PDA

View Full Version : I like someone. Don't know what to do.

TheHidden
June 22nd, 2017, 02:31 PM
It's pretty much a long story.
When I turned 15 I realized that I liked boys. It was hard to accept but I do now.
Last year I moved to a new school for my last two years of high school. I saw this guy, didn't know who he was but caught my eye somehow. I went through his Instagram account to know more about him. I followed him and then he followed back (he really doesn't seem to be picky about whom he follows back) Then I discovered that he has such a nice music taste, he is funny and all. He is gay too.
I've heard lots of things about him and those just makes me feel a stronger bond to him, even though I don't know him personally.
But there's a problem. In person, he doesn't talk to (almost) anyone at all. He is friend of a friend of mine. I don't know if that's because he doesn't like people or if he doesn't care about anyone or if he is shy... But the thing is that he doesn't.
I know that there are a bunch of guys who like him and other ones who tried to go out or talk to him and he just rejects them.
The only contact I've had with him is through glances, which we both encountered by coincidence.
I've reached to the conclusion that I just have to forget him, I don't even know who he is to like him that much but I just feel like I have a strong fond to him. I don't know if it's obsession or something but... I don't know. I have deleted my Instagram so as not to be able to see anything from him, but even though I have done that I just can't forget.
Any advise?
(BTW I am not a native speaker, sorry If there are any mistakes or If you don't understand something?

Amethyst Rose
June 22nd, 2017, 02:41 PM
TheHidden First of all, welcome to the site! On to your question - you really should talk to him in person. Don't dismiss his distance as disinterest, maybe he's too shy to approach you himself. Knowing already that you have things in common should help you strike up a conversation. You could also ask your friend who is friends with him what this guy is like so you have an idea of what to expect if/when you initiate a conversation with him. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

lolaa
June 22nd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Oh c'mon , don't give up so easily
in the end you really never know , maybe he will say yes
but if you're still not sure just try to be friends , tell that friend of yours to introduce you to him so you can get to know him . if you give up now you'll just regret it
good luck and keep us posted :)

TheHidden
June 22nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
TheHidden First of all, welcome to the site! On to your question - you really should talk to him in person. Don't dismiss his distance as disinterest, maybe he's too shy to approach you himself. Knowing already that you have things in common should help you strike up a conversation. You could also ask your friend who is friends with him what this guy is like so you have an idea of what to expect if/when you initiate a conversation with him. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

I wanted to tell to my friend about this, but then she suddenly told me that she liked me. I told her that I was gay but not that his friend was the guy I liked. I felt that telling her that would be painful for her. I ended up telling her but she doesn't seem to care at all. But everybody just say the same thing: he just avoids everyone who try to talk to him.

Oh c'mon , don't give up so easily
in the end you really never know , maybe he will say yes
but if you're still not sure just try to be friends , tell that friend of yours to introduce you to him so you can get to know him . if you give up now you'll just regret it
good luck and keep us posted :)

Thanks for your advise. I've just clarified about this (telling my friend that I liked him). I will try to keep posting!
Posts merged. ~Endeavour

lolaa
June 22nd, 2017, 02:56 PM
I wanted to tell to my friend about this, but then she suddenly told me that she liked me. I told her that I was gay but not that his friend was the guy I liked. I felt that telling her that would be painful for her. I ended up telling her but she doesn't seem to care at all. But everybody just say the same thing: he just avoids everyone who try to talk to him.

don't believe what everyone says , experience it on your own instead of taking someones word for it

mick01
June 22nd, 2017, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't give up either. Try somehow to get to meet him and then be patient with him. Maybe ask him to do something together that you both like. It might take a while but if you have this bond with him, you should try to make something happen. Even if nothing romantic happens, you could still be his friend.

Jspams
June 24th, 2017, 01:49 AM
Go for it! just try talking, and find something in common.

Chaosphere
June 28th, 2017, 02:20 AM
It could just be infatuation. Have your mutual friend introduce you, since you said you both know someone in common. Only through being able to talk to him a bit will you realize whether or not there's chemistry.

Living For Love
June 28th, 2017, 03:13 PM
If he had other people approaching him and he rejected them, maybe he's not interested in being in a relationship (for some reason) or having other close friends. It's his choice and you need to respect it. If you feel it's not appropriate to start a conversation out of the blue, then maybe it's better to forget it. Alternatively, if he keeps sending you mixed signals, try to approach him by sitting close to him, I've had people noticing me having lunch alone and they simply asked to sit next to me to have a chat. Maybe he won't mind if you do that.