the private prison industry to fund a massive government intervention in the inner cities to stop children from desiring the gang lifestyle

Wait you guys have private prisons? No wonder you have the highest incarceration rate in the world.

-End the war on drugs

In a country with private prisons good luck with that.

-Promote enthusiasm for a brighter future filled with space travel, space exploration, and cool technology

Cool

-Restore America's faith in science. Vaccines are safe.

What about climate change #MakeAmericaNotStupidAgain

-Do not impede progress on the development of clean energy technology

What about accelerating the switch to clean energy. Since you know by the time of the next election the US would have wasted four years on climate change and possibility become the most polluting country in the world.

-People who work but do not have healthcare should have healthcare

What about people who don't work they deserve to not die too?

-Civil Rights Act expanded to LGBT persons

In a country that religious, it would be entertaining to see people try to fight this.

-Help the working class attain college educations

With free college for everyone.

So your perfect candidate would do anything for the 3 most important issues facing your country? Climate change, legalized corruption and extremely shitty electoral system.

Pro Isreal and end the war on drugs. I'm sorry but that doesn't exactly sound rational. Especially the 2nd one. Yeah let them all have their coke and shit, let's just make all the drugs legal. Also, I'd be more worried about climate change rejecters than vaccine ones.

Well legalizing all drugs is the best way to do it

Double down on supporting Israel and be even more pro-gun, plus cut taxes and reform agriculture and you have my vote.

And how is this different from Trump?

Babs
June 23rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
okay

Phosphene
June 23rd, 2017, 12:48 PM
OP banned :locked: