PDA

View Full Version : Football Training Help

Roc a fella
June 21st, 2017, 11:23 PM
I'm much skinnier than most of the kid on my football team but I'm the most athletic by far I have the highest vertical and can jump the farthest. I play wr and going into highschool since I'm smaller and I'm scared of taking hits I've always used my agility in basketball and football to get around defenders but now I don't know what to do. I don't know how to train to get bigger or take impact.

I need help on what to do.

Just JT
June 21st, 2017, 11:43 PM
Not a football player or anything but here's my two cent
Talk to coach and the trainer. They'll set you in the right direction
Also, I'd get rid of the "Ike the most" or "I'm the best" at anything. Especially football, or any sport. It's a team thing. And the team works on players strong points, not weaknesses.

Given that, and your really all that smaller, worried about hits?
Good motivating factor to be a really fast runner.
Could be a career thing ya no?

mick01
June 28th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Imo the first thing you need to do is get over being scared of taking hits. It doesn't matter how fast or big you are if you're afraid of contact. It's football, bro. Maybe you should look into track and cross country.

DriveAlive
June 28th, 2017, 04:50 PM
I played line in high school. The smallest guy in the line in both height and weight could take the hardest hits of anyone. Hitting is 90% mindset and 10% size. If you really want to get bigger, you need to eat more and regularly lift with the goal of gaining size.