PDA

View Full Version : Punctured liver

mrmee
June 21st, 2017, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure if this goes in here or alcohol drugs and meds so mods, move it if need be.

A few months ago I was in a pretty serious motorcycle accident. Broken pelvis, tailbone, ribs. My face got tore up and half of it had to be re-constructed. And my ribs poked holes in my liver and right lung.

About a month of recovery, and 50 stitches later, I have made a "full recovery". But my drinking tolerance is sparatic to say the least. Before the accident, I could hold my own with shots and beer all night long. My first time drinking since the accident, I could barely hold down three beers. I went to senior week a month ago and did a lot of heavy drinking there. I went through 3 thirty packs and a half gallon of whisky in three days, but I barely felt drunk.
I did have a run in with the law and had to take a standard brethalizer test, shortly after drinking a few beers. It showed 0.00 BAC. That means I had no alcohol in my system.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing my tolerance to be so unpredictable, please let me know

Just JT
June 22nd, 2017, 01:09 AM
Dude your 17 and putting them down like a seasoned
You didn't make mention about a punctured liver in your post
But I'd talk to your dr about your concerns. In fact I'd even print this up and show him this post, ask what he thinks.

Kinda already know that myself, lived that already. You don't want that death bro

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2017, 03:16 PM
You damaged your liver my friend. Your liver is what helps process alcohol through your system. The normal adult body can process 1 one ounce shot of liquor or 1 beer or 1 8 ounce glass of wine per hour. I would recommend being very careful about how much you drink. Even without your injury alcohol abuse is hard on your liver. You are also putting down way too much booze for anyone of any age man.