PDA

View Full Version : Girls clothing

swimjoey1
June 22nd, 2017, 04:16 PM
I went to my local drop in volleyball at the community centre near my home. People there are age from from 16 to like maybe 30 or older. There was this girl that I near seen before was playing. I am guessing she is at least 25 she had a tight spandex top and was not wearing a bra. Why do girls to that I can see her nipples the whole time. And being a teenage boy that does not help getting an erection the whole time. Why do girls do that? Did she do it on purpose?

refrigeratorx
June 22nd, 2017, 04:20 PM
Because women don't have to dress a certain way just so boys don't get aroused. They can wear whatever they want just like men do. She wore it most likely because she is most comfortable to play volleyball in those clothes.

Taryn98
June 22nd, 2017, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a sports bra. You don't wear a regular bra under a sports bra.

Anniebanannie
June 22nd, 2017, 07:31 PM
She's not doing anything TO you. You're responsible for your own actions and reactions.

Nadin
June 22nd, 2017, 07:40 PM
I agree with what everyone said so far.
You ask did she do it on purpose?
The only logical explanation is that she did it intentionally to distract male counterparts so you miss the ball every time.:)

ska8er
June 22nd, 2017, 07:50 PM
I'm sure she wants guys to notice her. Do u
like looking at her? If u don't then try to avoid
her. Wherever we go there r distractions that may
cause us to get aroused. Its hormones fueling our
fire. It goes with puberty and its something we cant
help.

Elysium
June 22nd, 2017, 09:17 PM
Puberty for All :arrow: Fashion

I agree with what most people have said so far. Women's clothing isn't always up to par in a lot of ways - a sports bra might make doing physical activity more comfortable, but be kind of flimsy and/or thin, for example.

So, to answer your question, she was wearing what she was wearing because it sounds like pretty typical attire for women doing sports or other physical activities.

Babs
June 23rd, 2017, 12:00 AM
Did she nefariously rub her palms together as she plotted to give a teenage boy an erection? Probably not. It's more likely that it was the most practical thing she had for playing sports. Tiddies fly everywhere during physical activity and it actually really hurts when they do that, so womens sportswear is designed to compress the breasts to the chest to keep them in place, which is why sports bras are so tight.
So chill out because it was just an outfit someone you don't know was wearing.

refrigeratorx
June 23rd, 2017, 09:54 AM
I can't stop thinking about this it's actually really bothering me lol. I know u meant no harm with this question but I just frustrates me that people might think like this.

Boys/men with this line of thinking are the reason girls have strict dress codes that get them sent home for showing their shoulders (wearing spaghetti straps or whatever else). Schools say it's a "distraction for education/boys". Yet sending them home distracts their education process because protecting the fragile hormones of boys is more important than the girl just existing in comfortable clothes.

This woman was just wearing something that helped her perform better and be more comfortable yet you assume she is doing that to get attention or impress boys. Like she might not even be straight, it's time for men to learn that Not. Everything. Is. About. Men. This isn't the 1700s. Learn to control yourself. Women know how to do it. Catch up.

Elysium
June 23rd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Did she nefariously rub her palms together as she plotted to give a teenage boy an erection? Probably not. It's more likely that it was the most practical thing she had for playing sports. Tiddies fly everywhere during physical activity and it actually really hurts when they do that, so womens sportswear is designed to compress the breasts to the chest to keep them in place, which is why sports bras are so tight.
So chill out because it was just an outfit someone you don't know was wearing.
This made me laugh :lol:

I don't really have much to add, though. You guys said it better than I could.

I think the bottom line here is it's not a ploy for attention and it's disrespectful to think of it as such.

Amethyst Rose
June 23rd, 2017, 03:07 PM
I agree 100% with what the above posters have said. Hormones can be hard to control sometimes, I get that. But it's selfish to expect others to dress in accordance with your demands. Comfort shouldn't have to be sacrificed because of unnecessary sexualization.

How about we repeal female dress codes and, instead of placing limits on what females wear for comfort, send anyone who gawks at their exposed shoulders/cleavage/etc for too long home until they can gain some self-control?

EvaNL
June 24th, 2017, 06:18 AM
I read this article and thought of this thread.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/23/my-fiance-was-kicked-out-of-the-pool-for-wearing-a-one-piece-suit/

A woman in Tennessee was kicked out of a pool because of her bathing suit.

I don't know if pictures are allowed here, but pictures of the woman wearing her one piece bathing suit are on the above website. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that bathing suit. It covers up everything perfectly.

A woman was kicked out of a pool, because "there were teenage boys in the complex and there was no need to excite them". Seriously, what?!
A better solution would be to expell those excited boys until they got their hormones in check.

I know there are plenty of ways for women to excite teenage boys, and wearing a skimpy bathing suit is one of them, but this bathing suit is anything but skimpy. That building manager should go to any random beach some day. He'd see much "worse" than this bathing suit.
Ridiculous!

Desdemona
June 25th, 2017, 04:46 PM
I read this article and thought of this thread.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/23/my-fiance-was-kicked-out-of-the-pool-for-wearing-a-one-piece-suit/

A woman in Tennessee was kicked out of a pool because of her bathing suit.

I don't know if pictures are allowed here, but pictures of the woman wearing her one piece bathing suit are on the above website. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that bathing suit. It covers up everything perfectly.

A woman was kicked out of a pool, because "there were teenage boys in the complex and there was no need to excite them". Seriously, what?!
A better solution would be to expell those excited boys until they got their hormones in check.

I know there are plenty of ways for women to excite teenage boys, and wearing a skimpy bathing suit is one of them, but this bathing suit is anything but skimpy. That building manager should go to any random beach some day. He'd see much "worse" than this bathing suit.
Ridiculous!

It seems no better than the Islamic mindset that women must cover themselves because men can't be expected to concentrate and control their lust otherwise. I think better of men than that. At least of REAL men. Not about someone who can't handle beautiful women in pubic - those aren't men.

/D

shy_indian_chick
June 25th, 2017, 09:41 PM
It seems no better than the Islamic mindset that women must cover themselves because men can't be expected to concentrate and control their lust otherwise. I think better of men than that. At least of REAL men. Not about someone who can't handle beautiful women in pubic - those aren't men.

/D

I fully agree that fundamentalist Islam promotes certain ideals that are based on incredibly antiquated notions, but that isn't the rationale that Islam (officially) gives for requiring women to dress a certain way. It certainly does create a sexually repressed attitude to the point that going out in public (in Muslim countries) without a headscarf will likely attract the attention of men who will leer at you, at least in my experience when I've visited family in Pakistan. The rationale given in the Qu'ran, however, is much simpler: it's about modesty. That's the reason why many Muslim women interpret it differently - some will wear only a hijab (headscarf), others will wear a full niqab (burka). Some others will adapt these rules to modern times (like wearing a headscarf over Western-style clothing that still covers the body). And then others who will argue that modesty is a state of mind and has nothing to do with clothing.

note: I'm not Muslim myself, but my family is South Asian, and thus we have several family friends who are.